login

Author Topic: GoldWave "Voice Over" plug in  (Read 59151 times)

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 768
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
Re: New GoldWave "Voice Over" plug in
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2007, 09:41:04 AM »
The response I got on the Goldwave forum was that 5.1 support might be in version 6.0 but there was no real time frame for getting to 6.0.

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2007, 11:49:03 AM »
BTW, I remastered the audio for The Matrix using the Voice Over plug-in last night. Sometime this evening I'll give the test DVD-RW I made a partial test listen.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline BEERxTaco

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 25
  • Does this bug you? I'm not touching you...
    • BEERx
Re: GoldWave not exactly "working" for me
« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2007, 07:00:23 AM »
GoldWave pretends to open the file
Am I the only one who found it funny that Goldwave is clever enough to pretend to do something? lol...  The wording of that just made me chuckle... clever Goldwave!
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son"
-Dean Wormer, Animal House R.I.P.

Offline Blueguy

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2007, 02:32:07 PM »
I've actually had that happen with a file.  I don't remember which one, but every time I tried to open the AC3, it showed it was trying to unencode it or whatever it does when you open an AC3 or MP3, but when it gone done, there was nothing there.

Offline SharpMonkey

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • (see: pointed simian)
« Reply #64 on: July 04, 2007, 01:34:16 PM »
Here is my official guide for mixing rifftrax audio with GoldWave:
http://www3.sympatico.ca/inch77/guide.htm

THANKS!  This guide is wonderful and told me everything I needed to know.  The automation of the GWvoice plugin is so fantastically wonderful that I may actually cough up some dough when my demo runs out.   :o

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: July 05, 2007, 02:36:19 AM »
You can get quite a few mixes done with the demo and it is really worth the $$$ for it.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
  • Liked: 3
    • GoodTimers Hockey
« Reply #66 on: July 05, 2007, 07:30:22 PM »
Here is my official guide for mixing rifftrax audio with GoldWave:
http://www3.sympatico.ca/inch77/guide.htm

THANKS!  This guide is wonderful and told me everything I needed to know.  The automation of the GWvoice plugin is so fantastically wonderful that I may actually cough up some dough when my demo runs out.   :o

I'm glad you were able to follow it.
I just re-read the guide I made there, and I can't believe how complicated it makes the process seem. Also, I wrote that when I first started using the voice over plug-in. I've tweaked some of those settings now...but the guide is a good starting point.

Offline Bairman

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #67 on: September 01, 2007, 08:10:19 AM »
5.1 mixes with Goldwave and the voice-over plug-in are possible... but it takes a little extra effort.  In short, here's how I've been doing it:

1)  Use BeSweet to convert the demuxed AC3 file to six mono WAV files... one for each channel (FL, C, FR, SL, SR, LFE).
2)  Using Goldwave, match the volume of the RiffTrax WAV to the center channel mono WAV to normalize the riffs and the movie dialogue.
3)  Use the GW voice-over plug-in to mix the new RiffTrax WAV into all six mono WAVs.
4)  Use BeSweet to recombine the six mono WAV files into a new AC3 file.

All six mono WAVs will need to have the voice over plug-in run on them.  For the channels you want the RiffTrax to play through, mix as usual.  For the channels you don't want the RiffTrax to play through, turn the voice volume control of the plug-in to the off position.  This will cause the movie audio to still lower during riffs, but the riffs themselves will not play through those channels.

For example... what I usually do is to use the voice over plug-in to mix the RiffTrax audio into the two rear channels (SL & SR).  Then I use the voice-over plug-in to mix the RiffTrax audio into the other four channels with the voice volume turned off.  All six channels will lower during the riffs, but the riffs will only play from the rear channels.  This has the effect of making it sound like the riffers are sitting behind me.  It's pretty cool.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2007, 11:51:36 AM »
Thanks Bairman for the tips! I will probably try it on the next one. Do you know how your mixes sound when playing back on say a two-channel tv? I sometimes play my Rifftrax on my bed room tv that only has 2 channel stereo.

Offline Bairman

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #69 on: September 01, 2007, 12:03:48 PM »
Thanks Bairman for the tips! I will probably try it on the next one. Do you know how your mixes sound when playing back on say a two-channel tv? I sometimes play my Rifftrax on my bed room tv that only has 2 channel stereo.

Since none of my friends have 5.1 systems, I had the same thought, so I switched my receiver to stereo and the 5.1 mixes still sound great.  However, being anal-retentive as I am, I've also been making two channel, DPLII compatible audio streams as well, to provide multiple audio choices for maximum listening pleasure no matter what system they're played on.  So far I've been extremely pleased with the results in every configuration.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #70 on: September 01, 2007, 02:52:02 PM »
Good to know! Thanks for the tips!  Do you know if BeSweet still has the Pioneer problem? Does it ever get updated??

Offline Bairman

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #71 on: September 01, 2007, 03:13:04 PM »
Good to know! Thanks for the tips!  Do you know if BeSweet still has the Pioneer problem? Does it ever get updated??

Supposedly it still has the problem, but since I don't know anyone with a Pioneer player, it's not a problem for me.  I don't think it's been updated for awhile... who knows if it ever will be again.  But it works fine for me as is.

I did try working with Aften for AC3 encoding, but ran into several problems:

1. AftenGUI doesn't support multiple WAV files or mux files as input.
2. The latest version of the BeLight GUI for BeSweet supports Aften, but they broke mux file operation with this version.
3. Older versions of BeLight have mux file input working correctly, but don't support Aften.
4. Doing it the hard way and using Aften with BeSweet command line works, but results in an AC3 file that is 2K larger than the original.

After fighting with all this for quite awhile, I decided it was much simpler just to use the ac3enc encoder that comes with BeSweet.

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
  • Liked: 3
    • GoodTimers Hockey
« Reply #72 on: September 01, 2007, 06:22:25 PM »

Is there a way to use BeSweet to recombine the six mono WAV files into single WAV file?
If so, then MrTorso you can use whatever you've been using so far to make your AC3 files. I think you said it was MPEG-DVD-Wizard?

Offline Bairman

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #73 on: September 01, 2007, 06:51:26 PM »

Is there a way to use BeSweet to recombine the six mono WAV files into single WAV file?
If so, then MrTorso you can use whatever you've been using so far to make your AC3 files. I think you said it was MPEG-DVD-Wizard?

I think what you suggest can be done with BeSweet, but I wouldn't want to say for certain without testing it first.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #74 on: September 01, 2007, 07:29:05 PM »

I have been using Aften.