Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1807946 times)

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1547
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #17595 on: May 29, 2016, 08:12:45 PM »
So a niece in Mexico who got knocked up by some married guy had a baby shower today..
The photographer posted pics of her all dolled up with her prego-belly ... :speechless:
Is this a thing ???

What's the thing you don't understand? That she is celebrating her baby? If she's having it, why shouldn't she?
I guess it's the fact that the father of this child is already married (and nobody seems to know who the guy is) and she had already garnered the reputation around town of being a slut..
I guess that original statement came out a bit strong but the whole situation she got herself in is quite embarrassing  :-\

I think I agree with Grug on this one.  If you are going to keep the baby then the best thing to do is embrace the situation and celebrate it.  No need to start someone's life with feelings of shame and regret.  What happened happened, and she has made her choice (I hope), so it's best to move on and raise the child as best she can.

EDIT:  And plus, being a single mom she's going to need all the free shit she can get, so a shower makes a lot of sense.
I can see that point of view..
The really sad part is, her father passed away almost 4 years ago and we're her godparents. We're already bringing stuff for her and the new baby (which will probably be delivered while we're there in a couple weeks) but just seeing the pictures and thinking of how this came about just bugs the shit out of me and my wife. :-[
I will of course keep my mouth shut cause I don't get involved in family drama down there; my goal is to enjoy myself and I plan on doing just that 8)

Yeah, family shit can be weird.  I had to keep my mouth shut when my stupid fucking cousin put up a gofundme to help them have another baby.  No.  That is not how that works.  You can't kickstarter a baby.  It's one thing if you're knocked up, but when someone says to you "You need to make sure that you have enough money for another child", that doesn't mean ask a bunch of people online for money.  Means you need a better job.

And really, what would the backer rewards be for that?  $50 and you get a dvd of the birth?  $1,000 dollars and you get to name it?  $100,000 and in 6 years you get to take the child and train them to be a witcher under the law of surprise?

Thankfully no one donated, and they still only have one child.  Free market birth control. 

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3899
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #17596 on: May 30, 2016, 03:59:05 PM »
Back in high school, I had a bit of a crush on a girl. Her name was Tammy. Asked her to the prom but she declined hoping another friend would ask her instead.. He never did so she went alone..
Later after graduation she got married to some redneck with the last name of Elmore. She got a job at a local credit union where a few years later she was caught embezzling some $24000 dollars. Fast forward to this years prom season and her son was just arrested for a string of break-ins:
http://www.heraldonline.com/news/local/crime/article72415877.html
The next generation hasn't learned that crime doesn't pay apparently ::)
So she just posted this on her FB page..
This is my son and when I look at him I see a brave young man. At the age of 17 became a father . He didn't run away at the thought of it or run from his responsibility . Yet so many people see my son as a young thug and bad teen. Sure he has done things that he shouldn't have and will answer to those and get his life back and better than it was before. He has been raised in a loving godly home and has a huge family that stands behind him. So much is said about young single mothers but also people need to remember these young single fathers. Tyler has thought of only his son and his son's mother and worried himself that they BOTH be taken care of . How many young men can say that? He wants the best for his son and his son's mother . He is more worried about them being taken care of than himself and where he is at. That is what makes me so proud of him that he cares enough to put them first. Yes he did things that has taken him away from his son and he will be a better person and father because of it. God has a plan for Tyler and this was part of it to get Tyler to where God wants him to be. He works hard and has a job and never once complained . He will make some young lady a wonderful husband one day. He isn't perfect but hey who is?? He has some growing up to do like we all had to do. His road has just been a little rougher then some. His testimony will be amazing and I can't wait to see it happen. My heart is bursting with pride at him for stepping up and never once running from his responsibilities. I love you and can't wait for you to be home !!!!
Yeah well he sure as hell wasn't thinking of them or anyone else when he broke into all those vehicles ::)

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #17597 on: May 31, 2016, 12:01:28 PM »
This weekend has so far included hanging out with Mr. Wednesday and having the man who brought us almost all the adaptations of Douglas Adams to the radio adding me as a Facebook friend.

And it's a long weekend, fingers crossed for more awesomeness. :)

Dirk Maggs?
The very same, we went to the same college.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #17598 on: June 04, 2016, 10:46:16 AM »
Got a new(old) Note 2. I love the phone so far, but teaching it cuss words will take a while.

