login

Author Topic: Tin Man  (Read 5179 times)

acoletterose

Tin Man
« on: December 03, 2007, 11:18:56 AM »
Personally, I thought it was rather enjoyable. There were a few things that I didn't like. D.G.'s (Dorothy) acting being the main one. It made me think of all the MST comments about being "almost lifelike."

I enjoyed the fact that it was darker and had more of a SF feel to it. Despite the bad acting, I think I'll be sticking it out to the end.

Anyone else watch the first episode of Tin Man on Sci Fi last night?

Offline Rude

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 3
  • Forum Czar
Re: Tin Man
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 12:25:11 PM »

Seriously... it's going to be a series? I had no idea. They were advertising the hell out of it all day on the Sci-Fi channel, so i finally decided to TiVo the premier. But i thought that it was just a TV movie. Obviously i haven't watched it yet. But if i had known that it was setting itself up to be a continuing series, i probably would never have even recorded it. I mean, the way i watch my recordings... by the time i actually get around to watching it, the whole first season will probably already be over~

-Rude
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."<a href="http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3</a>

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2657
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 01:21:33 PM »
 It's a 3 part mini-series.

I also forgot to watch last night, guess I'll try to catch it when they play it again, they will probably play all 3 in a row some weekend soon...

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2007, 06:20:14 PM »
So how much of a reimaging is it?

Is it McGuire level or something a little less extreme.  I'm assuming it's taking its lead from the film rather than the books right?

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2007, 11:24:23 PM »

Is it McGuire level or something a little less extreme.  I'm assuming it's taking its lead from the film rather than the books right?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Not sure if I need the spoiler, but just in case.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Tyrant

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 71
  • 2007-11 Satanic Humanitarian Award Winner
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2007, 08:31:57 PM »

I watched at it between doing other things. Actually gave the finale my undivided attention this evening. It wasn't too bad. Decent acting all around from the cast except for the girl playing DG. Was she trying to be dry and nonchalant or was she seriously trying not to act at all? I couldn't tell. Decent special effects for a TV movie. I'd give it a 6 out of 10. Here's why it's not higher (under a spoiler banner just in case):

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2007, 05:14:09 AM »

The flying monkeys sprang out of the wicked witch's boobs.

Jinkies, how deep was that cleavage?

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2007, 05:31:30 AM »

Just when I thought there wasn't any more Oz things to experience. Link please :)

Offline Hebs

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 54
  • Peachy keen!
    • Say Hello
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2007, 05:48:47 AM »

Just when I thought there wasn't any more Oz things to experience. Link please :)

I'm sorry, really but once a movie is on the Sci-Fi network... well, you lost me.

I caught a couple minutes of it last night, and I like Alan Cumming, but it didn't do much for me.  Maybe I should give it another shot.
.... t w i t t e r  //  b l o g  ....

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2007, 09:04:44 AM »
Holy crap I thought you were being sarcastic.

Monkey generating decolatage, that's one hell of a party trick.

acoletterose

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2007, 09:46:05 AM »

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1092277-wizard_of_oz/news/1664946/

There yah go.
... Enjoy?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 09:49:35 AM by acoletterose »

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2007, 09:52:34 AM »
I surpised Sci Fi didnt try and "Hip" up the reimagining a little bit by calling it Titanium Man, or something like that.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2007, 10:17:34 AM »
I surpised Sci Fi didnt try and "Hip" up the reimagining a little bit by calling it Titanium Man, or something like that.

Or make the Tin Man a Transformer......

Offline bratpop

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 2
  • Riff everything.
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2007, 02:21:17 AM »
I would recommend this for a Rifftrax but hopefully it will never disgrace a DVD, and also I wouldn't want anyone else to have to sit through all six and a half hours of Zooey Deschanel staring and looking confused.

They only called it Tin Man and named it after the wrong character on many levels because that was the only leftover from the Wizard of Oz that people would recognize. Somehow I don't think Boob Monkeys would have really gotten the message across. Personally, I would have called it "The O.Z." which sounds all like street and everything, yo.

I'm still surprised they didn't go the Tin Man/Dorothy love affair route in the end. They certainly hinted at it. And what better way to show he GETS HIS HEART back. Not that I approve, I'm just surprised. Then again, this was Sci-Fi, not Hollywood, so they were in no way obligated to have a romance, just guys in leather.

Still despite the six hours, this was begging to be riffed. Though no more than anything else Sci-Fi has ever shown. Rifftrax should do Alien Apocalypse. It just got re-released in with an all new action packed... cover. And people who bought it also bought "Next." COINCIDENCE??
http://www.amazon.com/Alien-Apocalypse-Bruce-Campbell/dp/B000WC38FA/

acoletterose

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2007, 06:35:21 AM »
Personally, I would have called it "The O.Z." which sounds all like street and everything, yo.

I was thinking that it should have been called the same thing.  Theye probably didn't want to call it that because it would be too similar to The O.C.  Everybody knows that we Americans are too dumb to puzzle that out.