Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1786757 times)

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2644
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #19545 on: September 11, 2018, 08:29:31 AM »
 Well this is brilliant, my car puts up a paragraph of text on the screen while I'm driving.  The message is a warning not to look at the screen too much while driving and doesn't go away until I touch OK to get back to the normal display.  That's some genius programing right there...

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #19546 on: September 11, 2018, 08:31:51 AM »
Well this is brilliant, my car puts up a paragraph of text on the screen while I'm driving.  The message is a warning not to look at the screen too much while driving and doesn't go away until I touch OK to get back to the normal display.  That's some genius programing right there...
Oh wow! Safety 3rd I suppose :-\

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5708
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #19547 on: September 12, 2018, 06:05:04 AM »
From the Count to 100,000 thread:

I had to look up what that was.

OW!

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 563
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
« Reply #19548 on: September 12, 2018, 03:24:11 PM »
Hey guys, there's something I just GOTTA know. Why do so many people not like Arby's? I mean I've ALWAYS loved their Beef and Cheddar sandwiches because they are DELICIOUS. The ONLY thing about Arby's I don't like are the prices for some of the sandwiches. While I'm on the subject, have you ever had a chicken bacon swiss sandwich from Arby's? Because that's really damn good too.

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #19549 on: September 12, 2018, 04:10:10 PM »
Hey guys, there's something I just GOTTA know. Why do so many people not like Arby's? I mean I've ALWAYS loved their Beef and Cheddar sandwiches because they are DELICIOUS. The ONLY thing about Arby's I don't like are the prices for some of the sandwiches. While I'm on the subject, have you ever had a chicken bacon swiss sandwich from Arby's? Because that's really damn good too.
Yeah I don't get that either.. I Luv me some Arby's when they come out with something new but their prices are quite high for a lot of their specialty items so maybe that has something to do with it ..  :-\
I need to try their 3 new Gyros :o

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6861
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #19550 on: September 12, 2018, 05:15:35 PM »
the iphone xs should be smaller than other iphones. ???
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline Pastor of Muppets

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 375
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
« Reply #19551 on: September 12, 2018, 05:54:48 PM »

It's probably one of those things that's trendy to hate and most people don't really hate it.  Like Nickelback.  I don't like their sandwiches, but the menu provides a good change from burgers and burritos.
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #19552 on: September 12, 2018, 06:29:04 PM »

I like everything except their beef and cheddars, but that’s just cause I don’t like cheese sauce. Blech. Arby’s is my one fast food guilty pleasure though.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4641
« Reply #19553 on: September 12, 2018, 06:46:22 PM »
the iphone xs should be smaller than other iphones. ???

But... it's "xs" or "excess"... named as such because that's where the excess huge parts all went. ;)
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2638
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #19554 on: September 12, 2018, 08:06:45 PM »

It's probably one of those things that's trendy to hate and most people don't really hate it.  Like Nickelback.  I don't like their sandwiches, but the menu provides a good change from burgers and burritos.

I've never tried a Nickleback sandwich. Has to be better than their music though.
FINE

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 511
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #19555 on: September 14, 2018, 02:23:01 PM »
I'm trying to learn to crochet. It feels so counter intuitive compared to knitting. I've got two hands, I should have two hooks. I understand the mechanics, I understand why I have to go through the previous row, but it feels so wrong. I suppose this must be how people who crochet feel when they try knitting for the first time. It's hella weird.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #19556 on: September 21, 2018, 09:53:31 AM »
After some ramps are opened just north of Philly this weekend I-95 will be finally be continuous between Florida and Maine.

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #19557 on: September 21, 2018, 10:00:24 AM »
After some ramps are opened just north of Philly this weekend I-95 will be finally be continuous between Florida and Maine.
Only took 62 years er so :P

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #19558 on: September 21, 2018, 10:28:21 AM »
Only took 62 years er so :P

I was just reading an article about why the gap has taken so long to close.  It should have been done in the 70s but the gas crisis and local opposition killed it, dindn't explain why it took 30 years to start work on the backup plan of connecting I-95 and the bridge that connects the PA Turnpike to the NJ turnpike.

So a trip north from my location should take 20 or 30 minutes less, but I no longer have any reason to travel up to New England these days.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6861
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #19559 on: September 21, 2018, 10:57:51 AM »
all those people you told to have a nice trip, and that you'd see them next fall? it's fall now. time to throw them a party!
dF = 0
d*F = J