login

Author Topic: "Weird Al" fans  (Read 56564 times)

Offline Russoguru

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 244
  • "He's never fought me twice!"
Re: "Weird Al" fans
« Reply #510 on: August 11, 2018, 11:03:23 AM »
I was just listening to "Stuck in a closet with Vanna White" yesterday several times. I don't know how to put it but I've had a strange kind of obsession with that song ever since I first heard it way the hell back in 1988. My mom got me the album(Even Worse) when it came out, and while I have no idea where that cassette is now, I still generally really LOVE that song. In fact I pretty much love that whole album. Over the past several years I've bought digital track here and a digital track there on Amazon, so I don't know what that says about me. Maybe it says I like my memories of those songs even better than actually owning them. To be fair, I honestly ought to buy the whole album again instead of one track at a time over a period of years.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2715
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #511 on: August 11, 2018, 11:23:17 AM »
You can get all of Weird Al's albums for like $5 a piece on Amazon. Except for Straight Outta Lynnwood. That had the DVD built into the other side, so it fetches a little bit higher price.

Offline Russoguru

« Reply #512 on: August 12, 2018, 09:42:52 AM »
I just picked up the whole MP3 album of Even Worse... unfortunately the digital album costs a little more than actually buying the CD from Amazon.  :(

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #513 on: September 19, 2018, 10:51:58 PM »
So it got overshadowed by the whole "Star on the walk of fame" thing, but Weird Al announced his next tour will be called "Strings Attached" and he'll be performing with a full orchestra accompanying every show. No dates or venues yet.

Offline Russoguru

« Reply #514 on: October 02, 2018, 03:49:25 PM »
If he comes to Albuquerque this time, then I'll definitely go. Oh, also I was just listening to "I think I'm a clone now" the other day and I suddenly realized how brilliant that song is. I know it's a parody and all, but it's one of Weird Al's best parody songs. I swear, it's right up there with "The Brady Bunch", "Beverly Hillbillies", "Spam", "Isle Thing", " "Another one rides the bus", and "Amish paradise".

Offline stansimpson

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 238
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #515 on: October 03, 2018, 06:58:10 AM »
"I Think I'm A Clone Now" is my (2nd) favorite song on Even Worse (after "Fat"). I've listened to "Fat" so much though that ITIACN is my most listened to song on that album on my ipod.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #516 on: October 03, 2018, 11:37:28 AM »
It's a subtle gag, but I love how Al singing his own backup vocals works with the theme of the song.