Author Topic: The deals thread  (Read 95695 times)

Offline George-2.0

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 209
Re: The deals thread
« Reply #660 on: October 16, 2018, 07:23:23 PM »
The 24 hour Criterion Flash Sale is down to 13 hours! Get in quick for 50% off.... https://www.criterion.com/

I just ordered BDs for Tarkovsky's Andrei Rublev, Fassbinder's Eight Hours Don't Make a Day and Ray's The Music Room and The Big City

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 239
« Reply #661 on: November 23, 2018, 11:35:24 AM »
Being Black Friday I guess there are all sorts of deals as there always are. Not looking to spend much money, but picked up a Roku Ultra from Amazon today. $49.99...usually $99.99.
I've had Roku devices for years and the old Roku 2 in the bedroom is starting to get awfully slow when accessing certain channels with some channels even throwing up a "this channel would work better with a newer Roku" message.
Plan to hook the Ultra up to the living room big screen and move the old Roku 3 from the living room to the bedroom to replace the old Roku 2.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 393
  • "He's never fought me twice!"
« Reply #662 on: November 23, 2018, 06:19:34 PM »
I went to my local store today and found Ash Vs the Evil Dead for ten bucks. Pretty good deal considering the regular price is thirty bucks.

Offline Charles Castle

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 508
  • I crap bigger than this movie.
« Reply #663 on: November 26, 2018, 09:11:14 PM »
Hulu is offering their "limited commercial" package for just 99 cents per month for twelve months for the next three hours. It is normally $7.99, so this is a pretty good deal. The deal is only available to new subscribers, but my wife and I already had it so we just cancelled our membership and opened a new one with a different email address and it worked fine.

It feels like I got one over on the man. I highly suggest giving that a shot if you are so inclined.
You know, if the space man puma thing turns out to be the correct religion, I for one will be very surprised.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #664 on: November 26, 2018, 09:23:40 PM »
Great deal. I personally rarely watch anything via Hulu, but when I canceled it about a year ago I found out my wife used Hulu a lot. Found out we get free Hulu (limited commercial version) due to having Sprint as our cell phone provider. Had to jump through a few hoops- had to re-sub using phone with wifi turned off- but we now get Hulu (with limited commercials) for free (well, free except for our cell phone bill).

Offline Charles Castle

• Big Montana
« Reply #665 on: November 26, 2018, 09:41:06 PM »
Hulu is a pretty decent source of anime and Adventure Time, so there's no way I can extract myself any time soon. My captors would never allow it.
You know, if the space man puma thing turns out to be the correct religion, I for one will be very surprised.

Offline Charles Castle

• Big Montana
« Reply #666 on: December 02, 2018, 05:24:31 PM »
Target gift cards are available for 10% off for the rest of today. The per person limit is $300. I go there regularly, so it seemed a logical decision to max myself out.

Online CJones

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 625
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #667 on: December 02, 2018, 06:03:28 PM »
Hulu is offering their "limited commercial" package for just 99 cents per month for twelve months for the next three hours. It is normally $7.99, so this is a pretty good deal. The deal is only available to new subscribers, but my wife and I already had it so we just cancelled our membership and opened a new one with a different email address and it worked fine.

It feels like I got one over on the man. I highly suggest giving that a shot if you are so inclined.

I wish I had heard about this earlier.

Offline Charles Castle

• Big Montana
« Reply #668 on: December 02, 2018, 06:30:38 PM »
Yeah, the man is definitely laughing at you. Sorry.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #669 on: December 14, 2018, 09:50:17 PM »
WeTek Hub currently selling for under $50 on Amazon. Great media player if you're willing to overwrite the crappy Android TV OS that it comes with with LibreELEC. Not top of the line specs for a media player, but LbreELEC doesn't need a lot of resources and the WeTek Hub has better specs than the Rasberry Pi that a lot of people use for LibreElec. Biggest downside is only 1 USB port, but that can be fixed with a USB hub.