login

Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1786380 times)

Quantum Vagina

Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #17865 on: July 22, 2016, 06:37:52 PM »
I wanna go cycling, but my legs hurt

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #17866 on: July 22, 2016, 06:47:13 PM »
I wanna go cycling, but my legs hurt
Eat some toast. That might help  ;D

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #17867 on: July 22, 2016, 08:42:06 PM »
How's your sense of taste?

Took me a long time to understand and admit that it is different.  My tongue still works.  I still pick up sweet, sour, salty, and bitter, so I thought I could taste just fine.  But I understand now that it's quite different than a normal person's.  Your nasal passages are connected to your mouth and throat (hence the ability for milk to come out of disgusting people's noses), so when you are chewing on something you are actually smelling it even stronger than when it was outside your mouth, but your brain combines it all into what we call taste. 

For example, I thought all skittles tasted the same (like sugar).  Bananas are just a mushy texture.  I don't like overly spicy foods because all I can taste is the chemical reaction, none of the flavor.  Same goes for very bitter things, like coffee and alcohol.  I've taken tiny sips, but never had a full glass of beer because it just tastes like a big cup of bitterness, and I've never had the urge to get drunk. 

Things still taste good or taste bad, it's just different.  Perhaps a lower resolution than a normal sense of taste.  Actually, color blind is probably a better analogy.  I can still see shape and form the same as you, and a few colors, but where you see variation in some colors, I see them as both the same.

Are you super thin?

I am thin, but it's not primarily from a lack of eating.  I shovel doughnuts in my face like no one's business.  Just got lucky by getting my grandfather's metabolism. 

Though I guess it does help that I don't snack unless I'm hungry.  Never eat something just cause it smells good.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2641
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #17868 on: July 23, 2016, 02:02:54 PM »
 I95 through Philly was practically lined with state trooper SUVs today.  I've never seen that many flashing lights before anywhere.  The parking lots around the Wells Fargo Center have what look like buildings but I guess they are tents.  They have a ban on any vehicle over 5 tons on the highway through the city.

All that and the candidate hasn't even arrived in town yet....

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6861
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #17869 on: July 24, 2016, 05:51:57 AM »
my winter coat has not been water-resistant for a couple years now, and two of the zippers are falling apart. still, i feel really weird about throwing it out.
dF = 0
d*F = J

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #17870 on: July 24, 2016, 10:41:00 AM »
Boyfriend has a bad habit of trusting trailers too much when making choice of movies to watch. I tried to make a point by showing him the Harry Potter as a teen comedy trailer to show that editing can completely misrepresent a movie, and he still doesn't buy it. Long story short I probably won't get to see Ghostbusters for a while :(

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4470
« Reply #17871 on: July 24, 2016, 01:12:09 PM »
And then there's the trailer for the Robin Williams movie Man of the Year, which makes it look like a completely different genre.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #17872 on: July 24, 2016, 02:26:26 PM »
Someone threw a hissy fit because I was going to buy baking powder with aluminum sulfate and the fact that I'm broke so I didn't want to buy the aluminum free since it was more expensive. Since he threw a fit and I was already dealing with a pouty teen, I just said fine. Hissssssssssy fit

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #17873 on: July 24, 2016, 03:13:40 PM »
Why go aluminum free?

It's not because of that Alzheimer thing that was debunked decades ago?  The people doing that study contaminated their samples with aluminum tools and ever since people have been blaming aluminum for memory loss.  It's one of the issues with news reporting on published papers before other people get a chance to replicate their work in the lab to see if it's a real thing or not.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #17874 on: July 24, 2016, 03:53:01 PM »
Why go aluminum free?

It's not because of that Alzheimer thing that was debunked decades ago?  The people doing that study contaminated their samples with aluminum tools and ever since people have been blaming aluminum for memory loss.  It's one of the issues with news reporting on published papers before other people get a chance to replicate their work in the lab to see if it's a real thing or not.
*chugging my Cherry Coke from an aluminum can* What are we talking about again ???
:P

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #17875 on: July 25, 2016, 09:07:23 AM »
His reasoning was that "Aluminum is a heavy metal and is one of the most dangerous toxins to the human body." This is a man that when we do D&D nights drinks a large amount of canned pepsi. I'm trying to save, and he demands I spend more money for nothing. I'm told that baking powder without aluminum tastes better, so maybe that'll be worth it, but I never had issues with regular old clabber girl

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #17876 on: July 25, 2016, 09:17:38 AM »
His reasoning was that "Aluminum is a heavy metal and is one of the most dangerous toxins to the human body." This is a man that when we do D&D nights drinks a large amount of canned pepsi. I'm trying to save, and he demands I spend more money for nothing. I'm told that baking powder without aluminum tastes better, so maybe that'll be worth it, but I never had issues with regular old clabber girl

So, a guy that has never even looked at a periodic table then....

Taste?  If you can taste the baking power you are using too much.  ;D

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #17877 on: July 25, 2016, 09:27:38 AM »
"Aluminum is a heavy metal"
Throw in some Gwar next time he says that >:D

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #17878 on: July 25, 2016, 11:19:35 AM »
Yeah, I'm dating a guy who thinks he's way smarter than he actually is. It's like he stopped aging at 19.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #17879 on: July 25, 2016, 11:36:06 AM »
So, a guy that has never even looked at a periodic table then....

Taste?  If you can taste the baking power you are using too much.  ;D

"Can you taste the baking power?" Was on Dwayne Johnson's short list, but ultimately he decided aroma was more intimidating than flavor.