Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1787723 times)

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3563
  • All joking a salad.
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #17910 on: August 09, 2016, 09:21:39 AM »
Just found out that I'm leaving for Hungary in 5 hours.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #17911 on: August 09, 2016, 10:05:59 AM »
Just found out that I'm leaving for Hungary in 5 hours.
Wow that's plenty of notice ... ???

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #17912 on: August 10, 2016, 07:44:29 PM »
"Yeah the Joker and Harley Quinn's relationship is abusive, but it's sexy as hell," - my ex

Yeah I think I dodged a bullet

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2644
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #17913 on: August 12, 2016, 01:18:27 PM »
So credit cards now have nothing on the front?  I guess those old style machines that make the carbon copy are completely gone now?  Just got a new Discover card and there's no raised numbers for the machine to imprint any more, all the account info is on the back, printed into the plastic, so both sides are smooth.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #17914 on: August 12, 2016, 01:50:08 PM »
So credit cards now have nothing on the front?  I guess those old style machines that make the carbon copy are completely gone now?  Just got a new Discover card and there's no raised numbers for the machine to imprint any more, all the account info is on the back, printed into the plastic, so both sides are smooth.
I haven't gotten a card like that yet from my bank..
Though mine have those chips that can now be hacked by ATMs..
You'd think going back to the old carbon style might solve a lot of this identity theft/scams going on these days ???

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #17915 on: August 12, 2016, 01:54:32 PM »
You'd think going back to the old carbon style might solve a lot of this identity theft/scams going on these days ???

I had chips in my cards years go, then they all stopped having chips, now this new one has a chip....  Supposedly it's a new chip technology that is more secure...

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #17916 on: August 12, 2016, 02:39:40 PM »

I had chips in my cards years go, then they all stopped having chips, now this new one has a chip....  Supposedly it's a new chip technology that is more secure...
Not according to this..
https://www.engadget.com/2016/08/11/chip-and-pin-card-hacking/

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #17917 on: August 12, 2016, 08:12:14 PM »
I have a maybe sorta kinda girlfriend? Don't know right now. It's complex and strange.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #17918 on: August 13, 2016, 04:39:07 AM »
YouTube is getting weird when it comes to their Monetization policies these days..
I've had a few recent videos flagged because they may not be 'advertiser friendly' yet when I re-submit it for review, it gets approved but this morning I get an email about a random vlogging video I made a few days ago got flagged this morning and is still 'under review'..
Hi RVR2,
Thanks for submitting your video(s) for monetization. We didn't approve your video(s) for monetization because the content in your video(s) or video details may not be advertiser-friendly.
If you believe that the content in your video is advertiser-friendly, you can request an additional review below:
Here's the video:<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/TxqvGC21ons" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/TxqvGC21ons</a>
Here's their rules:
Advertiser-friendly content guidelines

Advertiser-friendly content is content that's appropriate for all audiences. It has little to no inappropriate or mature content in the video stream, thumbnail, or metadata (such as in the video title). If the video does contain inappropriate content, the context is usually newsworthy or comedic and the creator’s intent is to inform or entertain (not offend or shock).

Content that may be acceptable for YouTube under YouTube policies may not be appropriate for Google advertising. Google's program policies provide additional guidelines for what can be monetized, and advertisers also have their own standards and requirements for content.

Content considered inappropriate for advertising (not advertiser friendly)

Content includes, but is not limited to:

1. Sexually suggestive content, including partial nudity and sexual humor
    2. Violence, including display of serious injury and events related to violent extremism
    3. Inappropriate language, including harassment, profanity and vulgar language
    4. Promotion of drugs and regulated substances, including selling, use and abuse of such items
    5. Controversial or sensitive subjects and events, including subjects related to war, political conflicts, natural disasters and tragedies, even if graphic imagery is not shown

If any of the above describes any portion of your video, then the video may not be approved for monetization. If monetization is approved, your video may not be eligible for all available ad formats. YouTube reserves the right to not monetize a video, as well as suspend monetization features on channels that repeatedly submit videos violating our policies.
Maybe because of the 4th rule because of the Benadryl I bought but really ??? I see videos that violate the 1st, 3rd, & 5th rule all the time yet they still get approved for Monetization so WTF ::)

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #17919 on: August 13, 2016, 09:25:54 AM »
Have you done shopping videos before?  Maybe they don't like so many brand names talked about and shown on screen?  But then they should put that in the rules....

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #17920 on: August 13, 2016, 10:36:33 AM »
Have you done shopping videos before?  Maybe they don't like so many brand names talked about and shown on screen?  But then they should put that in the rules....
I was more concerned that the background music might get it flagged, but I have done some walking around while shopping videos and had no problems with those YouTube videos.. Though I have been stopped by managers inside the store and told that I am not allowed to film inside the store :-\
I try to be inconspicuous when making those kinds of videos 8)

Offline Asbestos Bill

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 458
  • Are YOU dedoodaydolah?
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #17921 on: August 14, 2016, 08:20:54 AM »
We desperately need a YouTube competitor. [edit]: (and an overhaul of trademark law)

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #17922 on: August 14, 2016, 05:41:37 PM »
Calls me a passive aggressive bitch. Springs it on me that he bought me a ticket to Kansas. Won't say a word to me, even when I try to make polite conversation or small talk in the car. Gives me the passive aggressive "You're welcome" in that tone. Fuck this guy. I want to yell at him, scream at him, I want to fuck with him, but I can't do it because that'll just make everything worse.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #17923 on: August 14, 2016, 11:05:11 PM »
Saw a would you press the button that was "When you press this button, you become a millionaire, but the only music you can listen to is All Star by Smash Mouth" and I'm having trouble understanding why that's a downside.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3180
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #17924 on: August 15, 2016, 07:14:44 AM »
Positive it's not a popular opinion, but Smash Mouth pretty much single-handedly made pop music stations worth listening to in the late '90s.