Author Topic: "Weird Al" fans  (Read 72879 times)

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3952
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
Re: "Weird Al" fans
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2007, 11:07:04 PM »
He was awesome on Robot Chicken. He's also done a voice for The Brak Show. :^)

Incidentally, it's only been confirmed that he's playing a robot that transforms in to a dump truck. A lot of people have jumped to the conclusion that it'll be Wreck-Gar, but the name of the character hasn't been announced yet.

As Wreck-Gar was one of my favorite TFs and hasn't had an incarnation since the original, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. :^)

Offline FordPrefect

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2007, 01:19:05 AM »
My daughter saw Weird Al live at the Ohio State Fair last August.  I don't know why I couldn't come.  So Jealous!   :'(

I guess SOME 17 year olds don't like their moms tagging along on their dates.  Some kids are funny like that!!!!!!!   :grr: 

;)  :D

Another person who comes to this board is related to someone who went to the same concert I did? Hey, small world.  ;D

Al never did a music video for "The Night Santa Went Crazy", but he did perform it live as part of the "Weird Al Yankovic Live" DVD that came out several years ago. That performance included special lyrics he wrote for the "extra gory version" which was released as a bonus on the "Amish Paradise" single.

I just think it's funny he'll be doing the voice of a dump truck robot on Transformers since "Dare to be Stupid" was used in the animated movie on the junk planet.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 01:26:53 AM by FordPrefect »

Doctor Who?

« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2007, 06:31:13 AM »
Now I have to watch the Transformers movie and The brak show.

UHF should be coming in from netflix on saturday,I cann't wait to see it.

Offline Insert Coin(s) to Continue

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 2
    • Insert Coin(s) to Continue
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2007, 11:42:11 PM »
That performance included special lyrics he wrote for the "extra gory version" which was released as a bonus on the "Amish Paradise" single.
<nerd> Actually, the version he sang on the LIVE! DVD featured the Extra Gorey Version's verse, but the normal version's post-verse bridge. It's known among Al-oholics as the Sorta Gorey Version. </nerd>

Offline Zandrax

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
  • Hey hey mama said the way you move
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2007, 10:17:57 AM »
Sweet.  Though what's keeping it from DVD?

It's weird. His old label owns the video itself (for the uninitiated, The Compleat Al forgoes the typical video compilation format and presents a faked-up biopic of Al, with videos interspersed), while Al got back the rights to all his music and music videos, so the only way it could be released would be without any of Weird Al's music on it. I'm betting CBS Video isn't exactly chomping at the bit to go forward with that one.

p.s. The Compleat Al also features the funniest fake FBI anti-copying warning ever.
This is the one that has him asking for Michael Jackson's permission, and all you see is the white gloved hand giving a slow thumbs up right?

I haven't seen that in over 15 years, but I remember that scene.

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 357
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2007, 10:41:37 AM »
Yes, that's the one.

Offline mlcorcoran

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 0
  • role reversal
« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2008, 08:23:56 PM »
I heard somewhere that he may be voicing a character on the newest Transformers cartoon. Any truth to this?

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3952
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2008, 12:14:07 AM »
Yup. He's doing the voice of an un-named Dump Truck transformer slated to appear as a one-shot character in episode 2 or 3, I think. We talked about it a couple pages back. I intend to try to watch this show, so I'll let everyone know when it happens. :^)

Offline mlcorcoran

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • role reversal
« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2008, 08:05:17 AM »
I think his character might be named "Wreck-Gar" which was the name of Eric Idle's Junkion character in the 1986 movie, which Weird Al contributed a song to ("Dare to be Stupid") on the movie's soundtrack.

I saw an episode of the new cartoon the other day. I don't like the animation at all. The only good thing about it is they brought back the old school transforming sound effect.

Offline Insert Coin(s) to Continue

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 2
    • Insert Coin(s) to Continue
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2008, 11:58:42 AM »
So...kind of uneventful right now...it's a shame Al isn't doing anything big right now for us to talk about ... so ... um ... have any of you ever tried a Twinkie Weiner Sandwich?

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2008, 12:10:16 PM »
Funny. I'm all a-flutter with anticipation for this RiffTrax.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline Fortis

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 7
  • I'd just as soon kiss a wookie!
    • My author website
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2008, 12:30:37 PM »
I posted this on the what are you listening to thread, but as this is a weird al thread I will post this video here too.

[yt=425,350]QlGCTWL6djo[/yt]

Apparently Weird Al and Ben Folds are pals, Ben Folds has played some parts in some Weird Al songs, and this music video was directed by Weird Al. IT is Rockin the Suburbs by Ben Folds.

I did see on one of the late shows when Ben Folds played as the musical guest Weird Al playing the Tambourine in the background. He was waving his head back and forth and gettting way into it, it was awesome.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2008, 12:31:16 PM »
I can't wait for this rifftrax.

Jurassic Park may be the most riffible good movie ever made,and WEIRD AL is the icing on the cake.

Here's hoping it comes out some time in the next week or I may not make it.

Offline Brak

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • The Master Would Not Approve!
    • Horrid Coloring Books
« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2008, 01:03:54 PM »
Its coming on the 5th of Feburary

Doctor Who?

« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2008, 01:18:29 PM »
I can't Wait!!!!!