login

Author Topic: GoldWave "Voice Over" plug in  (Read 58920 times)

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 765
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
Re: New GoldWave "Voice Over" plug in
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2007, 06:45:12 PM »
Yes multi-channel audio on Goldwave would be great. I miss the 5.1 mixes. But for what the voice over plug-in offers I can do without.

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2007, 10:48:27 PM »
Hey, gammer, one suggestion for your guide. There's a quicker way to convert the RiffTrax .mp3 to WAV format. When you open GoldWave, click file, and select "Batch Processing" from the pulldown. The box that appears will let you select files you want to convert, as well as destination folder AND format, including making the resulting file 48kHz. It does all the conversion in one step (although I haven't tried converting the movie audio AC3 file this way yet).
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline Blueguy

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2007, 09:33:51 AM »
Nifty, I'll give that a shot on the next disk I make. 

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2007, 09:38:29 AM »
Hey, gammer, one suggestion for your guide. There's a quicker way to convert the RiffTrax .mp3 to WAV format. When you open GoldWave, click file, and select "Batch Processing" from the pulldown. The box that appears will let you select files you want to convert, as well as destination folder AND format, including making the resulting file 48kHz. It does all the conversion in one step (although I haven't tried converting the movie audio AC3 file this way yet).

p.s. I just tried last night; if you set the "Batch Conversion" window to look for All Files, it will be able to convert the AC3 track as well (maybe even in the same conversion setup as the RiffTrax .mp3; sweet!).
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2007, 03:31:00 PM »
Hey, gammer? I downloaded and installed the trial version of GWVoice; but when I open GoldWave and pull down the plug-in selection, it's not there. Am I missing something?

- Conan O'Brien

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2007, 03:34:35 PM »
You will find it under:  EFFECT --> PLUG-IN -->GWVOICE
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2007, 03:40:51 PM »

I'm trying that, but all it shows is DirectX; when I highlight THAT, it shows a bunch of plug-ins, none of which is GWVoice.

When I install the plug-in, what directory should it go in? Right now it's just the general folder containing GoldWave; should it be the "Effects" folder?

- Conan O'Brien

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2007, 03:43:20 PM »

I'm trying that, but all it shows is DirectX; when I highlight THAT, it shows a bunch of plug-ins, none of which is GWVoice.

When I install the plug-in, what directory should it go in? Right now it's just the general folder containing GoldWave; should it be the "Effects" folder?

Never mind that last question; the plug-in CREATES that "Effects" folder.

- Conan O'Brien

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2007, 04:32:15 PM »
I am talking about the toolbar in Goldwave itself not a folder.

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2007, 05:02:52 PM »
I am talking about the toolbar in Goldwave itself not a folder.

I understand that; I was just asking if I installed it incorrectly. But it's not showing up in the "Plug-ins" part of the "Effects" pull-down.

- Conan O'Brien

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2007, 06:48:43 PM »
I got it now; I had to upgrade from Version 5.04 for it to work.

- Conan O'Brien

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
  • Liked: 3
    • GoodTimers Hockey
« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2007, 07:18:09 PM »
Also, I don't think the plugin works with the trial version of GoldWave. At least I thought I read that before I downloaded the plugin.

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2007, 07:56:46 PM »
I am using trial version of both. aaaalmost out of uses.

Offline Blueguy

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2007, 06:50:42 AM »
It works with the trial version, you just need to restart the program for the menu to show up.

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
  • Liked: 3
    • GoodTimers Hockey
« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2007, 08:28:19 AM »
I am using trial version of both. aaaalmost out of uses.

Might as well buy it. It's not that expensive and you will more then get its money's worth out of it.

MrTorso, did you have any luck finding out if GoldWave will support 6 channel audio in the future?