login

Author Topic: GoldWave "Voice Over" plug in  (Read 44432 times)

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
  • Liked: 3
    • GoodTimers Hockey
GoldWave "Voice Over" plug in
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2006, 09:24:14 AM »
Now that you've use this plugin, what do you think?

Other then playing with the volume settings, and the fade in fade out settings, I think this works pretty sweet.
Its a 'must' for those movies that get really loud, like when music is playing.

In general, I try and make the rifftrax volume simular to the volume in the movie at the quiet times. This seems to work best. And then I have the plugin turn down the vol of the movie by 7 or 8 db's when a riff is being said. I also keep my fade in/outs really fast...like .2 seconds. That way if a riff comes right after a line, that line doesnt get turned down too soon.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 06:36:07 AM by gammer73 »

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 281
Re: New GoldWave "Voice Over" plug in
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2006, 10:47:40 AM »
I love it, except for the behaviour change today,

Bad Goldwave, no biscuit!

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 699
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2006, 12:57:41 PM »
I have been using it since Halloween. I use the basic guide that Gammer outlined and tweak it for each movie. I haven't had any problems with a set-up line fading too early for a riff. The biggest thing I have a problem with is Goldwave's poor downmixing abilities and non support of multi-channel audio. I have been using a tool called Clier's AC3 Tool. It will take the ac3 track and downmix to a two channel wave. If you compare the waveforms of the same track downmixed by Goldwave vs Ac3 Tool you will see a big difference. The AC3 Tool mix is always louder. I then use Nero's Wave Editor to normalize and declip if needed then do the sync and mix with Goldwave. I now have the bug to redo all of them using the plug-in. This will be the third mix of ROAD HOUSE for me.

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
    • GoodTimers Hockey
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2006, 06:15:40 PM »
I now have the bug to redo all of them using the plug-in. This will be the third mix of ROAD HOUSE for me.

I know the feeling. Except I think I am only going to re-do the ones that had large flux's in audio volume. Like Crossroads. My Road House is pretty good.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 699
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2006, 06:38:47 PM »
I now have the bug to redo all of them using the plug-in. This will be the third mix of ROAD HOUSE for me.

I know the feeling. Except I think I am only going to re-do the ones that had large flux's in audio volume. Like Crossroads. My Road House is pretty good.

Crossroads and Star Trek V are the big do-overs right now. I am still waiting for another copy of Crossroads to show up at work.

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
    • GoodTimers Hockey
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2006, 06:45:49 PM »
Crossroads and Star Trek V are the big do-overs right now. I am still waiting for another copy of Crossroads to show up at work.

Yes I forgot about STV...that should be redone too.

Offline DarthSN

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2006, 12:41:42 PM »
I don't seem to have the proper AC3 Codec installed... I am running windows Vista... anyone got any ideas where I can download one?

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
    • GoodTimers Hockey
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2006, 01:24:55 PM »
I don't seem to have the proper AC3 Codec installed... I am running windows Vista... anyone got any ideas where I can download one?

I have one I can email you.
I'll PM you for details...

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
    • GoodTimers Hockey
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2007, 06:35:05 AM »

I have Cyberlink PowerDVD 6 installed. GoldWave seems to be using the AC3 codec from PowerDVD.
If anyone else is having AC3 errors with GoldWave, make sure you have DVD software installed.

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
    • GoodTimers Hockey
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2007, 07:12:54 AM »
p.s.
I just updated the Voice Over guide to fix the spelling mistakes and fix the typo's.
http://www3.sympatico.ca/inch77/guide.htm

Offline BEERxTaco

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 13
  • Does this bug you? I'm not touching you...
    • BEERx
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2007, 07:14:51 AM »
This has nothing to do with Goldwave, so forgive me, but I have Power DVD installed, and when I run Nero 7 I never get the option to include the AC3 audio track when I rebuild the ripped tracks to mpeg-4... even though the AC3 track certainly appears to be associated with Nero... wonder what I am missing...
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son"
-Dean Wormer, Animal House R.I.P.

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
    • GoodTimers Hockey
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2007, 07:40:25 AM »
Try converting the AC3 audio to a wav file. Then see if Nero accepts it.
I don't use Nero 7, so I don't know for sure if it accepts AC3 audio. Maybe another member on the forum can help in this dept?

There is a section of my guide that shows how to convert AC3 to Wave using GoldWave.

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 604
  • In a not too distant future far, far away. . . .
    • Facebook
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2007, 08:07:19 PM »
im trying to do point break, but the lines are way off. I have it start at 2:13 for the Rifftrax and 0:49 for the dvd. But somehow the first riff is off by 5 secs. How can that be? Maybe this version of Point break doesnt work for this rifftrax. Does it have to be the new edition?

I had the same problem when I first started using the plug-in. If you're used to straight mixing the audio, the Voice-Over will always be a little late, so it'll take a little tweaking to make sure you get it right. That pretty much means listening to the preview of the mix at least until the first synch line to make sure the audio is mixed right.

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
    • GoodTimers Hockey
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2007, 06:32:38 AM »
im trying to do point break, but the lines are way off. I have it start at 2:13 for the Rifftrax and 0:49 for the dvd. But somehow the first riff is off by 5 secs. How can that be? Maybe this version of Point break doesnt work for this rifftrax. Does it have to be the new edition?

I had the same problem when I first started using the plug-in. If you're used to straight mixing the audio, the Voice-Over will always be a little late, so it'll take a little tweaking to make sure you get it right. That pretty much means listening to the preview of the mix at least until the first synch line to make sure the audio is mixed right.

What I have found out (and noted in my instructions) is whatever you have the Fade in and Fade out set as, the plug in will be off by that amount. So, if your fade in/out is set for .5 seconds, then the RiffTrax will be off by that amount.

To rectify, you need to delete .5 seconds (or whatever you have set for fade in/out) off the start of the RiffTrax.

I hope this helps?

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 281
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2007, 06:52:09 AM »
Interesting, that would match up with what I found out through trial and error, haha, thanks.