login

Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1789666 times)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #17610 on: June 19, 2016, 04:26:50 PM »
I hate going to my allergy doctor, not only is it in town but way the hell over on the far side of town. Basically, it's a 70 mile round trip. Last time I was there my Doc suggested allergy shots... which could mean having to go down there twice a week.. nuh-uh, no way.  Anyways, I'm on more meds now... story of the last year and a half of my life.
At least meds cab help :)
Also, been a while, stranger. What brings you round these here parts.
I missed the forum, there's a lot of cool people here, like you. :)
We've missed cool people like you too ;D

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 564
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
« Reply #17611 on: June 19, 2016, 05:41:10 PM »
We've missed cool people like you too ;D
Thank you kindly RVR. I also noticed the Like button is working again. Thanks TorgosPizza! :D

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #17612 on: June 19, 2016, 05:49:48 PM »
I hate going to my allergy doctor, not only is it in town but way the hell over on the far side of town. Basically, it's a 70 mile round trip. Last time I was there my Doc suggested allergy shots... which could mean having to go down there twice a week.. nuh-uh, no way.  Anyways, I'm on more meds now... story of the last year and a half of my life.
At least meds cab help :)
Also, been a while, stranger. What brings you round these here parts.
I missed the forum, there's a lot of cool people here, like you. :)

Awww, you flatterer you

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #17613 on: June 19, 2016, 05:58:22 PM »
I try. :)  It's good to be back. I'm on a new medication called Olanzipine and it's helping me with a new diagnosis my therapist gave me... that I'm having delusions. Made sense to me quite honestly.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 06:04:10 PM by Russoguru »

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4648
« Reply #17614 on: June 19, 2016, 06:41:44 PM »
I'm glad you are back, too.  And I hope the meds work for you.  It is so unfortunate that finding just the right medication for clear-thinking is such a trial-and-error event (took until nearly 10 years after my first head injury before a doctor figured out just the right combo to help optimize what function I have).  I do hope yours work for you.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #17615 on: June 19, 2016, 06:52:21 PM »
Thank you Lucas, it's good to see you again. Damn, 10 years? And I thought a year and a half was a long time. That's nothing compared to what you went through. :( 

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #17616 on: June 19, 2016, 09:11:33 PM »
I'm still hoping that they get me on a better combo. Effexor helps, but it's not quite enough.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3180
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #17617 on: June 20, 2016, 09:26:44 AM »
So my soon-to-be-4-year-old has asked for an MST3K shirt for his birthday so he can "wear it like daddy." So first of all, awwww. Second of all, does anyone know where I can find an MST3K shirt in kid's sizes?

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3563
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #17618 on: June 20, 2016, 09:29:01 AM »
So my soon-to-be-4-year-old has asked for an MST3K shirt for his birthday so he can "wear it like daddy." So first of all, awwww. Second of all, does anyone know where I can find an MST3K shirt in kid's sizes?

I usually just make my own with iron-ons.  They grow out of them so fast, that the iron-on doesn't have time to wear out.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #17619 on: June 20, 2016, 09:31:26 AM »

I usually just make my own with iron-ons.  They grow out of them so fast, that the iron-on doesn't have time to wear out.

Exactly what I was gonna suggest. If you don't want to do the iron on, I'm sure there's a local place that'll let you design it and print it.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #17620 on: June 20, 2016, 11:01:14 AM »
Staying at my brother and sister in law's house here in Iguala Mexico and she decides to crank up a 'best of' The Beetles cd.. No idea if it's a store bought disc or a pirated compilation (probably the latter).
She doesn't understand a lick of English ???

Offline anais.butterfly

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1382
  • Monkey Brains!
« Reply #17621 on: June 20, 2016, 11:28:02 AM »
Staying at my brother and sister in law's house here in Iguala Mexico and she decides to crank up a 'best of' The Beetles cd.. No idea if it's a store bought disc or a pirated compilation (probably the latter).

First off, it's BeAtles. Second, they are so awesome, they transcend language.
Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #17622 on: June 20, 2016, 11:49:09 AM »

OOPS! Pardon Moi! :P
She also loves Barry White.. One time she wanted me to explain the lyrics to 'Take my love and... Put it in' :speechless:
I told here No Comprende :-X

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #17623 on: June 20, 2016, 12:22:54 PM »

Music is subjective. Had this argument last night with the bf,  except it was about Modest Mouse. Someone who enjoys scream metal shouldn't complain about a band or singer being able to hold a pitch.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5712
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #17624 on: June 20, 2016, 12:28:35 PM »
Someone who enjoys scream metal shouldn't complain about a band or singer being able to hold a pitch.
This! Soooo much this!