Author Topic: Sit Down, Shut Up!!  (Read 827 times)

Offline PrinceOfSpace

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 0
Sit Down, Shut Up!!
« on: February 28, 2010, 11:45:06 AM »
Did anyone else think that this show was just genius?? My husband and I have watched Arrested Development more times than we can count, and when it got canceled we were very sad, indeed. But then came Sit Down, Shut Up!, and we were happy again.

NOW THAT show has been canceled, as well!!! We're very outraged!! Why can't Mitchell Hurwitz seem to get a break?? The shows he comes up with and helps to develop are FANTASTIC, with clever characters and storylines and writing. I know Sit Down, Shut Up! was originally released in Australia, and he just developed it for American television...but come on, if Office can make it WAY longer than it should (and no, I'm not railing the Office. We watch it every week), I would hope there would be SOME hope for this show, too. It had all the makings of a wonderful show-humor, great writing, animated, Will Arnett. It just...didn't take off.

I'm, personally, blaming Fox for all of it. They killed off The Critic AND Family Guy (twice), destroyed Arrested Development, and it looks like they took this new awesome show in the same direction as it forbears. Within the first five episodes of Sit Down, Shut Up! the dates and times had been changed three times. It was hard even for obsessed freaks like us to keep up with it.

.....I guess we'll just have to wait for the Arrested Development movie, and get our kicks from that while we can. Sigh.

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
Re: Sit Down, Shut Up!!
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 12:00:34 PM »
They killed off The Critic AND Family Guy (twice)......

The problem is that they didn't kill off Family Guy.....they just stopped taking the antibiotics when they started feeling better. Now we've got a Family Guy that not only can't be killed off....it's spreading and mutating....

Doctor Who?

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 12:22:18 PM »
yeah anyone seen The Cleavland show? It's a mutation that is even worse then the sickness it came from.  Also you just know each and every one of Mcfarlen's shows is going to set the record for longest running show in TV history no matter what fox will never cancel anything he does now,because there will always be redneck mouth breathers watching it.  Trust me we are stuck with McFarlen for the next 50 years. 

I will agree that The critic was tragic.  it is one of my favorite shows of all time.

anais.jude

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 12:32:22 PM »