Author Topic: Come Bathe in My Publishing Glory...oh for god's sake just read on...  (Read 3173 times)

Offline ebeth

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
  • Why 9 Gars?
    • Anti-Affirmations
Re: Come Bathe in My Publishing Glory...oh for god's sake just read on...
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2008, 06:40:06 AM »
Wait how did you get into writng erotica?

A friend of mine, ahem, is actually quite good at that.

I got into by chance.  A friend of mine was doing a poetry chapbook of erotic poetry and wanted to include an essay of the appeal of filth and immediately thought of me.  I wrote it using as many horribly descriptive words as I could and the essay was a hit.  It was at that moment that I knew I would spend the rest of my life utilizing the phrase, "engorged meat pole".

there is also a good website that lists job opportunities as well as educational essays on erotica.  It's called Erotic Readers and Writers Association and you can find them at www.erotica-readers.com  I've found a lot of work through them.
I am not above projectile vomiting to get my way

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2008, 06:42:45 AM »
Wait how did you get into writng erotica?

A friend of mine, ahem, is actually quite good at that.

I got into by chance.  A friend of mine was doing a poetry chapbook of erotic poetry and wanted to include an essay of the appeal of filth and immediately thought of me.  I wrote it using as many horribly descriptive words as I could and the essay was a hit.  It was at that moment that I knew I would spend the rest of my life utilizing the phrase, "engorged meat pole".

there is also a good website that lists job opportunities as well as educational essays on erotica.  It's called Erotic Readers and Writers Association and you can find them at www.erotica-readers.com  I've found a lot of work through them.

Cool my friend will book mark that from home  :)

Offline Sheik Yerbouti

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2008, 11:10:16 PM »
It was at that moment that I knew I would spend the rest of my life utilizing the phrase, "engorged meat pole".
Don't mock the power of the engorged meat pole.  Another young lady wrote a loveable, quirky screenplay filled with phrases like that and now she has her very own Oscar.  And that young lady's name... was Diablo Cody.  I'm Paul Harvey.  Good Day.
(admittedly, it helps if you're an ex-stripper too)

Offline ebeth

• Big Montana
  • Why 9 Gars?
    • Anti-Affirmations
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2008, 11:12:51 AM »
Only when Jaggermeister is involved

Offline Scrivener

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 7
  • P.S. Productions: Getting the last word in.
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2008, 05:37:31 PM »
Is this your first sale, ebeth?  If so, welcome to the wonderful world of professional writing. (And yeah, it may not get much better than fifty bucks, but that's the chance you take.)

Too bad I won't be buying a copy, 'cause I'm such a confirmed prude.  :o
Buy P.S.Productions' iRiffs.  NOW AVAILABLE:

Offline ebeth

• Big Montana
  • Why 9 Gars?
    • Anti-Affirmations
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2008, 07:39:19 AM »
Is this your first sale, ebeth?  If so, welcome to the wonderful world of professional writing. (And yeah, it may not get much better than fifty bucks, but that's the chance you take.)

Too bad I won't be buying a copy, 'cause I'm such a confirmed prude.  :o

No, I've been published before in magazines...I was an editor and staff writer covering art, films, and books...this is my first inclusion in an anthology.