login

Author Topic: Maybe this is more of a MST3K question...  (Read 16381 times)

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
Re: Maybe this is more of a MST3K question...
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2008, 10:43:18 AM »
I still can hear that stupid music!    Too bad iTunes does not carry it.

Offline chriscrawford100

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2008, 11:10:48 PM »
And Re: Plan 9, was I the only one a bit uncomfortable after the 6th or 7th Lugosi-heroine joke?

No it's not just you. Somehow I couldn't bring myself to laugh at the genuine suffering of a miserable old man. I'm a big Rifftrax fan, but that was disappointing.

Offline Sheik Yerbouti

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2008, 04:32:40 AM »
And Re: Plan 9, was I the only one a bit uncomfortable after the 6th or 7th Lugosi-heroine joke?

No it's not just you. Somehow I couldn't bring myself to laugh at the genuine suffering of a miserable old man. I'm a big Rifftrax fan, but that was disappointing.

I like the three riffer Plan 9 track quite a bit but I agree they overdid those jokes.  Not to mention the fact that they got the drug wrong.  Lugosi was addicted to morphine.  I guess heroin is funnier?

I don't know if this was mentioned but there was a great biography written on Ed Wood called Nightmare Of Ecstasy.  It came out in the late 1980's or early 90's and most of the events described were used as the basis for Burton's 'Ed Wood' movie.  Great book if you can find it, consists almost completely of interviews with people that knew Ed Wood personally