login

Author Topic: Thoughts?  (Read 17499 times)

Offline RaYzor

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 0
  • ‹AmandaGal› I, too, enjoy some penis.
Re: Thoughts?
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2006, 03:17:13 PM »
I am a big Star Wars fan.  However, Episode 1: The Phantom Menace really did let me down.  It was mostly Jar Jar and the Gungans, but also that annoying little brat that played Anakin.

Its nice to see that Mike and Kevin chose to get together and lambaste not only the films flaws (it does move pretty slow a lot of the time) but the most annoying character ever, Jar Jar, and his cohorts.

Great job guys!  I really couldn't stop laughing throughout it, especially the underwater part (when I have to view this movie, I normally get rid of 15 - 20 minutes of uselessness by skipping that part.  Makes it a much better movie!)

Just please tell me you won't touch the greatest film ever made, Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith  .... I don't think I could take it, hehehe.

However, even though it was a much better film than Episode 1... the movie Episode 2: Attack of the Clones could use a good asskicking for the love scenes at least.  Here's to hoping.

Thanks again!
RaYzor
Now you see that evil will always triumph ... because good is dumb.

Offline Tyrant

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 71
  • 2007-11 Satanic Humanitarian Award Winner
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2006, 04:23:21 PM »

WOW.

That's all that really needs to be said.

The Roger Rabbit being redesigned by Satan joke? BEST LINE EVER!!!

Special thanks to Saucy for getting us this riff!! Thanks again, buddy. Pak and I are forever grateful.

Offline cropsy13

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2006, 09:42:10 PM »
"Nascar fans" had me rolling

I never realised untill watching with Rifftrax how much Talking parts there was (Dont know why).

Awsome Rifftrax

Offline AvestheFox

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 2
  • The Fox Hath Spoken!
    • The Bullock Gallery
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2006, 11:53:37 PM »
the Clown Princess jokes on Amadala were priceless

Offline Monty22001

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2006, 12:36:29 AM »
I actually like Episode 1 ok.  They got better with each one, but episode 2 still has some great riff potential. 

The riffing on Ep1 was great, and I'm glad Kevin's there.  He really helps the entire thing.  Thanks guys!

Offline dignan

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 3
  • If Val's happy, I'm happy!
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2006, 05:12:03 AM »
"Less action, more planning!"  Ah, I love this Rifftrax.  Excellent job, guys!

MontyServo

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2006, 05:52:30 AM »
I actually like Episode 1 ok.  They got better with each one, but episode 2 still has some great riff potential. 

The riffing on Ep1 was great, and I'm glad Kevin's there.  He really helps the entire thing.  Thanks guys!

Welcome to the board.  I like your name.   ;D

Offline Digger Smolkin

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2006, 06:37:35 AM »
Well, I guess I'm laying myself open for a big ol' smackdown here, but I have to confess that this is the first RiffTrax I haven't been able to finish. I got 30 minutes into it and had to switch it off, saddened that for the first time in MST3K history, the riffers did just sound like aggressive, obnoxious jerks who I just wished would either shut up or get thrown out of the movie theater.

Perhaps naively, I was cautiously looking forward to this RiffTrax, in the hope that maybe Mike and Kevin would have something fresh, or at least witty to contribute. I'm really disappointed that they rolled out the same tired old criticisms of the movie yet again, as though they'd just thought of them, and a million other people hadn't been making the exact same jokes for the last seven years.

Obviously there were a few worthwhile lines here and there - comparing Jar Jar to Roger Rabbit redesigned by Satan was good, but the whole air of nastiness about it made it hard for me to laugh.

Don't get me wrong, even as a Star Wars fan from way back, I know The Phantom Menace is an indefensible movie. But really, when you're charging people money to download these things, you have to make a bit more of an effort than just making retching noises - if that was all Mike and Kevin could come up with, maybe it was a bad idea to riff this movie in the first place.

Anyway, just figured I'd provide a little balance to show that this particular RiffTrax isn't universally loved. Flame away, folks; I'll be cowering over here behind my Jar Jar Binks doll.

(Oh, and so my first post to this forum isn't completely negative, I've loved all the RiffTrax so far - Star Trek V being a particular favourite ("So, babies come from a woman's naughty bits...."))

Offline TENEBRE

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2006, 06:57:43 AM »
The lines about the underwater buffallo shots of Jar Jar Binks had me on the floor.

Offline eegah

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 275
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2006, 09:00:57 PM »
I really enjoyed it. It almost made the movie bearable. It was very theraputic to see Jar-Jar get trashed. I also never realized how Japanese-ish those aliens sounded and laughed heartily whenever they made a joke about that. And all of the "less action, more talk"-type moments were priceless.

However, I thought that the Star Trek V rifftrax was slightly better. There were more insightful, clever riffs.

In fact, I now realize that Star Trek V movie itself, as bad as it was, is better than the three Star Wars prequels. That was kind of a shocking realization.

Offline badronald

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2006, 05:49:29 AM »
I thought it was a fantastic addition to the Rifftrax canon - & a top choice to recommend to a Riffnoob.   I'm a casual SW fan so I had no strong feelings about the movie; I had only seen it once before, when it first came out & I really didn't remember it being so bad - especially the kid & queen AbbaDabba's "acting". 

Favorite LOL moment - "Look at this Numa Numa video"

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 4
  • Twins Territory
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2006, 12:19:13 PM »
Awesome.

Offline BBQ Platypus

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 59
  • SURF'S UP, SPACE PONIES!
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2006, 02:20:50 PM »
Absolutely hilarious - the funniest one I've seen (but that might change; I haven't seen all of them...yet).  Highlights:

Jar-Jar - They went beyond the obvious racial jokes (although they still included some) and really tore him a new one (assuming he had one to begin with)
All the commentary related to the stupid peripheral alien characters
The comparison of Quad-whatsisface to Droopy
"Rommel, you magnificent bastard, I read your book!"

...and that's just some of them.  I can't even NAME them all.  This movie DESERVED to be treated in a mean way.

(Just for the record, when I first saw this movie, I was 11, and I still thought it sucked.  Believe it or not, it wasn't Jar-Jar who pissed me off the most - it was the god-awful "performance" by Jake Lloyd, world's crappiest child actor).
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 05:40:12 PM by BBQ Platypus »
Correction: the coat hanger should be upside down.

Offline PlayMSTie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2006, 02:36:17 PM »
Jar-Jar - They went beyond the obvious racial jokes (although they still included some) and really tore him a new one (assuming he had one to begin with)

I agree with Kevin: Jar Jar is annoying on a metaphysical level.  ;D

Which one of the guys did the Droopy Dog voice? I couldn't tell. Hilarious!!  :D
"There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal." C. S. Lewis

Bring back Bridget!

Offline Winterkid

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2006, 02:45:22 PM »
I loved it...  I laughed, I cried, I wet myself.... 

We need more rifftrax just like this.  Well, not EXACTLY like this, but of this quality.