login

Author Topic: Riff Raff Theater: Batman & Robin (The Rifftrax Riff)  (Read 39855 times)

Offline ChrisHanel

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
Riff Raff Theater: Batman & Robin (The Rifftrax Riff)
« on: December 14, 2007, 12:15:22 PM »
If you have any questions about Batman & Robin, the riffing process, or want to talk about your writing, post it here.

-Chris

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
Re: Riff Raff Theater: Batman & Robin (The Rifftrax Riff)
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 12:41:13 PM »
I will give this the old college try, but when anybody (and I mean any person in the movie) talks it makes me want to burn things.
On timeout

Offline ChrisHanel

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 12:43:20 PM »
Also, I'll give a cookie to anyone who can figure this out first:

Arnold made 25 million for this movie. How much was he paid per line of dialogue?

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2007, 01:57:00 PM »
"only has 100 lines in total. The fact that 26% of these lines are lame puns on"

$250,000.00

$6,500,000.00 just for the puns
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 01:59:12 PM by bettertomorrowamy »
On timeout

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2007, 02:40:42 PM »
And people complained when he got paid $27,000 per line for Terminator 2. Yeesh.
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

Offline Dim of the Yard

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 71
  • Do the Servo Swivel!
    • Dim's Twitter Page
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2007, 03:19:06 PM »
I definitely want to give this one a shot.  You have no idea how much of my childhood was dedicated to sitting around and watching this damn movie.  Oh my God, was it deplorable.  The movie, I mean.  If it weren't for Mr. Bean and Lucasarts point-n-click adventure games, I would include my childhood in that statement, as well.

... On second thought, let me include my childhood in that statement, come to think of it.  Considering how often I watched this tripe... oh, God, don't look at me!  I'm unclean!  Unclean!

Offline Cibernético II

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Vadinho says: YOU are the Pumaman.
    • My Space
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2007, 03:59:08 PM »
yeah, so what is the process exactly?
I really do like pie.

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2007, 04:03:48 PM »
Chris will be uploading some changes to the website ( http://www.riffrafftheater.com ) this evening when he gets back from his company Christmas party, which will include the submission form, a script template, and other details. We'll cross post here and in the announcement thread with the same info as soon as it's posted.

If you'd like to get started ahead of time, check out the first few posts in the TRON or Speed thread for formatting instructions... you can get started writing with just that information. :)
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2007, 05:48:25 AM »
Hey everyone,

Instructions for submissions, the script template, and the script upload form can now be found from the main page of http://www.riffrafftheater.com/ (just click the giant, self-explanatory banner).

Happy Riffing!

-- James "Chaos" Whistler
Head Writer, Riff Raff Theater

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2380
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2007, 06:05:37 AM »
Hows this, when writing "conversational" riffs between numerous riffers, should we keep it general (Riffer 1: / Riffer 2: ) or more specific (Mike: /Bill: )?
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2007, 06:12:37 AM »
That's an excellent question, and Chris asked Mike about that specifically when they were discussing the details for the project.

Mike said that when they are writing, they usually don't have a specific person in mind for any given joke... the owner of the joke just kind of naturally evolves as they are writing and prepping the material. On occasion, they will write a joke specifically for one person to take on, but that is not the norm.

We definitely don't want to stimmy their performances by assigning all of the material ourselves, so I'd suggest that we all write in the same manner. For the most part, try to keep it generic (Riffer 1, Riffer 2, Riffer 3, or if it's a single line, just list the line), but if you have a certain joke that you really think needs to be said by a certain person or people, by all means go ahead and include that info as well.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2380
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2007, 06:21:27 AM »
Good to know, there's a couple lines I've had in my head that I just heard Bill's voice from the beginning.  They just have that "Bill snaps on the movie" feel to them for me.  For the most part I imagine most of what I come up with will be open in that regard though.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2007, 01:09:21 PM »

Head Writer huh, can I get you anything, cup of coffee, scone, and let me know if you need a ride to the airport or anything.  Anything at all Mr. Whistler.

Offline GregMcduck

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1
  • KOOOOONG!!1
    • Pop Arena
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2007, 01:54:30 PM »
Whoa, the B&R script is due BEFORE the Speed script? I really need to crack down on it then.

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2007, 02:40:25 PM »
Whoa, the B&R script is due BEFORE the Speed script? I really need to crack down on it then.

Yeah, RiffTrax has an impressively aggressive writing timetable for their scripts, but we feel it's definitely a doable goal. I know for a fact that a couple of people who have contributed on the two existing projects have hammered out nearly complete scripts in a single weekend or even an evening's viewing. Mostly we just want to make sure there's enough time for people to pick up their copies of the movie and give it a good going over to make sure they can submit their best material to live up to the high level of quality we all love getting from RiffTrax.

Personally, I usually spend about a week or two on my scripts, and Chris has been known to do an entire recording session with no script at all, KTMA style. That's the improv training at work.

Head Writer huh, can I get you anything, cup of coffee, scone, and let me know if you need a ride to the airport or anything.  Anything at all Mr. Whistler.

The advantage of starting your own business is that you can choose whatever job title you want. Chris barely talked me out of the title "Emperor of Earth." Which is a shame, because I'd already shelled out for the business cards. ;)