Author Topic: Are you Afraid of the Dark  (Read 714 times)

Offline pstokely

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 16
Are you Afraid of the Dark
« on: June 18, 2008, 04:15:28 AM »
The Nickelodeon show. All seasons are on DVD

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
Re: Are you Afraid of the Dark
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 05:40:45 AM »
This made it to DVD?  Holy crap, I remember that show.  This could be a great opportunity to sit at home and stare at my tv in shock saying "I used to like this show?"

Any idea if Roundhouse is on dvd or is close to a release?
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 06:07:08 AM »
Goosebumps would be just as good.. Really bad acting and stories in that one. Cartoon Network was showing reruns a bit ago (might still be) and I watched some. Dear god is it cheesy. One I kinda liked was as follows:

Young teen boy sees the doctor and is given shots. He starts to get a lot of hair. He is turning into a dog! He and his friends think the doctor is doing something to the kids. They try to fight it. Soon the friends disappear and no one remembers them. In the end the kid turns into a dog. Turns out he wasn't a boy turning into a dog. The town was fake and all the kids were really dogs that were turned into humans. In the end we see the boy playing as a dog happy as could be.

EDIT: I guess I was wrong. He finds a weird bottle of tanning lotion or something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWuAU8q1zM4

« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 02:15:28 PM by Rattrap007 »

Offline Toby Danger

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 01:10:04 PM »
I would love a Rifftrax of this show, just to hear Mike, Bill or Kevin scream "AHHHHH!!! MY LEGS! MY LEGS ARE BURNING AHHHHH!" when the kids throw their magic dust on the fire.

There's tons of episodes up on Youtube if you want to remember what this show was like. It hasn't quite aged well...
Here's links to a few which I liked. (To laugh at mercilessly.)

Tale of the Renegade Virus
A kid is trapped in a virtual reality game, and must prevent a virus from posessing his body. This would be scary, except the virus is a silver painted midget in a bad suit.

Tale of the Dream Machine
A kid finds a magic typewriter which makes his self-insert fanfiction become true. Ends up trapping his friend inside a crappy zombie story.

Tale of the Final Wish
A young girl finds something horrible lurking under her bed... Bobcat Goldthwait!!

Offline pstokely

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 16
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 08:51:29 PM »
I would love a Rifftrax of this show, just to hear Mike, Bill or Kevin scream "AHHHHH!!! MY LEGS! MY LEGS ARE BURNING AHHHHH!" when the kids throw their magic dust on the fire.

There's tons of episodes up on Youtube if you want to remember what this show was like. It hasn't quite aged well...
Here's links to a few which I liked. (To laugh at mercilessly.)

Do any non-animated kid shows age well or did we just get old? probably both. People out there actually want Nick to air these old shows again even though they have outgrown Nick. This show didn't really have a high budget to begin with. I don't think kid shows are really intended to age well. This show didn't even scare me when I was in its target audience

Is there any other Nick stuff past or present that's might be riffable? Secret World of Alex Mack might be possible.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 09:07:10 PM by pstokely »