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #17599 on: June 07, 2016, 08:31:09 AM »
Not a fan of people who say one thing and do another.. >:(
Got rid of the psycho ex-friend last week from my Mega-Shed and I mention to the locksmith that I'm looking for someone to help me with some projects. He mentions his brother is a handyman and does great work.
Ok, we set up an appointment for this past Friday at 10am.. No show. Called saying he was having medical issues..
Reschedule for Monday 10am.. Again, no show but called in the afternoon and said he had medical issues and was at the doctor most of the day. Fine.
Rescheduled for 10am today.. He called at 10:45am saying he was on the way.. 45 minutes later, I'm still waiting. :grr:
If he does finally decide to show up, I'll get estimates but more than likely I'll find someone else to hire, and it also sounds like this guy's a risk with his health issues.. :-\

Offline d00hickey

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
« Reply #17600 on: June 07, 2016, 09:25:44 AM »
Got rid of the psycho ex-friend last week from my Mega-Shed and I mention to the locksmith that I'm looking for someone to help me with some projects. He mentions his brother is a handyman and does great work.
Ok, we set up an appointment for this past Friday at 10am.. No show. Called saying he was having medical issues..
Reschedule for Monday 10am.. Again, no show but called in the afternoon and said he had medical issues and was at the doctor most of the day. Fine.
Rescheduled for 10am today.. He called at 10:45am saying he was on the way.. 45 minutes later, I'm still waiting. :grr:
If he does finally decide to show up, I'll get estimates but more than likely I'll find someone else to hire, and it also sounds like this guy's a risk with his health issues.. :-\

You might get a rally good deal out of him if you get him to feel guilty for being such a flake. But, he might just do a shitty job if you do that.

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #17601 on: June 07, 2016, 09:42:52 AM »

You might get a rally good deal out of him if you get him to feel guilty for being such a flake. But, he might just do a shitty job if you do that.
He finally showed up not long after posting this, and he didn't give any estimates.. just ideas on what he could do on some of the projects. :-\
I may use him for at least 1 project and then go from there..

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #17602 on: June 08, 2016, 02:58:40 AM »
How is Ryan Gosling that funny? it shouldn't be allowed
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline anais.butterfly

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1382
  • Monkey Brains!
« Reply #17603 on: June 08, 2016, 11:18:22 AM »
How is Ryan Gosling that funny? it shouldn't be allowed

*droooooooooooooooooooooooooool*
Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4514
« Reply #17604 on: June 10, 2016, 06:28:43 AM »
That moment when a director answers your question in an online Q&A session.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1547
« Reply #17605 on: June 18, 2016, 07:45:04 PM »
It tasted pretty good anyway, but who the hell switched the definition of 'sweetbread' with the definition of 'sweetmeat'?  Did some Wikipedia troll cut out "A sweet delicacy, such as preserves, candy, or, formerly, cakes or pastry." replaced it with "Pancreas", and then everyone went along with it?  Or did those words go into the dictionary on Opposite Day?

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #17606 on: June 19, 2016, 12:45:38 PM »
Saw a doctor on Friday and finally have a solution to my cough of the past 8 months: ALLERGIES! I have a nasal spray, and I'm also supposed to flush out my sinuses once per day with a saline rinse. Absolutely awful. Plus side is that my nose is feeling a bit more open, and he said that the passages were nearly closed. He also prescribed an allergy med, but I haven't been able to get to the pharmacy in time, so I don't have it yet. If this works, I'll be happy.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 581
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
« Reply #17607 on: June 19, 2016, 01:55:18 PM »
I hate going to my allergy doctor, not only is it in town but way the hell over on the far side of town. Basically, it's a 70 mile round trip. Last time I was there my Doc suggested allergy shots... which could mean having to go down there twice a week.. nuh-uh, no way.  Anyways, I'm on more meds now... story of the last year and a half of my life.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #17608 on: June 19, 2016, 02:14:18 PM »
I hate going to my allergy doctor, not only is it in town but way the hell over on the far side of town. Basically, it's a 70 mile round trip. Last time I was there my Doc suggested allergy shots... which could mean having to go down there twice a week.. nuh-uh, no way.  Anyways, I'm on more meds now... story of the last year and a half of my life.
At least mess cab help :)

Also, been a while, stranger. What brings you round these here parts.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 581
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
« Reply #17609 on: June 19, 2016, 02:37:29 PM »
At least meds cab help :)
Also, been a while, stranger. What brings you round these here parts.
I missed the forum, there's a lot of cool people here, like you. :)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 02:39:25 PM by Russoguru »