login

Author Topic: worst movies ever  (Read 4297 times)

Offline Famous Mortimer

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
Re: worst movies ever
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2006, 06:42:46 AM »
The Stinkers list is pretty bad, to be honest. There's at least 10 films on there that although may not be brilliant, don't deserve to be on a list of the worst 100 films of all time. Police Academy 1 was alright for what it was, "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" is actually a good fun film, and the placing of "Hudson Hawk" and "Blair Witch" are classic cases of the Emperor's new clothes- a few big reviewers called it terrible and they followed suit. Hudson Hawk isn't great and is full of holes, but is loads of fun at times. Texas Chainsaw Massacre 1 and 2 are both excellent films and I'm baffled as to which films the crew of that site were watching.

I don't even think I'm being controversial with any of this- there's no dubt they did skewer a few deserved stinkers, but there's no way in a million years you can count any of the films I've just named as among the worst 100 films ever made.

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2006, 07:21:12 AM »
Yeah Hudson Hawk is one of those films that is seems gets overly bashed. Disproportionate to its actual quality.

Offline Shinigami

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2006, 07:58:43 AM »
Yeah, people seem to think that its a bad action flick as opposed to an action flick spoof as it obviously is.  On that note, Hudson Hawk is a rather funny, though corny, comedy and spoof.

Offline 6079SmithW

• Big Montana
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2006, 08:53:44 AM »
That list is a strange mix of movies that got critically hammered when they came out, movies that everyone now agrees were kind of stupid but were fairly popular at the time, and just sort of unwatchable dreck, mostly stuff that people have only seen because of MST3k. If you're going to say that, for instance, Titanic is the worst movie ever, than you need to stick to the idea that you're going for movies that may have had good things going but were in the end insultingly terrible; Titanic and Manos don't belong on the same list.

Offline davo

• Magneto-cent Member
  • are you asking for a challlllenge?!!!!1!1!one!!1!
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2006, 09:19:47 AM »
The Stinkers list is pretty bad, to be honest. There's at least 10 films on there that although may not be brilliant, don't deserve to be on a list of the worst 100 films of all time. Police Academy 1 was alright for what it was, "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" is actually a good fun film, and the placing of "Hudson Hawk" and "Blair Witch" are classic cases of the Emperor's new clothes- a few big reviewers called it terrible and they followed suit. Hudson Hawk isn't great and is full of holes, but is loads of fun at times. Texas Chainsaw Massacre 1 and 2 are both excellent films and I'm baffled as to which films the crew of that site were watching.

I don't even think I'm being controversial with any of this- there's no dubt they did skewer a few deserved stinkers, but there's no way in a million years you can count any of the films I've just named as among the worst 100 films ever made.

yeah, how in the world can Blair Witch Project be on there?  that was a cool,scary,unique movie.  talk about backlash...
and Drop Dead Fred?  i love Rik Mayall (the young ones) so i'm biased,but it's not the worst 100.

there's so many that are wrong with that list on stinkers:
The "Friday The 13th" Series   (even the first one?)
The Gods Must Be Crazy   (really?)
Lost In Space 
Natural Born Killers  (talk about emperor's new clothes. )
The "Police Academy" Series (agreed that the first one was dumb fun :-)
The Porky's Trilogy (even the first one?)
The Postman
Red Dawn (only in retrospect does this seem cheesier than it actually was at the time. more dumb fun)
Star Trek-The Motion Picture (1979) and the "odd numbered" original cast Star Drek sequels  (*LAME bandwagon jumping with the "odd numbered" theory)

Offline Road_Element

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 51
  • The Names Servo, Tom Servo
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2006, 09:30:34 AM »
no no no

Manos the hands of fate thats the worst ever ! MST3K even made fun of it!

I have to agree. Out of all the movies ive seen in my lifetime. Manos the hands of fate is by far the worst.

Offline 6079SmithW

• Big Montana
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2006, 01:26:54 PM »
no no no

Manos the hands of fate thats the worst ever ! MST3K even made fun of it!

I have to agree. Out of all the movies ive seen in my lifetime. Manos the hands of fate is by far the worst.
Really? Did you see Monster A-Go-Go?

At least Manos was a movie, not a stock footage festival with narration.