login

Author Topic: Riff Raff Theater: Speed (The Live Show)  (Read 21304 times)

Offline Junkyard

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 5
  • Steampunk Monster Hunter
    • Riff Raff Theater
Re: Riff Raff Theater: Speed (The Live Show)
« Reply #75 on: January 12, 2008, 09:35:20 AM »
By the way- DONE. Just need to go through and fix my terrible spelling, and then send it in.

As for the movie: Bad enough to riff, not so bad it riffs itself.

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 2
  • Riff everything.
« Reply #76 on: January 12, 2008, 09:52:46 PM »
When is the next Riff Raff movie vote going to be? I have some suggestions. And I'm saving my money.

Offline ChrisHanel

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #77 on: January 12, 2008, 10:39:40 PM »
We're trying to get through the live show, recording Tron, and handing over Batman & Robin before entertaining the idea of another riff.

We'll put up one of the next riffs to a vote, but due to the limited nature of what we can get licensed for live shows, we'll have to give you the list of nominees. Probably. We'll see.

Offline ChrisHanel

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #78 on: January 12, 2008, 10:40:36 PM »
Also, with 2 days left we have very few Speed submissions as it stands. I know everyone's been working their asses off for B&R, but we can't delay the deadline for the Speed submissions due to the February 1st show. If there's any way you can turn in some lines, even a couple, we'd really appreciated it. Thanks.

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 2
  • Riff everything.
« Reply #79 on: January 12, 2008, 10:51:29 PM »
You're doing all future riffs live then?

Sorry about Speed. Damn you, Walmart, and your anti-Keanureevesishness!

Offline ChrisHanel

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #80 on: January 12, 2008, 11:49:31 PM »
Not all of them, but it behooves us to block ourselves from the possibility. It really depends on how much of an audience we get for this first live show. If we don't get many people... then I guess it won't be much of a problem anymore. :)

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #81 on: January 13, 2008, 09:21:35 AM »
Please don't forget that the deadline for submissions is tomorrow, everyone. We could really use some more material for this one, as there haven't been very many submissions yet. Personally, I'm totally fine standing on our own material if necessary, but the whole point of Riff Raff Theater, to me, is that it is a chance for EVERYONE to have their say.

If you want a chance to hear your jokes professionally performed (there WILL be an mp3 release of this in addition to the live show), this riff is a golden opportunity to have your material used, since there are less submissions to compete with than with Batman and Robin. Hurry up and get some material submitted before the deadline! Even if you can only write a few lines, from any spot in the movie, we'll be glad to consider them along with the other submissions. :)
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

Offline Matt B

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 3
    • The Stephen Ratliff Misting Archive
« Reply #82 on: January 13, 2008, 11:24:37 PM »
Sent some riffs in a little while ago. Let me know if they fail to appear.

MontyServo

« Reply #83 on: January 14, 2008, 02:32:04 AM »
I'm off from work today, so I'll see if I can't get something written down today to send in.  The deadline sort of crept up on me, as I haven't even started yet.

Offline Ortega

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 36
    • Ortega's Covers
« Reply #84 on: January 14, 2008, 02:51:55 AM »
I sent mine in.  I have to agree with Steve-O, after riffing Batman and Robin, it takes a lot of the riffing out of you.  I only got about 30 to 40 jokes.  The deadline crept up on me too.  And i stuck two MST3K jokes in there.....i'd like to  see if you can figure them out. ;)

Offline Junkyard

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 5
  • Steampunk Monster Hunter
    • Riff Raff Theater
« Reply #85 on: January 14, 2008, 06:34:33 AM »
Even as one of RRT's staff writers, this was still a relatively light script for me, because of the time taken up by the BaR script. Only about one joke every 30 seconds.

Well, if we don't get too many scripts, it will still be a good measure of our Central 5's abilities.

(Meanwhile, we'll try to avoid springing too many projects at you at once from now on.)

Meanwhile, everybody submit what you can!

Offline Steve-O

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 56
    • The Incomparable
« Reply #86 on: January 14, 2008, 12:15:44 PM »
My script is in.  It probably could have made the leap from barely passable to halfway decent with one more pass through the movie, but I'm out of time (and strength.)  I could probably work up the fortitude to help fill in any yawning chasms in the combined script if you guys need it, though.

(Meanwhile, we'll try to avoid springing too many projects at you at once from now on.)

And by all means, feel free to pick a movie that doesn't run two excruciating hours next time.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 12:20:05 PM by Steve-O »

MontyServo

« Reply #87 on: January 14, 2008, 03:20:28 PM »
Just sent my riffs in.

Not too many riffs, but I think that most of them are pretty funny.

At least Speed is more enjoyable to watch than B&R.

Please let me know if you didn't get my riffs submission.

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #88 on: January 14, 2008, 05:24:12 PM »
Suggestion for Audience participation.  I'll put this in a spoiler.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Invader_quirk

« Reply #89 on: January 14, 2008, 07:15:13 PM »
QuipTracks is done. We sent in our script via email. Let us know if you don't get it.

And yes, something must be done about that opening sequence. I like the department idea, but I don't think the audience will be good enough to come up with funny ones on the spot. It is a good idea for scripted jokes though. We might want to make a thread where people can come up with funny departments to help us along in this endeavor.