Author Topic: The deals thread  (Read 73639 times)

Offline jewishcarpenter

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked:
  • I grow flowers so pretty they'll make you throw up
The deals thread
« on: November 13, 2007, 07:41:21 AM »
I noticed that every once and awhile there's a thread that someone posts a deal so I figured maybe deals deserve their own thread. I'll post them in here and try and find  an expiration date when possible.

For those that do not have it yet and want their own copy for Rifftrax.
300 (Widescreen Two-Disc Special Edition) $8 + shipping at buy.com. (it's around $9.90 if you pick standard shipping. Limited Time Offer

20% off your order at Deep Discount Use the code SUPERSALE (will only let you use the code once for your account) expires 11/25/07

Microsoft Zune 30GB (brown) for $99.99 with free shipping, will ship around Nov. 19th. Expires: 11/30/2007
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 07:44:12 AM by jewishcarpenter »

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
Re: The deals thread
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 09:42:15 AM »
The local Walmart is selling this package
http://www.amazon.com/Christmas-Television-Favorites-Without-Rudolphs/dp/B000S0PLG0/ref=sr_1_11/102-0742375-4587340?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1194975532&sr=1-11
full of great Christmas specials for $15.

The "and more" includes none other then Nestor, and the Christmas specials on the box all pretty much rock. Makes me wish I didn't already have my copy of Nestor. :^)

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked:
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 09:46:11 AM »
Also, netlfix is selling Hollywood After Dark (the Film Crew version of course) for $5.99

Offline jewishcarpenter

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 11:53:03 AM »
Buy Bioshock (360) $50 and get the Darkness (360) for free. Look for the Best Value button beneath the video.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked:
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2007, 12:55:18 PM »

300 (Widescreen Two-Disc Special Edition) $8 + shipping at buy.com. (it's around $9.90 if you pick standard shipping. Limited Time Offer

I'd hold off on buying that until next Friday. Hint, hint.

Online RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 08:19:01 AM »
Is This kinda like the "Let's Make a Deal!!" game show, but for us 'Riff Fans'?? :P

Offline jewishcarpenter

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2007, 10:10:26 AM »
I just find random deals throughout the day and post them and hope maybe someone finds something they've been looking for at a low price.

Offline SaucyRossy

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2007, 10:35:26 AM »
I just find random deals throughout the day and post them and hope maybe someone finds something they've been looking for at a low price.

That is really cool of you! Thanks!

www.rifftraxfan.com - Check out Gammers RiffTrax Fan page!

Offline SmilinJackRoss

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked:
    • Heated Seats iRiffs
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2007, 02:20:40 PM »
Random deal I found today...$3 off Live Free or Die Hard DVD at Target:

http://www.foxhome.com/target/diehard/

Comes out Tuesday.
Heated Seats iRiffs: Touched by an Angel | Marked for Death | Runaway | Heated Shorts (shorts collection)

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2007, 12:33:22 PM »
Wow. If you're a video gamer and have yet to enter the current generation of consoles, here's your chance.

First a deal for the PS3 at Walmart on Saturday the 24th:
On 11/24 at 8:00am (running through 11:59pm on 11/25), the 80GB PS3 ($499) will come with 10 FREE Blu-ray movies instantly. You choose any 10 BD titles under $30 within the store and they will override the prices to zero. For those stores that carry BD already, additional titles are being sent in for the sale. For those that do not have BD in their store (a small minority) product will be sent to each store specifically for this sale.

Oh, and you still get your 5 FREE movies by mail. (Which take quite a while to ship, BTW.)

And for the Xbox 360:
Original Xbox console users: Buy an Xbox 360. Migrate your paid Xbox LIVE subscription (for the original Xbox console) to Xbox LIVE Gold.
As a current paid Xbox LIVE member using an original Xbox console (not Xbox 360), you're more than ready for Halo 3, and here's a great reason to step up. Buy your Xbox 360 between November 21 and December 21, 2007, move your existing paid Xbox LIVE account to an Xbox LIVE Gold subscription and then register on this site, and we will send you a copy of Halo 3*. Finish the fight in high definition, with new weapons and challenges. Details over here.

To translate: if you have an old Xbox and an old Xbox Live account, and then buy a 360 and upgrade to a XBL Gold account, (and then leap through a hoop or two), Microsoft will send you a copy of Halo 3. Now, I don't think there are many people who this will apply to, but just in case...

Your best case scenario, BTW is this: Buy one of the 360 packs with Marvel Ult Alliance and Forza packed in next Friday, when a certain retail store will be giving away a copy of Guitar Hero II with every 360 purchased and then qualify for the copy of Halo 3.

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked:
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2007, 12:38:19 PM »

Where are you seeing the 2-disc version for less than that? All the Black Friday stuff I've seen seems to only feature the one-disc version.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2007, 01:07:42 PM »

Where are you seeing the 2-disc version for less than that? All the Black Friday stuff I've seen seems to only feature the one-disc version.

The usual suspects seem to all be selling the 2 disc version. BB has it as a door buster. Target shows the 2 disc cover in their ad and CC shows it on what seems to be their wrap around for their main ad. (The two disc has the helmet cover while the one disc has the shirtless Scotsman.)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 01:11:02 PM by Compound »

Offline jewishcarpenter

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2007, 01:23:11 PM »
All the Black Friday ads, knock yourselves out and maybe a couple of other people as well.
http://www.blackfriday.info

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2007, 09:32:31 PM »
And Amazon starts the whole HD-DVD player thing again.

Over here for details.

Buy the Toshiba HD-A3 HD-DVD player for $199 (or the HD-A30 or HD-AD35 for more)  and get *10* free HD-DVDs. You get 5 by mail (eventually), 2 in the box (300 and Bourne Identity- both Rifftraxs) and three more from a list on the page. (23 titles given as an option.) It's a pretty good deal, if you don't mind waiting for the five bonus discs to eventually arrive.

Offline SmilinJackRoss

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked:
    • Heated Seats iRiffs
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2007, 09:23:54 AM »
When I bought my HD-DVD player I got 3 free HD-DVDs, and they took about 3 months to arrive.  Talking with a few other people on a different message board, they had about the same turnaround time.  Just FYI.
Heated Seats iRiffs: Touched by an Angel | Marked for Death | Runaway | Heated Shorts (shorts collection)