login

Author Topic: Ask Joel on Slashdot  (Read 1910 times)

Offline AmandaGal

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 14
  • Every new beginning starts with an end
    • Little Rock Information
Ask Joel on Slashdot
« on: November 21, 2007, 05:06:12 PM »
This has probably been posted but I didn't see it:
http://ask.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/11/21/2013229
"As turkey day approaches, we have the chance to ask Joel Hodgson whatever you can think of. If you've lived without electricity since the 80s, you might not be aware that he was the creator and original host of what may be the funniest show in history - Mystery Science Theater 3000, as well as the upcoming Cinematic Titanic. I've still got my fan club membership card even after nearly 2 decades. Standard Slashdot interview rules apply: ask your questions here, and we'll pass a bunch of the highest scoring ones for Joel to answer."
�mike5150� how tall are you?.....in gallons?

Offline Jinto

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
Re: Ask Joel on Slashdot
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 05:49:49 PM »
Heh, I saw that too and was going to post it myself, but got distracted. Now you've beaten me to it.  :P

Anyway, which Rifftraxian ( slashdot user: eldavojohn ) managed to get 5 questions near the top of the comment thread, including the very first post?:

"What do you think about the other efforts led by Mike Nelson like Rifftrax [slashdot.org] & The Film Crew [slashdot.org]? Is there a reason that you, Pearl, TV's Frank & Dr. Forester have split from Mike, Brain Guy & Tom Servo? I'm overjoyed that there are multiple efforts but why?"

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 10:31:43 PM »
Cool! I missed this.

Offline scottrkrv

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2007, 12:31:13 AM »
God, I hate the format on that site. It is almost impossible to read it.

editted --- because my original post was impossible to read as well.

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2007, 06:20:33 AM »
Hmm... this is a good opportunity to hear an answer from "the other camp." Everyone here with a Slashdot account should head over there and rank those questions to help make sure they make it onto the list.
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2611
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2007, 08:18:17 PM »
So did these ever get answered?
FINE

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2007, 06:48:38 AM »
They can often take a while, they wait a little select a few from the ones voted +5 and then send them off, and wait........

Though I imagine returning the answers around the time of the first CT release would be a sensible move.

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2007, 07:37:49 AM »
As a benchmark, they just posted the answers from some tech guy, and the submission deadline for his questions was 2 weeks prior to Joel's. It could still be posted sooner than that (depending on how long the admins took to compile the questions, and how long Joel took to answer), but I wouldn't expect it for at least another week, maybe two.
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton