Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1791843 times)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #19410 on: June 18, 2018, 12:57:27 PM »
So Kate and I have been having a lot of fun since she arrived and my emotions have not been an issue so far :o
Took her to steak n shake for our first date then yesterday went to family dollar to pick up cleaning supplies, and we went to a new restaurant that makes a variety of burgers including a glazed donut burger :o
And today she went with me to the veterans doctor for my blood work results and talked with my doctor a bit (she's a surgical nurse) and I'm doing fine, then went to Walmart to pickup some stuff so she can cook some interesting meals soon.
 Then we tackled my kitchen which was in desperate need of a woman's  touch.. Threw out a bunch of stuff that was no longer needed  and now we're both tired from that project..
Tomorrow  we'll tackle the bathrooms. I think she's a keeper!

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 511
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #19411 on: June 21, 2018, 11:06:58 PM »
Anybody have a relative you alternate almost daily on whether or not you hate them? My future sister in law has a lot of similar interests to me, and we get along most, but her boyfriend has got her all twisted up, spouting a bunch of insensitive young white guy entitled bullshit. It's very confusing to be having a conversation with her on one Facebook thread, and then see something I'd expect from 19 year old 4chan users in another.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2646
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #19412 on: June 27, 2018, 04:29:09 PM »
Puffed battery in my phone replaced, new back cover, new glass over the camera.  Ordered the stuff from Amazon last night and it was waiting for me when I got home from work today.

It's certainly lost some of it's waterproofness, the new back cover didn't include any double sided tape for the area around the part that holds the camera and flash windows.

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #19413 on: June 27, 2018, 06:07:16 PM »
Noice. I managed to be a functional adult today. Hella impressed with me.

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4482
« Reply #19414 on: June 28, 2018, 04:39:16 PM »
Consider this.  A remake or sequel to The Final Sacrifice, but with Josh Brolin as Rowsdower (credit to Kevin).

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #19415 on: July 01, 2018, 05:44:57 PM »
Got my fireworks for the 4th, Phantom Fireworks had buy one get one free for the entire store.
Got too many bottle rockets, but probably too few roman candles.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 564
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
« Reply #19416 on: July 01, 2018, 07:42:52 PM »
My stomach was pretty upset tonight so I just needed to indulge myself. I went down to Sonic and got a large vanilla Sprite. Over 2 bucks is a little pricey for a large drink but Sprite has the power to calm my stomach pretty much immediately.

In other news... my friend Steph put down her dog today. I was afraid this was going to happen. I talked about this earlier in the thread. Basically the poor puppy was suffering from a very aggressive form of cancer that even chemo couldn't help. Steph was trying to get the dog into a clinical trial to see if that would do something to reverse the growth... but they couldn't get him into the clinical trial. Of course, I texted my friend right away with condolences once I saw the news on FB. Breaks my heart, but a large part of me knew this was going to happen.

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #19417 on: July 03, 2018, 10:13:43 AM »
For some people, it is the last day they will have 10 fingers.

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
« Reply #19418 on: July 03, 2018, 01:24:02 PM »
Anyone know how to pronounce Michael John LaChiusa's last name?

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 564
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
« Reply #19419 on: July 03, 2018, 08:31:29 PM »
No idea Lurker, sorry.  :(

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4650
« Reply #19420 on: July 03, 2018, 09:02:53 PM »

From HERE:

what's the correct way to pronounce your last name?

La-kee-OO-sa (CU: A name that should be included in any musical enthusiast's lexicon of attention worthy contemporary composer-lyricists!)
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4650
« Reply #19421 on: July 03, 2018, 09:08:20 PM »
Forgot... the reason I was getting on the Completely Random Thoughts page...

In Driver's Education, they never gave a good way to decide when to put one's headlights on.  Over the course of years, I figured out a way that works for me, and I've used it for the last few decades:

If, a block away, you can't tell what color an oncoming car is: turn on your lights.

This works for low-light conditions, fog, rain, etc.  As it is about 'clarity of vision' that can be easily and 'objectively' measured (well, as objective as 'can you tell the color of the car?' is, at least).  It is also something you can retest, over and over, as you drive, to see if visual conditions have gotten better or worse.

I've seen people drive in very dark conditions (and rain, and snow) without lights.  If this simple rule was taught, less 'I didn't see you' accidents would happen.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline TheRealUncleDes

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 54
  • It began with a simple murder
« Reply #19422 on: July 04, 2018, 06:43:38 PM »
If I'm in the car, I turn on the headlights. Simple as that.
I don't find Stratton and Varney funny.
Doesn't make me a bad person.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #19423 on: July 04, 2018, 07:32:14 PM »
My last 3 cars have had automatic headlights.  If the sensor doesn't see bright sky overhead, the lights are on.

On another note, judging by the increase on fireworks going off this year vs. last, I'd say the state made a lot of money off the extra 12% tax they added when they made areal displays and stuff like bottle rockets legal.  They got about $20 from me.  Put on a show for about 40 minutes for around $120. 

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
« Reply #19424 on: July 05, 2018, 09:12:08 AM »

From HERE:

what's the correct way to pronounce your last name?

La-kee-OO-sa (CU: A name that should be included in any musical enthusiast's lexicon of attention worthy contemporary composer-lyricists!)
Thanks!