login

Author Topic: Thoughts?  (Read 17444 times)

Offline darthvedder81

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 0
Re: Thoughts?
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2006, 10:12:03 AM »
Welcome to rifftrax Teaflax!

The Norwegian puppet movie was real?

Both Matrix and STV have a little bit of 'this movie sucks' bashing in them, Matrix more so than STV, but neither to the sort of extreme anger level seen in SWEp1 ;)  Hope you enjoy STV, it's my favourite.

That's what bothered me most about the rifftrack. The anger seemed feigned and forced. I think that has to do with Star Wars being such a huge target?nobody gives a crap about "Star Trek V" or "Pont Break" but Star Wars because of it's status in pop culture generates a lot more emotion.

TPM may not be great but it's silly to call it the worst or most unendurable movie ever. To put it another  way: I don't like "Matrix" "X-Men" or LOTR but I wouldn't call them terrible on the level of "Crossroads" or "Road House" either.

Offline darthvedder81

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2006, 10:22:56 AM »
There just seemed to be so much sputtering malice toward the film that I couldn't help but keep thinking that if angry, semi-coherrant fanboys had recorded this track, it would have sounded much the same.

Au contraire.  Please examine the following semi coherent fanboy track in order to properly differentiate between the two:

http://www.quickstopentertainment.com/?p=1468

What the hell? Why would anyone want to listen to these two goons running their mouths off for two hours nitpicking every detail in the film? A new wave of whiney fanboy soundtracks? I can't think of any reason why I'd want to endure that?even if I did hate a movie.

Offline Winterkid

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2006, 03:37:42 PM »
Yeah, I could make my own commentary about crap I don't like about the movie thanks.  Not to mention that I can come up with new stuff every time.

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 4
  • Twins Territory
« Reply #63 on: November 17, 2006, 08:32:55 PM »
Its true that you guys are entitled to your opinions, but at the same time, saying that "I could've done this myself" is wayyy too harsh.

This is professional comedy at its best. Awesome riff track  8)

Offline Winterkid

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2006, 01:52:32 AM »
I meant I could make a commentary about stuff that sucks about the movie.  Personally I would prefer a rifftrax or a FUNNY commentary.  No one wants to hear negativity without comedy.  At least when Mike and Kevin ripped SW:E1 a new one, they made it funny.  The fanboy commentaries where they criticize are just negative and depressing.  Not cause I dislike what they did, but I have better things to do with my time...  like buy more rifftrax, and DVD's to go with.

So my point?
Fanboy critique commentary = SUCKS
Rifftrax commentary = RULES

Offline Inv8r_BILLY

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2006, 10:02:43 PM »
"This is professional comedy at its best"
Meh, I still disagree...these are some of the best comic writers and performers of our generation working, but wwwaaaAAAAAAAAYyyyyy far from their best work.  Again, ABSOLUTELY no disrespect to Mr.s Nelson and Murphy (good God, it's good to hear new stuff from them!), whose body of work is the reason the VAST majority of us are here, but maybe this movie was simply unwatchable.  They made that call every show on MST3K; whatever film they comment on, it still has to watchable on some level, and perhaps TPM simply is too horrible to contemplate as entertainment, in any form.

Offline J-Proof

• J-Proof
  • The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #66 on: November 20, 2006, 09:32:33 AM »
Perhaps those people who didn't like the Star Wars Riff are too defensive of the creation that Star Wars has become, and are not focusing on the simple movie-quality of TPM.

Is the SW universe sweet-awesome? Absolutely. I've wanted to be a jedi since third grade. But was TPM a movie worth riffing simply because of its bad-good-movie quality? I definitely think so. Look at the riff as a riff for a movie that was over-budgeted and crazy, and not a riff on the SW universe itself.
J to the Pizzo
P to the Jizzay...

Offline LadyKenobi

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
    • BlondeChampagne
« Reply #67 on: November 20, 2006, 02:37:37 PM »
Well, for me, that's not why I didn't like it as much as I thought I would.  I really don't mind SW universe riffing at all; do it myself, as a matter of fact.  I just thought this Rifftrax focused over and over again on the perception that the movie sucked, not what was happening on the screen at the moment.  (There was also a bit too much lowbrow humor as well, IMHO.)

But that doesn't mean that I can't wait for them to do Eps II and III.  There was plenty in there that I DID find funny.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 02:40:31 PM by LadyKenobi »

Offline SecretAgentSuperDragon

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 3
  • Cake or Death?
« Reply #68 on: November 22, 2006, 12:39:31 AM »
Oh man was this a good one. In top 2 - with a bullet. So many good lines. Loved the 2nd amendment Tusken Raiders, and the obscene sounds uttered by the "John Goodman" gungan, and then Mike mimicking it was freaking hilarious. All the Rasta-Jar Jar and Asian-Viceroy jokes were great.
Just an awesome one guys keep it up. I'll let you know what I think about LOTR in the morning.

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 953
« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2006, 08:40:34 PM »

Wow. Never have I seen a movie so completely destroyed. My god, Mike was simply merciless.

Is there anything else to say?

Offline Electric_Nachos

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2007, 12:02:53 AM »
It was funny and cruel in the way it needed to be, but I don't think I'll be taking it out to watch again on a lazy afternoon...OR ever.
Not because of the rifftrax but because nothing  NOTHING in this world could force me to watch Jar Jar  again. 

I know I went to  see it in the theaters but I must have blocked it out, or it just left a blank because there was no content whatsoever.

I think  Rifftrax have something better going with movies that are actually slightly endurable.  I mean, I love making fun of movies that are bad, but seeing this film again made me realize just how much denial I was in about its ferociously interminable ineptitude.  There was nothing really for them to play off of.  It's a  DOA film.
yeah. wow.

I'm still in shock.

Offline DeadlyCinema

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • The Underworld Looks Better in Pink
    • Deadly Cinema: The Myspace Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 02, 2007, 04:13:24 PM »
Great Rifftrax. I saw this film twice at the theater (sigh, it's true), and Mike/Kevin's exacted revenge was carthartic in more ways than one. Two more "Star Wars" to go and the planets will align.

Matthew
myspace.com/deadlycinema

Offline The Tick

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #72 on: April 02, 2007, 10:08:04 AM »
Im sorry to say that this has to be my least fav rifftrax.  i was really exited about this one cuz i hated sw1 so i expected it to be hilarious  but this was a big let down. i mean it was all jokes ive been hearing forever and lost their funny way too long ago and the stuff that i havent herd b4 was just bland or plain mean. so this it two thumbs way down from the tick.  :-",
Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

Offline timechaser

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #73 on: April 02, 2007, 03:31:44 PM »
I'm amazed at what a few years can do on a person's perspective. When I saw this movie for the first time in theaters I genuinely liked it, but now that I watch it a second time, today older and wiser in the ways of crap movies, I cannot abide this atrocious flick. The rifftrax made my day though, well done on the 'throwing up whenever Jar Jar speaks' gag when they were underwater.
He split Robin's arrow in twain!!

Offline Wild Eep

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #74 on: June 08, 2007, 09:48:18 PM »
I was a little disappointed in this one.  A lot of the cracks were really repetitive, and got pretty stale by the time the movie was over.  I mean, the chinese-food jokes were funny once, maybe twice.  Likewise for the jokes on the stupid character names and "Naboo."   I thought Episode 2 was a much better Riff.