Author Topic: RVR II GOES BACK TO MEXICO AGAIN!!  (Read 252824 times)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3455
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: RVR II GOES BACK TO MEXICO AGAIN!!
« Reply #3975 on: January 27, 2017, 05:09:35 PM »
I'm glad to hear they want you to come back down.
Yeah that got me emotional cause I started to think about what they thought of me like I didn't take care of their sister better or something like that but I think they know how stubborn she was and how vicious thus cancer was.. They even said that I should move here but I really can't do that now.. Visit most definitely but living here on a permanent basis just doesn't seem realistic anymore.
Never say never but I just need to focus on my bills and going after her creditors for the time being :-\

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #3976 on: January 27, 2017, 05:10:42 PM »
have you started practicing wall climbing?
I got a financial wall to climb when I get home.. That's enough for me to handle for quite sometime  :speechless:

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #3977 on: January 29, 2017, 11:34:09 AM »
Today is my last day in Iguala Mexico and I have no idea when I will return. .
Went to the cemetery this morning to say goodbye to my wife one last time and packed up my bags so I am ready to catch the bus to Mexico City and then fly home via Atlanta then on to Charlotte via Delta.

Probably repeating here but this has been the most difficult thing I have ever experienced and the real challenge is about to begin when I return home with 16 years of her memories everywhere, not to mention trying to run a Spanish services Tax business by myself and the clients asking "Where's Yadi?" And I have to tell them she passed away over and over and over again.. :-[
Trying to figure out some sort of strategy upon my return but I am just going to have to wing it day by day for a while.. Really I am just dreading returning to a lonely home.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 11:36:06 AM by RVR II »

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #3978 on: January 30, 2017, 09:03:52 AM »
Made it to Mexico City terminal 2 after a bus trip from Iguala and currently waiting on my flight to Atlanta then flying on to Charlotte. .
It's a very lonely trip home :-[

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #3979 on: January 30, 2017, 07:15:50 PM »
And I'm home.. Time to start a new chapter in my life.. Somehow.. Someway

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2341
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #3980 on: January 30, 2017, 08:21:39 PM »
How far away is your family?  Can you visit with them often?

Time does heal, but this early it moves so darn slow, try to keep busy with anything you can.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #3981 on: January 30, 2017, 08:52:38 PM »

Time does heal, but this early it moves so darn slow, try to keep busy with anything you can.
My parents are close by.. I talk with them often and plan on going over there for Super Bowl Sunday.

I will have plenty to do getting her death certificate created with her married last name so I can go after her creditors as well as try to run our Spanish services tax business so this week I will be busy for sure

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2341
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #3982 on: January 31, 2017, 06:44:31 AM »

My parents are close by.. I talk with them often and plan on going over there for Super Bowl Sunday.

I will have plenty to do getting her death certificate created with her married last name so I can go after her creditors as well as try to run our Spanish services tax business so this week I will be busy for sure

There's a point where you'll probably start having weird feelings about those tasks, a feeling that you've turned her death into just a bunch of projects to keep yourself busy, it's a natural defense mechanism when things get overwhelming.  I saw it happen to my dad after my mom passed, and it happened to me after he went.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #3983 on: January 31, 2017, 03:30:43 PM »

There's a point where you'll probably start having weird feelings about those tasks, a feeling that you've turned her death into just a bunch of projects to keep yourself busy, it's a natural defense mechanism when things get overwhelming.  I saw it happen to my dad after my mom passed, and it happened to me after he went.
Been busy all day..
Apparently they can't create a death certificate with her married name on it in SC so I have to send a copy of the original along with a copy of our SC marriage license as backup evidence. I should be able to get refunds on the partial plane ticket from American for June and a full ticket amount from Delta for the December ticket.
Sending out my first general letter to a local bank for her delinquent credit card telling them to stop calling and sending letters to my home or I would forward them to my attorney to send out a Cease and Desist letter before I have them file a lawsuit against them.

While going through 2 months of mail, I discovered my wife had a safe-deposit box at B of A! It's in serious delinquent status and was not too far from the lock being drilled and the contents seized but I got B of A to halt the proceedings and I have to go to Probate court to get an Estate Certificate created listing me as the Executor for my wife. They couldn't tell me how long she's had that box but they did say that there was no one else listed as an authorized person to access it. They did tell me however that if I could find the key that I could just go in and get the contents out but without the key, they would require the Estate Certificate. I need to start searching for that key :o

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #3984 on: January 04, 2018, 05:18:19 AM »
Tomorrow afternoon (January 5) I will be going back to Mexico for quite possibly the the very last time :(
It is coming up on one year (January 10) that I lost my wife to uterine sarcoma cancer and I have decided to turn over my half of our land to my goddaughter (I lost the other half to my mother in law because Mexican law states that since we had no children, the land is split between myself and the last surviving parent) so I need to be there to sign off on the forms and paperwork. By relinquishing my claim to my portion of the property, I relinquish my last remaining hold to Iguala, Mexico and it could cause a stir with some of the family there because they tallied a bill of around $95000 Pesos (almost $5000 USD) for medical expenses, medicine, transportation, and other costs that were for my late wife's cancer treatments but after finding and going through her wire money transfers over the years, there was a lot more money going south to her family than I was ever aware of; Like 10s of thousands of dollars that went towards education for some nieces and nephews, clothing for children of nieces and nephews, a lot of money to her mom's account (for what I don't know), and also for a sisters 2015 Honda Fit compact car! From what I can tell, we probably paid for the entire cost of that car! Not to mention she left me broke with a bunch of her creditors I've had to deal with in 2017 as they have been trying to attach her debt to a worthless estate and my attorneys have been dealing with them all year..
So after discovering all this obviously I have no intention of paying this bill back to the family! When they find out that I transferred the land it will more than likely cause some issues with some of them because they will know I don't plan on paying that bill so I will try to keep this land transfer as quiet as possible till I leave on January 16. If it does come up I will just use the ol car salesman pitch and tell them what they want to hear that I'm working on it but I'm still looking for a full time job and I'm still dealing with her creditors so it will be a while blah-blah-blah.. And no my safety will not be in danger while there.
I also plan on seeing a dentist while there as I have no dental insurance here and can't afford to pay for dental work here in the states, get my stuff that is still at my brother in law's house, and go to the cemetery to try to forgive her for the financial betrayal and leaving me with a financial mess :-[
Then I can move on with my life and continue trying to find a full time good paying job that will help me rebuild my savings.

On a side note.. I will miss Anais's posts here as she always enjoyed my adventures to Mexico that I posted on this thread :'(

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #3985 on: January 05, 2018, 08:56:16 PM »
Made it to Dallas where I'll be spending the night. .
Joy..

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2722
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #3986 on: January 05, 2018, 11:35:23 PM »
Sorry, Fort Worth.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #3987 on: January 06, 2018, 12:35:08 AM »

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #3988 on: January 07, 2018, 03:48:58 AM »
Made it safe and sound yesterday so now my work begins..

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #3989 on: January 10, 2018, 10:47:30 AM »
Well today is the first anniversary of my wife's passing and being here in her home town it's like time stood still. .
I still have vivid memories of last year. Today will be the toughest day I have to get through but the family is very happy I'm here.