Author Topic: Wow, screw this guy.  (Read 5574 times)

Offline FLOCK of RABID SHEEP?!?!

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 1
Re: Wow, screw this guy.
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2008, 07:03:20 PM »
i would say over 75% would be a good sign because many (ahem, like me) are lazy and only complain about something big.

Offline Chaos

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3
  • Danger Zone!
    • The Literal Truth
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2008, 10:31:22 AM »
The reason that you are so often wrong, and so often unaware of it, Isaac, is because you have this crazy, college student mentality that BIG BUSINESS and GOVERNMENT and UNIONS are the problem. Your eyes are, if I may say, open SO wide, that you can't see anything at all. You have, in a sense, over-dilated your MIND.

The fundamental point that you fail to understand is that "the beast" is not a giant, faceless corporation. The beast is you, me, that quiet fat guy who never talks to anyone, and the scary red-headed overly chipper girl from HR. The beast is every single human being on the planet. We ALL have the capacity to do good things, to do bad things, to be greedy and corrupt. In fact, in many small ways, every single one of us is greedy and corrupt, even the best of us, because it is in our instinct to preserve our own life and well-being - at the cost of someone else's, if necessary. We are no different from any other species in terms of our will to survive... the only difference is that our intelligence has evolved enough to be pissed off about it when we see it in others (but conveniently ignore it in ourselves).

Unions are neither good, nor evil. They are a tool. PEOPLE are what makes them (and everything else) fallable and corrupt. A scalpel in the hands of a competent doctor can save a life. In the hands of a psychopath, that same scalpel can bring unimaginable pain and suffering. Do you blame the scalpel, or the man wielding it?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 12:13:38 PM by Chaos »
"First there was Chaos, the vast immeasurable abyss, Outrageous as a sea, dark, wasteful, wild." -Milton

Offline BEERxTaco

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 24
  • Does this bug you? I'm not touching you...
    • BEERx
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2008, 11:05:30 AM »
we definitely need a 5 day waiting period for scalpels  ;)
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son"
-Dean Wormer, Animal House R.I.P.

Offline Hebs

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 54
  • Peachy keen!
    • Say Hello
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2008, 11:22:42 AM »
I think it goes back to the principle that United Artists was founded on - Charlie Chaplin, Mary (oh geez I just forgot her name damnit)

Pickford  ;)

Thank you!  It was bothering me
.... t w i t t e r  //  b l o g  ....

Offline Natureboy

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 0
  • Intelligent, Sensational
    • Easy Talk Cafe
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2008, 12:07:01 PM »
A scalpel in the hands of a competent doctor can save a life. In the hands of a psychopath, that same scalpel can bring unimaginable pain and suffering. Do you blame the scalpel, or the man weilding it?

That was pretty clever, you should write for the NRA, that is the best 2nd Ammendment argument I have read in a while.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2380
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2008, 01:28:36 PM »
A scalpel in the hands of a competent doctor can save a life. In the hands of a psychopath, that same scalpel can bring unimaginable pain and suffering. Do you blame the scalpel, or the man weilding it?

That was pretty clever, you should write for the NRA, that is the best 2nd Ammendment argument I have read in a while.

Or it's an argument that only doctors should carry guns.   ;D

Seriously, it is a good point.  Well put Chaos.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Cibernético II

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
  • Vadinho says: YOU are the Pumaman.
    • My Space
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2008, 10:45:21 PM »
What's the problem? Are scared that I may also contribute to this thread? Does it keep awake at night knowing that I can also hit the reply button and enter text of which will consist of empassioned opinion which I will present as concrete fact? Open you eyes man, I read newsletters! And I have bumper stickers that proudly shout my opinions to the world! The world, I say!
I really do like pie.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2380
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2008, 10:50:56 PM »
Bumper stickers you say?  Well I'm convinced.  Lead on, my friend, your opinions are law as far as I'm concerned.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline FLOCK of RABID SHEEP?!?!

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2008, 09:46:25 PM »
bumper stickers are the word of dog, i mean god.