Author Topic: What did we learn?  (Read 8802 times)

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
  • Liked: 3
    • GoodTimers Hockey
What did we learn?
« on: October 31, 2006, 12:15:34 PM »
Mutants live amungst us. But deep down they just want to hang out at a private academy for mutants that is run by Jean-Luc Picard in a wheel chair.

Offline Justin

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
  • Did you know...?
Re: What did we learn?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 01:00:40 PM »
Your Mutant Name: Say what you do, then add "o".
Snowhead the Blue Reindeer gave me all the presents in the world.

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 0
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 01:02:33 PM »
Real Wolverines have metal claws that punch through their skin and can cut through shotguns and can drive a stick shift.

Offline Ivan Druzhkov

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 02:07:58 PM »
Mutants live amungst us. But deep down they just want to hang out at a private academy for mutants that is run by Jean-Luc Picard in a wheel chair.
Well, that or hang out in Richard III's rock grotto and torment congressmen.

Offline Rufus T

• Big Montana
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2006, 10:27:09 PM »
I learned that Wolverine doesn't like Rogue's new hairstyle. And I learned that Sabertooth's first name is Ron and that he is a good guy.
Aaahh! This movie just throws you violently into the next scene!

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 604
  • In a not too distant future far, far away. . . .
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2006, 09:24:26 PM »
It's always best to open your comic book movie with a scene from Schindler's List.

Offline Winterkid

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2006, 10:02:47 PM »
I plan to open my comic book movie with the beheadings of the french revolutions, in fact.

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 604
  • In a not too distant future far, far away. . . .
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2006, 08:04:18 PM »
Professor X taps into people's memories so he can walk.

Offline Bus Taker

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 110
  • "We're a danger to ourselves and others"
    • Music site
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2007, 11:29:26 PM »
That Halle Berry should say "no" more often - like to that patently stupid joke about lightning on toads or... Catwoman.  Say, there's riffin' potiential there!
"I can't complain but sometimes I still do, life's been good to me so far." - Joe Walsh

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • May the Porkins be with you.
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2007, 12:33:12 AM »
That Halle Berry should say "no" more often - like to that patently stupid joke about lightning on toads or... Catwoman.  Say, there's riffin' potiential there!

Nuh-uh. If they Riff Catwoman, I won't be able to continue pretending it never happened. La-la-la, I can't hear you, Halle.

Offline Bus Taker

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 110
  • "We're a danger to ourselves and others"
    • Music site
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2007, 11:46:42 AM »
Nuh-uh. If they Riff Catwoman, I won't be able to continue pretending it never happened. La-la-la, I can't hear you, Halle.

That deserves a hearty Krankor laugh! HAR! HAR! HAR! HAR! HAR! HAR! HAR!
"I can't complain but sometimes I still do, life's been good to me so far." - Joe Walsh

Offline Ranika

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2007, 01:37:43 AM »
I learned that you can arbitrarily call yourself a type of animal if a mutant, if you don't want to go the something-o (that'd be a fun cereal, incidentally) route. It doesn't actually matter how similar you are to the animal; you may have one or two similar traits, or not really have anything especially related to that animal.

...I really wish they'd had a cereal promotion, like C3P0's back in the olden times. Imagine waking up, climbing out of bed/rolling off the couch/rising from the floor, and pouring yourself a big cheery bowl of Magnet-Os! Sure, they taste exactly like some other cheaper cereal and is probably with marshmallows so stale the staleness collapses in on itself they become fresh, but, damn it, it's a movie tie-in!
"If two friends ask you to judge a dispute, don't accept, because you will lose one friend; on the other hand, if two strangers come with the same request, accept because you will gain one friend." - St. Augustine

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • May the Porkins be with you.
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2007, 06:12:33 AM »
...I really wish they'd had a cereal promotion, like C3P0's back in the olden times. Imagine waking up, climbing out of bed/rolling off the couch/rising from the floor, and pouring yourself a big cheery bowl of Magnet-Os! Sure, they taste exactly like some other cheaper cereal and is probably with marshmallows so stale the staleness collapses in on itself they become fresh, but, damn it, it's a movie tie-in!

I would be unable to resist buying a box of Magnet-Os. They would taste like Frankenberry and be shaped like Ms.

Offline Ranika

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2007, 08:39:00 PM »
Could they have really stale marshmallows shaped like Magneto's helmet? That'd be cool. Or that shiny spinny...thing. You know, the thing that made the light-blob. Of course, the marshmallows shouldn't really look remotely close to the object in question.
"If two friends ask you to judge a dispute, don't accept, because you will lose one friend; on the other hand, if two strangers come with the same request, accept because you will gain one friend." - St. Augustine

Offline Beanscape Utopia

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • As in dreams happen within a...
    • Demolition Man
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2007, 12:22:45 PM »
Tardy to the party but nevertheless..
What did I learn?  Well, I learned that "Brains-a-poppin" is a viable sequence of words! 
Not only viable but useful, that is if you want to reduce my friends and I to a pile of bubbling laugh tears!

This riff seems to be underrated.
Dreams happen within a Beanscape Utopia today!