Author Topic: If the RiffTrax DVD Player doesn't work for you... read this.  (Read 46283 times)

Offline Jillers

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked:
Re: If the RiffTrax DVD Player doesn't work for you... read this.
« Reply #75 on: August 04, 2009, 12:02:38 PM »
Hello, I seem to be having the same problem Nio had (or still has?).
I keep on getting the:
"A connection with the server could not be established." message.

But I keep clicking ok, and see if the riff will still load (Twilight), and it won't, so I exit the file, and get:
"Invalid floating point operation."

So I exit the program entirely, and I get:
"Connected to 209.234.190.27 port 25
220 RIFFTRAX.COM Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service, Version: 6.0.3790.3959 ready at  Tue, 4 Aug 2009 12:00:43 -0700 "

But I don't get that message every time.

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked:
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #76 on: August 04, 2009, 01:09:59 PM »
Hmm. That's really strange, we're looking into it now.

Offline xrampage16

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
  • I AM the Burger King!
« Reply #77 on: August 04, 2009, 03:55:15 PM »
The server is full of problems, and I'm assuming the server was resetting during the moment when the error displayed.

If it only happens every once in a while, I'm guessing that was the issue.

Please let me know if this is only everyone once in a while.

Offline doc.jazz

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: August 21, 2009, 12:17:58 PM »
every time i try to load the rifftrax i get an error message: "an exception was raised on the server: access violation at address 004048b6 in module 'comx.exe'. read of address 000fafe9." then the movie plays, but not with the rifftrax audio.

what's going on?

never mind. i'll just use the mp3 and sync them up myself.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 02:26:56 PM by doc.jazz »

Offline sallybanner

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: August 22, 2009, 10:01:45 PM »
Just downloaded the player and harry potter/azkaban.  every time I try to load the riff track, the player locks up and I have to use the task manager to close it.  Tried it on two different computers, one running vista, the other running xp. 

Offline lorddragonbait

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: September 16, 2009, 06:09:03 PM »
I am currently experiencing the issue of "cannot communicate with server".  Is there a fix for this yet or am I just SOL?

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked:
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #81 on: September 16, 2009, 07:11:57 PM »
Does the error message prevent you from using the player at all? Usually you can just cancel it, but I'd like to know if this is a showstopper. if so we can probably get another solution worked on, but keep in mind this player is, for all intents and purposes, dead.

Offline lorddragonbait

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: September 16, 2009, 08:35:15 PM »
If I hit cancel it does not continue to load the rifftrax.  It just keeps popping up "Cannot connect with server".  I hope this can be fixed because I would hate to loose my rifftrax, I love them and for me at least it's to hard to try and make sure everything syncs up when watching the movie physically.

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked:
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #83 on: September 16, 2009, 08:42:56 PM »
Bizarre. It used to be that you could continue to load it.

Keep trying to hit Cancel on that error message. I remember someone mentioning a while back that they could eventually start watching it but it took a few clicks of the Cancel button to get to it.

Lame, I know, and I'm sorry. We're working on a new player that should fix all these issues but we don't have a timeframe yet.

Offline lorddragonbait

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: September 17, 2009, 07:30:04 AM »
Yeah, I just can't get it to work at all.  I will look forward to the new player once it becomes available.  I will keep checking the site to see when it comes.

Offline sendtoscott

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: September 19, 2009, 02:18:39 PM »
I got through all 10 or so error messages and the riff file loaded and the DVD started.  I still get periodically interrupted w/ the "can't establish connection" error. 

Offline Hak-Ki

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: October 19, 2009, 01:25:59 AM »
My problem with the Rifftrax Player is that I'm having the same problem doc.jazz had. Every time I try to load in a Rifftrax, I get a box saying, "An exception was raised on the server: Access violation at address 004048B6 in module 'ComX.exe'. Read of address 000FAFE9." I'm not entirely sure on what to do since I'm not that computer technology savvy, and I would like to know if there's a way to fix whatever is in Module 'ComX.exe'. Can someone help, please?

Offline Thenightgaunt

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: October 24, 2009, 10:55:50 PM »
I am having a problem that I noted was mentioned here. In the past the player has worked fine, though I haven't used it in a few months. Recently it began experiencing errors. I uninstalled the program, DL'd the newest version, and reinstalled. Still errors. Repeat the process, still errors. At the moment I am unable to get it to work at all.
So I thought I'd go through the errors step by step to aid in better diagnosis:

Upon starting up the program an error window appears after the "Rifftrax" logo vanishes

"Unsupported string encoding."

If I hit "Ok" the program loads (though it appears as "Not responding" in Task Manager), but rather slowly. Then another error message pops up.
"Access violation at address 007FC0BB in module 'RiffTrax.exe'. Read of address 00000000."

If I hit "Ok" again the player appears to open normally.

When I choose a RiffTrack to load another message pops up.
"Access violation at address 00BDE733 in module 'RiffTrax.exe'. Read of address 0000026C."

The program then slows down (window is solid white),and appears to be "not responding" in the task manager. Though under the "applications" tab there appear to be 2 rifftrax programs running. Under the processes tab there's only 1, "Rifftrax.exe"

If it does load, an error pops up saying
"The connection with the server was reset." and gives me the option to terminate the program. After "ok"ing the message it appears again and after "ok"ing that the "loading Rifftrax" screen appears and fills to 100%.

Then the error message
"Access violation at address 00BDE7DE in module 'RiffTrax.exe'. Read of address 00000284." and another offer to terminate the program.

If i hit "ok" again, the main window appears normal. The options on the Rifftrax Bar are colored/greyed out as though the rifftrax file were loaded. And the program no longer appears to be "not responding" in the task manager, instead it's "running". However, none of the buttons or menus in the window are functional or respond. Its as though it were only an image of the window.

If I hit the X in the top right corner to close the application this error pops up.
"Access violation at address 00BDD8EB in module 'RiffTrax.exe'. Read of address 000002E8."
Hit "ok", then it locks up again for a bit and finally gives me the message
"Access violation at address 00BE14C3 in module 'RiffTrax.exe'. Read of address 00000284."
Hit "ok" at which point the application closes, and a few seconds later gives the error.
"Cannot resolve the "rifftrax.com" MX record."

Now I load the program again and get these error messages popping up.
On program start up  "Missing element name."
And when loading a rifftrax file An exception was raised on the server: Access violation at address 004048B6 in module 'ComX.exe'. Read of address 000FAFE9.
and a minute after the program is closed Connection error: "A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond"

I'm running Windows XP home edition. Fully up to date with Service Pack 3. With a 3ghz duo core processor, 2 gigs of ram and an NVIDIA Geforce 8800GTS card. I have the K-lite codec pack installed. I'm having no other problems with my system. These errors pop up dispite the .riff file I try to load or if I have a DVD in the drive or not. I've tried on old files that I know work and no good.
The only changes that have occured to my system since I last used the program were a nasty virus infestation that I cleared out (no problems everything in the green as it were) and I uninstalled McAfee and installed ESET in its place.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 10:58:55 PM by Thenightgaunt »

Offline Negative_One

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: November 20, 2009, 04:03:38 AM »
I have been having these issues for 2 months, no help or solutions. So what app can I use to play the mp3s along the media player that wont fight for the audio?

Offline PoetSK

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: December 21, 2009, 10:54:00 PM »
sorry I didnt take the time to look through all the posts to see if someone already said this.

I get an error message that says "TSFSHugeFile.Read-Stream read error"
I'm sorry but I have no idea what that means. I sure hope some can help me and soon!