Author Topic: The deals thread  (Read 104869 times)

Offline George-2.0

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 248
Re: The deals thread
« Reply #660 on: October 16, 2018, 07:23:23 PM »
The 24 hour Criterion Flash Sale is down to 13 hours! Get in quick for 50% off.... https://www.criterion.com/

I just ordered BDs for Tarkovsky's Andrei Rublev, Fassbinder's Eight Hours Don't Make a Day and Ray's The Music Room and The Big City

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 263
« Reply #661 on: November 23, 2018, 11:35:24 AM »
Being Black Friday I guess there are all sorts of deals as there always are. Not looking to spend much money, but picked up a Roku Ultra from Amazon today. $49.99...usually $99.99.
I've had Roku devices for years and the old Roku 2 in the bedroom is starting to get awfully slow when accessing certain channels with some channels even throwing up a "this channel would work better with a newer Roku" message.
Plan to hook the Ultra up to the living room big screen and move the old Roku 3 from the living room to the bedroom to replace the old Roku 2.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 582
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
« Reply #662 on: November 23, 2018, 06:19:34 PM »
I went to my local store today and found Ash Vs the Evil Dead for ten bucks. Pretty good deal considering the regular price is thirty bucks.

Offline Charles Castle

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 530
  • I crap bigger than this movie.
« Reply #663 on: November 26, 2018, 09:11:14 PM »
Hulu is offering their "limited commercial" package for just 99 cents per month for twelve months for the next three hours. It is normally $7.99, so this is a pretty good deal. The deal is only available to new subscribers, but my wife and I already had it so we just cancelled our membership and opened a new one with a different email address and it worked fine.

It feels like I got one over on the man. I highly suggest giving that a shot if you are so inclined.
You know, if the space man puma thing turns out to be the correct religion, I for one will be very surprised.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #664 on: November 26, 2018, 09:23:40 PM »
Great deal. I personally rarely watch anything via Hulu, but when I canceled it about a year ago I found out my wife used Hulu a lot. Found out we get free Hulu (limited commercial version) due to having Sprint as our cell phone provider. Had to jump through a few hoops- had to re-sub using phone with wifi turned off- but we now get Hulu (with limited commercials) for free (well, free except for our cell phone bill).

Offline Charles Castle

• Big Montana
« Reply #665 on: November 26, 2018, 09:41:06 PM »
Hulu is a pretty decent source of anime and Adventure Time, so there's no way I can extract myself any time soon. My captors would never allow it.
You know, if the space man puma thing turns out to be the correct religion, I for one will be very surprised.

Offline Charles Castle

• Big Montana
« Reply #666 on: December 02, 2018, 05:24:31 PM »
Target gift cards are available for 10% off for the rest of today. The per person limit is $300. I go there regularly, so it seemed a logical decision to max myself out.

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 747
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #667 on: December 02, 2018, 06:03:28 PM »
Hulu is offering their "limited commercial" package for just 99 cents per month for twelve months for the next three hours. It is normally $7.99, so this is a pretty good deal. The deal is only available to new subscribers, but my wife and I already had it so we just cancelled our membership and opened a new one with a different email address and it worked fine.

It feels like I got one over on the man. I highly suggest giving that a shot if you are so inclined.

I wish I had heard about this earlier.

Offline Charles Castle

• Big Montana
« Reply #668 on: December 02, 2018, 06:30:38 PM »
Yeah, the man is definitely laughing at you. Sorry.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #669 on: December 14, 2018, 09:50:17 PM »
WeTek Hub currently selling for under $50 on Amazon. Great media player if you're willing to overwrite the crappy Android TV OS that it comes with with LibreELEC. Not top of the line specs for a media player, but LbreELEC doesn't need a lot of resources and the WeTek Hub has better specs than the Rasberry Pi that a lot of people use for LibreElec. Biggest downside is only 1 USB port, but that can be fixed with a USB hub.

Offline stethacantus

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 95
« Reply #670 on: July 16, 2019, 09:16:20 PM »
I don't really think this counts as a deal, but Barnes and Noble is having a 50% off sale on all Criterion discs. so basically, Barnes and Noble prices their Criterion discs at about $10 more than their actual retail price, or nearly twice as much as on Amazon. I compared sales prices with the current price on Amazon, and at half price the B&N discs save you a total of $2. So why the hell would anyone buy Criterion discs at B&N the rest of the year when there isn't a sale?

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 383
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #671 on: July 18, 2019, 09:44:27 AM »
I don't really think this counts as a deal, but Barnes and Noble is having a 50% off sale on all Criterion discs. so basically, Barnes and Noble prices their Criterion discs at about $10 more than their actual retail price, or nearly twice as much as on Amazon. I compared sales prices with the current price on Amazon, and at half price the B&N discs save you a total of $2. So why the hell would anyone buy Criterion discs at B&N the rest of the year when there isn't a sale?

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4516
« Reply #672 on: October 03, 2019, 05:14:19 PM »
So Wendy's has a free D&D clone available...
https://www.feastoflegends.com/
Yes, you heard that right.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/imlFxSr6oqw" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/imlFxSr6oqw</a>
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 05:17:14 PM by The Lurker »

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3900
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #673 on: October 20, 2019, 07:16:10 AM »

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 582
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
« Reply #674 on: October 20, 2019, 08:24:36 AM »
Tons and TONS of movies at Walmart going for as cheap as $3.74... most of them are not of the best quality though. However, for every copy of Pixels, Paul Blart or Emoji Movie you will find Zombieland, Terminator 2, Airplane! or Get out. For $5.00 you can get some cool blu-rays like Mad Max: Fury Road. I also saw Horrible Bosses 2, but I'd much rather have the first Horrible Bosses movie... you know, for the scene with Jennifer Aniston almost completely nude except for a garterbelt, stockings and a strategically placed labcoat. Speaking of, I need to go back and watch the Unrated version of We're the Millers sometime...