Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1785092 times)

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3563
  • All joking a salad.
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #19500 on: August 15, 2018, 04:03:24 PM »
I had a colonoscopy and endoscopy today. High as a kite. Everything looked normal but he took a bunch of biopsies, I'll find out if I've got Crohn's or UC in a week or so

I'm sorry. I had that a year ago and found out that I'm Celiac.

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 511
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #19501 on: August 15, 2018, 04:23:24 PM »
I had a colonoscopy and endoscopy today. High as a kite. Everything looked normal but he took a bunch of biopsies, I'll find out if I've got Crohn's or UC in a week or so

It could be anything from IBS to cancer, but no sense in borrowing trouble before it comes, I'll find out soon. Worst part was the prep for the damn thing.

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3563
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #19502 on: August 15, 2018, 05:45:32 PM »

It could be anything from IBS to cancer, but no sense in borrowing trouble before it comes, I'll find out soon. Worst part was the prep for the damn thing.

I was worried I had cancer, so Celiac was a relief.

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #19503 on: August 16, 2018, 04:32:42 PM »
Every year, children are shipped off to mime school, never to be heard from again.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5707
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #19504 on: August 20, 2018, 10:32:18 AM »
https://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2018/08/nj_great-grandmom_went_skydiving_for_her_90th_birt.html

I'm not sure if this is a more impressive looking remake of Time Chasers, or a less impressive looking remake of Triple X.

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #19505 on: August 20, 2018, 12:06:55 PM »
Classes started today, found out that KCKCC offers an Intro to Women's Studies course because it's the class directly before my Physiology course and I've always wanted to try the course. I didn't have a full schedule, and it would only mean leaving an hour earlier MWF, so, totally enrolled in that.

Online Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 562
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
« Reply #19506 on: August 20, 2018, 06:27:29 PM »
Saw my therapist today. It was honestly... not a bad day. My therapist is one of my greatest stabilizers. I always appreciate her insight because she always points out the flaws in my irrational thinking that typically makes me feel helpless and frightened. Today she told me to always remind myself of a positive thing about myself. Sometimes that isn't so easy.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3176
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #19507 on: August 23, 2018, 07:41:42 AM »
Has there ever actually been a zombie movie where the zombies chant "Brains?"

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #19508 on: August 23, 2018, 09:45:16 AM »
Return of the Living Dead

Online Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #19509 on: August 23, 2018, 12:01:13 PM »
How odd. I mean it's not exactly subtle, is it?

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #19510 on: August 23, 2018, 01:36:43 PM »
How odd. I mean it's not exactly subtle, is it?
Return of the Living Dead was the movie that started the idea that zombies just eat brains. Before that zombies were just cannibals and ate every part of people, which was established by George Romero in Night of the Living Dead.

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #19511 on: August 24, 2018, 02:49:33 PM »
Anyone here get dual degrees? I'm thinking of pursuing a bachelor's of women's gender and sexuality studies on top of my BSN.

Online Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #19512 on: August 24, 2018, 05:01:34 PM »
I went to my local Wildlife sanctuary today. I got lots of pics and videos of the critters, except for a few who seemed to be in hiding despite no one else being around but me. I learned something interesting today when I got to the pen where the raccoons were supposed to be, and the sign for their pen had their name in latin. Anybody remember the soundtrack to Guardians of the Galaxy 2? In the song "Guardians inferno", the singer(David Hasselhoff) mentions a "Procyon Lotor", now... until today I had NO idea what that meant and I never found the energy or ambition to try and find out. Turns out Procyon Lotor is latin for raccoon. That gave me a good laugh.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 05:41:31 PM by Russoguru »

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4463
« Reply #19513 on: August 26, 2018, 06:59:07 PM »
Oh hey Isaac popped up in my Twitter feed as a screencap again.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #19514 on: September 01, 2018, 01:46:27 PM »
Pretty disappointed in our local Habitat for Humanity ReStore..
I bought a washer from them back in January to replace the one that failed while the dead-beat tenants were living in my Mega Shed so I paid $75 dollars for a good used one. Then I bought a sectional sofa from them a couple weeks back for $144 and left the pillows as they didn't match and I had plenty of pillows at my house for it. It didn't come with an ottoman but saw they had one on hand based on a couple pictures and a video they posted on their FB page. I decided to donate a chest freezer I got for free from my parents a while back along with a couple lamps, a toaster, and an old kitchen sink faucet then wanted to buy that ottoman..
Turns out it was part of a package deal that came with a couch and they wouldn't sell just the ottoman. They were asking $185 for both and the ottoman didn't even really match the couch it supposedly came with.. I was dealing with a young girl who was going back and forth from the back office was to the counter and these 2 old ladies wouldn't even come out to talk to me about selling just the ottoman.. I even offered $100 for the ottoman (which I think was too much in my opinion) and the old ladies in the back office turned that down and still refused to get their lazy asses out of their chairs to talk to me! It was like they didn't even want to be bothered and could care less if they made a sale or not.. :grr:
I've given them a few hundred dollars in donated items, and spent a few hundred dollars on items there and this is how they treat me ??? A lot of other customers have complained on their FB page about their high prices and apathetic attitudes yet they continue to preach this so-called 'mission' to build affordable housing for folks and that they're 'non-profit' yet the greed is quite obvious and their attitude like 'if you don't buy it, someone else will' mentality turns away potential buyers to go look elsewhere at other thrift stores, and we have like a dozen of them in town.
It just irks me that these 2 old bitties would rather turn down a partial sale to fund their mission in the hopes of getting top dollar for something used ::)
Has anyone had a similar experience with their local Habitat for Humanity ReStore?