login

Author Topic: GoldWave "Voice Over" plug in  (Read 44397 times)

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 698
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
Re: New GoldWave "Voice Over" plug in
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2007, 10:23:45 PM »
D'oh I could have sworn I posted that info when I got it from the guy at Goldwave. I joined up on their forum to ask some questions. I could have sworn I posted that.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline BBQ Platypus

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 59
  • SURF'S UP, SPACE PONIES!
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2007, 03:21:38 PM »
I hate GoldWave's new voice-over plugin.

Sorry.  Couldn't resist that one.  ;D

Why?  Is there something better out there that will do what this plug-in does? We are always looking for easier/faster/better ways of re-authoring the dvds.

No, no - I've never used GoldWave.  I'm just doing a play on Tom Servo's new voice.  It's just a bad joke.  Please don't hurt me.
Correction: the coat hanger should be upside down.

Offline Michel Weisnor

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 0
  • Winter Cometh
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2007, 08:11:59 PM »
p.s.
I just updated the Voice Over guide to fix the spelling mistakes and fix the typo's.
http://www3.sympatico.ca/inch77/guide.htm

I'm a little confused at 3) part 12. How dou move the slider? I only see one track. Also, in 5) when I remove .5 as suggested the tracks are not synced. I probably just don't understand the slider.

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
  • Liked: 3
    • GoodTimers Hockey
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2007, 08:20:21 PM »
p.s.
I just updated the Voice Over guide to fix the spelling mistakes and fix the typo's.

I'm a little confused at 3) part 12. How dou move the slider? I only see one track. Also, in 5) when I remove .5 as suggested the tracks are not synced. I probably just don't understand the slider.

When you open an audio file, all of the file is 'selected' and the slider bar is at zero. If you click on the audio file close to the start and drag it to the right, the bar slides along the audio file until you let go of your mouse button.

As you can see in this pic, I slid the start bar to approx the 2 min mark.

Offline Michel Weisnor

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Winter Cometh
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2007, 09:59:14 AM »
p.s.

When you open an audio file, all of the file is 'selected' and the slider bar is at zero. If you click on the audio file close to the start and drag it to the right, the bar slides along the audio file until you let go of your mouse button.

As you can see in this pic, I slid the start bar to approx the 2 min mark.

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
    • GoodTimers Hockey
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2007, 10:39:01 AM »

If they are not sync'd up, then it sounds like your math on Part 3, step 9 is off.
When you do Part 3, Step 6/7, is it sync'd up at that point?
This is a good indicator if you are on the right track.

In Part 5 Mixing, do you mix audios before or after the voice over plugin?

No. You mix the audio separately. The purpose of doing the other mixing (in the earlier step) is to see if you are synced up to DA's lines. If so, then you go through your RiffTrax and blank out the DA lines, then use the new trax (with the blanked out DA lines) to mix with the Plugin.

Offline Msampo

• Schnappi Supporter
  • The Sampo building (photo by Kevin Murphy)
    • Satellite News
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2007, 03:33:54 PM »

Why?  Is there something better out there that will do what this plug-in does? We are always looking for easier/faster/better ways of re-authoring the dvds.

It's a 17-year-old in-joke.

Sampo (a few folks still remember...)
MST3Kinfo.com--The official Mystery Science Theater 3000 Fan site.
Join us, won't we?

Offline Michel Weisnor

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Winter Cometh
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2007, 03:46:31 PM »

If they are not sync'd up, then it sounds like your math on Part 3, step 9 is off.
When you do Part 3, Step 6/7, is it sync'd up at that point?
This is a good indicator if you are on the right track.

In Part 5 Mixing, do you mix audios before or after the voice over plugin?

No. You mix the audio separately. The purpose of doing the other mixing (in the earlier step) is to see if you are synced up to DA's lines. If so, then you go through your RiffTrax and blank out the DA lines, then use the new trax (with the blanked out DA lines) to mix with the Plugin.

