Author Topic: GoldWave "Voice Over" plug in  (Read 43726 times)

Offline Mr Atoz

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked:
Re: GoldWave "Voice Over" plug in
« Reply #90 on: September 27, 2009, 08:33:54 AM »
Is there an Audacity plugin equivalent (ie a freeware version) to the Goldwave Voiceover? I searched online but didn't find one.

Offline Piobman

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
    • Riff Cover Art
« Reply #91 on: September 27, 2009, 04:40:57 PM »
Is there an Audacity plugin equivalent (ie a freeware version) to the Goldwave Voiceover? I searched online but didn't find one.

Never used audacity, but you can use any number plugins if the audio program supports VST plugins. All you will need is some kind of "sidechain compressor". There are tons of 'em out there that work wonderfully for this sort of thing. I did a quick search on google and came up with this link. It should fit your needs adequately. http://manual.audacityteam.org/index.php?title=Auto_Duck

Offline Mr Atoz

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: September 28, 2009, 04:30:58 PM »
Excellent - thanks!  Looks like it was incorporated in Audacity 1.33 (I'm using an older version).

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked:
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #93 on: December 28, 2009, 06:56:51 PM »
It also bears mentioning that the current version of Goldwave has the "Voice-Over" function built-in.

BTW, how have people done using Goldwave with Windows 7? I haven't reinstalled it since I rebuilt my computer, so I'm keen to know.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline GroovyDave

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked:
  • "Trust me, I work for the Government."
« Reply #94 on: January 23, 2010, 03:24:18 PM »
Another program that lets you do audio ducking is Reaper. It's way more complicated than using a task-oriented plugin like in Goldwave or Audacity but here's a guide I wrote a while back on how to use it. I'm glad to see the thread is still there, I just used it to put together Return of the Jedi.

http://forum.rifftrax.com/index.php/topic,7189.0.html

Offline Crimsus

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: January 28, 2010, 04:17:25 AM »
What happened to the Goldwave guide gammer? I went to the link but it says "page not found"

Offline Tomservov2

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: April 10, 2011, 11:47:03 PM »
I have a saved copy of the original guide, anyone want it?
[

figured out how to turn it to a pdf and here it is

http://www.mediafire.com/?q9z915ecgququjo
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 03:34:35 PM by Tomservov2 »

Offline czerro

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: July 18, 2012, 05:53:17 PM »
I'm curious if you find this works better than Audacity's auto-duck feature.  If I understand correctly the Goldwave 'voice-over' ducking is somewhat dynamic and adjusts itself according to the levels of the audio files at any given point in the wave-forms?  Or is it essentially the same as auto-duck?

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #98 on: July 18, 2012, 07:15:40 PM »
I'm curious if you find this works better than Audacity's auto-duck feature.  If I understand correctly the Goldwave 'voice-over' ducking is somewhat dynamic and adjusts itself according to the levels of the audio files at any given point in the wave-forms?  Or is it essentially the same as auto-duck?

If you are looking at this page it is a little misleading:

http://goldwave.com/plugins.php

The plugin its self was called GoldWave Voice and it added the features AUTO GAIN, AUTO OFFSET REMOVAL, CENSOR & finally VOICE OVER (auto-duck) to the main program. They are all separate features which are now standard in the latest versions of Goldwave.   So no, it isn't dynamic.  I have been using it since it came out and I manually level each track first, then use the Voice over for my final mix.

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com