login

Author Topic: THE PHANTOM MENACE - YES!!  (Read 34327 times)

Offline jedi2187

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
  • feets don't fail me now!
Re: THE PHANTOM MENACE - YES!!
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2006, 08:48:43 AM »
"We'll be listening to your riff with great interest!"

-Palpatine
" LISTEN KID. I've been hearing that crap ever since I was at UCLA. I'm out there busting my buns every night. Tell your old man to drag Walton and Lanier up and down the court for 48 minutes. " -Roger Murdoch, Airplane!

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2006, 08:54:41 AM »
At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have... RIFFAGE!!

:D

Offline Justin

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
  • Did you know...?
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2006, 08:56:32 AM »
"Now this is pod-casting!"

-Anakin Skywalker
Snowhead the Blue Reindeer gave me all the presents in the world.

Offline jedi2187

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2006, 08:59:05 AM »
"I will not condone a course of action that will lead us to riffing."

-Queen Boy George Amidala
" LISTEN KID. I've been hearing that crap ever since I was at UCLA. I'm out there busting my buns every night. Tell your old man to drag Walton and Lanier up and down the court for 48 minutes. " -Roger Murdoch, Airplane!

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2884
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2006, 09:01:55 AM »
I can't wait! :^)

Now I actually LIKE Episode 1. Sure, it was the weakest of the Star Wars movies, but a Weak Star Wars movie is still better than most movies. :^) Riff it? Go for it! And take on the other 5 while you're at it. :^)

Star Wars fans, I've found, have a sense of humor about our obsession. We mock Hasbro for releasing every pose that Han Solo ever took on, while at the same time making sure we collect every one of those poses. We love it as we tease it, so even those of us who liked Ep 1 should enjoy this Rifftrax.

Color me excited! :^)

Offline jedi2187

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2006, 09:13:10 AM »
Not sure if I should start a new thread, but lemme post it here. If you watch the updated trailer...

http://www.rifftrax.com/flash/Penguin_Trailer.html

you'll notice a scene on Coruscant where the air-taxi takes Padm? and her Harajuku girls to a tower. Now this is found on the current DVD, so those who want to watch on their ancient VHS tapes (1999 and up) will have to go and rent the modern (read: revised) Epi 1 DVD.

Offline Cap'n UKRiffer

• Big Montana
  • Leader Of The Justice Riff League Europe
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2006, 09:30:13 AM »

Me-sa so needed to be riffed on...

I'm hoping if (or more likely WHEN) Lucas gets around to messing about with this trilogy as he did the original, theres a scene of Jar Jar getting the crap kicked out of him... he just so deserves it
In brightest day, in darkest night
No DVD shall escape their sight
Let those who tremble in bad movies light,
Beware the power, Rifftrax's might!

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2006, 09:34:05 AM »
Yo, Mod dudes! Since this one is gonna generate a LOT of discussion over the next week, maybe it might behoove all y'all to create an Ep 1 board a little early.

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked: 242
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2006, 09:49:03 AM »
What's sad is the trailer made more sense then the movie.  Man I hope Mike and Kevin rip this one apart.  I can't wait.

Oh, they do. Don't worry. :)

Offline J-Proof

• J-Proof
  • The FBI Pays Me to Surf
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2006, 10:14:38 AM »
I have been trying to outsource my workload at home to people that I can trust... so

I am leaving it up to you, the fans, to create a working lightsaber for me. Not joking. Does it look like I'm joking?

Have at it.

http://www.jpartistry.com/pinoyvid.htm

^I am converting these movies to flash vids so it may take a while to play all the way through on your pcs, but it's fun nonetheless ;)
J to the Pizzo
P to the Jizzay...

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 4
  • Twins Territory
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2006, 10:46:31 AM »
I bet this has the largest amount of Rifffans who'already own the DVD of any Rifftrack so far.

Huh??  I own every Star Wars BUT episode 1... thought this was common...

On a side note, when I do buy episode 1, I will put the dvd on my riff/mst3k shelf and not next to my other Star Wars dvds. Does anyone else here NOT own episode 1?

MontyServo

« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2006, 10:53:57 AM »
I bet this has the largest amount of Rifffans who'already own the DVD of any Rifftrack so far.

Huh??  I own every Star Wars BUT episode 1... thought this was common...

On a side note, when I do buy episode 1, I will put the dvd on my riff/mst3k shelf and not next to my other Star Wars dvds. Does anyone else here NOT own episode 1?

I don't.  But I put it at the top of my Netflix queue as soon I knew it was coming out.  I just got it today.  So I'm ready for next week!!!

Offline dlobro1080

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2006, 10:59:26 AM »
Just posted an article about it on kungfurodeo.com.  Doing my part to spread the word.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2006, 10:59:46 AM »
Here's a bigger question: Have any Riffaholics not seen Phantom Menace? At all? (I know some of you said you couldn't make it all the way through.)

MontyServo

« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2006, 11:06:00 AM »
Here's a bigger question: Have any Riffaholics not seen Phantom Menace? At all? (I know some of you said you couldn't make it all the way through.)

I've seen it plenty of times (including a Midnight showing on opening day back in 1999 where we stood outside in the hot Florida sun for over 12 hours twice, once to buy the tickets, then again on opening day.)  But I think it has been several years since I have seen it.  Like I said, I don't even have it on DVD.

I actually have come to think that Episode 1 isn't even the worst movie of the prequel trilogy.  That would be Episode II : Attack of the Over the Top, Really Bad CGI.