You were right! I just subtracted wrong  :P Thanks for your help.  ;D

Offline stirrell

• Blue Beer Drinker
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2007, 08:58:03 AM »
I saw that someone in this thread was using Vista. I was wondering if anyone had any experience using Goldwave and the Voiceover plug-in with Vista and if it works with no problems? It looks like DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink work fine... I'm not sure about IFO Edit either.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2007, 03:07:11 PM »

It's a 17-year-old in-joke.

Sampo (a few folks still remember...)

Reading it later, I finally got it.

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Yalloglanchie

• Disembaudio's Squadio
GoldWave not exactly "working" for me
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2007, 10:49:02 AM »
I followed Gammer's guide to the letter:

but when I try to open the AC3 file (step 1 of Part 2 in the guide), GoldWave pretends to open the file, and says it's "Proccessing Audio Decompression" for about 5 seconds, and then it just stops and gives me a blank audio window.  No error message, but then there's no audio there. When I try to follow step 2 (saving the file as a WAV) it saves the file, but the WAV file size is 1KB.  That doesn't seem right.

I have no problems running BeSweetGUI, BeLight, Audacity, etc. on all the various DVD sound files (I've successfully re-authored all the Rifftrax DVDs using BeLight and Audacity).  I've got DVD player software installed on the computer.  And I don't get an error when trying to open AC3 files with GoldWave.  I've got hard drive storage enabled in GoldWave (and the drive has 23GB of free space).

Does anybody know what might be wrong?

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
    • GoodTimers Hockey
Re: GoldWave not exactly "working" for me
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2007, 11:53:59 AM »
I followed Gammer's guide to the letter:

but when I try to open the AC3 file (step 1 of Part 2 in the guide), GoldWave pretends to open the file, and says it's "Proccessing Audio Decompression" for about 5 seconds, and then it just stops and gives me a blank audio window.  No error message, but then there's no audio there. When I try to follow step 2 (saving the file as a WAV) it saves the file, but the WAV file size is 1KB.  That doesn't seem right.

I have no problems running BeSweetGUI, BeLight, Audacity, etc. on all the various DVD sound files (I've successfully re-authored all the Rifftrax DVDs using BeLight and Audacity).  I've got DVD player software installed on the computer.  And I don't get an error when trying to open AC3 files with GoldWave.  I've got hard drive storage enabled in GoldWave (and the drive has 23GB of free space).

Does anybody know what might be wrong?

Have you tried opening the AC3 with Audacity? Does it give the same problem?
If it opens with Audacity, then try saving it as a WAV file and then open this WAV file with GOLDWAVE.

Offline Yalloglanchie

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2007, 05:34:27 PM »
I can take the Decoder-ripped AC3 file, and then open it in BeSweet.  From BeSweet I can then export as a WAV file (which opens just fine in Audacity, but I'm not trying to use Audacity).  If I try to open this WAV file in GoldWave, it says "Internal file size is incorrect.  The file may be corrupt.  Open anyway?"  If I click "Yes" then the next thing GoldWave tells me is "Cannot determine format of file: VTS_03_1 - 0x80 - Audio - AC3 - 6ch - 48kHz - DRC - English -  Please specify a format below."  It gives me the option to choose a File type: either "Raw (snd, raw)" or "Dialogic (vox)" and I get to choose the Attributes from a list of about 600 things, and then I get to choose the Rate (Hz) which I'm pretty sure should be 48000.

So am I supposed to use BeSweet to convert from AC3 to WAV, and then use Audacity to reduce the WAV file down from 6ch to stereo before I try opening the file in Goldwave?

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2007, 05:46:08 PM »
Yeah Goldwave can't handle more than two channel tracks. To get my wav file to use in Goldwave I use  AC3 Tool. It does a much better job of downmixing a 5.1 track to two channels than Goldwave. http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=AC3Tool

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
    • GoodTimers Hockey
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2007, 06:34:30 PM »
Yeah Goldwave can't handle more than two channel tracks. To get my wav file to use in Goldwave I use  AC3 Tool. It does a much better job of downmixing a 5.1 track to two channels than Goldwave. http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=AC3Tool

Exactly. Goldwave only handles 2 channel audio. That is the downside of it.
I hope they release a version in the future that supports 6 channel audio.