Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1789128 times)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #17535 on: May 16, 2016, 10:02:04 AM »
But what I really want to know is ...

Is there the same amount of Oxygen at the top of a telephone pole than there is on the ground?!  :speechless:

I mean I could break out in song;
'O SOLO ME O!! TELEPHONE POLE.. IS TOO HIGH FOR MEEEE ... ' :-X

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5711
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #17536 on: May 16, 2016, 10:11:54 AM »
Oil and coal come from plant matter

Actually it is from both plant and animal... there just happened to be more plants.

Science Daily

Fossil fuel is a general term for buried combustible geologic deposits of organic materials, formed from decayed plants and animals that have been converted to crude oil, coal, natural gas, or heavy oils by exposure to heat and pressure in the earth's crust over hundreds of millions of years.
Consider the food chain: from a biomass perspective, it's mostly plant matter.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4646
« Reply #17537 on: May 16, 2016, 11:38:58 AM »

Actually it is from both plant and animal... there just happened to be more plants.

Science Daily

Fossil fuel is a general term for buried combustible geologic deposits of organic materials, formed from decayed plants and animals that have been converted to crude oil, coal, natural gas, or heavy oils by exposure to heat and pressure in the earth's crust over hundreds of millions of years.

And yes, if you look at what I wrote - now turned red - you'll see I already said that.

[I was just sharing something that George Takei shared on Facebook that I thought others might find amusing.]
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 11:47:44 AM by LucasM »
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #17538 on: May 16, 2016, 11:49:59 AM »
Paladins are the best class in D&D. And Warforged are the best race in D&D.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #17539 on: May 16, 2016, 12:30:18 PM »

Which D&D?

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3563
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #17540 on: May 16, 2016, 01:18:07 PM »

That is completely racist. Orc lives matter.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #17541 on: May 16, 2016, 01:55:35 PM »

Which D&D?

Any and all. Paladins are so much fun to play. Warforged are interesting forever.

Offline TheRealUncleDes

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 54
  • It began with a simple murder
« Reply #17542 on: May 16, 2016, 02:51:55 PM »

Science Daily

And yes, if you look at what I wrote - now turned red - you'll see I already said that.

[I was just sharing something that George Takei shared on Facebook that I thought others might find amusing.]
You're implying it's a random coincidence, not a necessary prerequisite. Please now turn red.
I don't find Stratton and Varney funny.
Doesn't make me a bad person.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #17543 on: May 16, 2016, 03:45:14 PM »
Came across another 'internet rat' as I'm calling them..
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw5bAW4goqNuEVN6NLDqZmQ
This channel uploads over 150 of my most popular videos to their channel to steal ad revenue.
You Tube doesn't make it easy to report channels, just individual videos so I had to spend the last several hours copy and pasting hyperlinks to report each individual video for copyright claims.
I have a headache now  >:(

Instead of reporting each to YouTube, possibly report each one AND YouTube to the Attorney General's office for theft of intellectual property (pointing out YouTube doesn't make reporting an entity possible, just individual items).  Don't know if that would work, but might be worth a try, given the sheer volume of theft.  And at the very least, if the Attorney General's office gets involved, they may 'wake up' YouTube enough to make it possible to report entities, not just individual vids.

Not sure which attorney general one would report to... the one from your state, the state that YouTube exists in, or simply the Federal Attorney General, since YouTube goes across state lines.
And... THEY'RE GONE!!
Fosikeco Sinike has been terminated because we received multiple third-party claims of copyright infringement regarding material the user posted.
8)

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4646
« Reply #17544 on: May 16, 2016, 04:39:00 PM »

Science Daily

You're implying it's a random coincidence, not a necessary prerequisite. Please now turn red.

To read what I wrote as meaning that, one HAS to be deliberately LOOKING to see something wrong in what was written, or at the very least ignoring ANY possible alternative way of reading it.

I am not red.  But I'm done.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline TheRealUncleDes

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 54
  • It began with a simple murder
« Reply #17545 on: May 16, 2016, 04:58:53 PM »

Science Daily

To read what I wrote as meaning that, one HAS to be deliberately LOOKING to see something wrong in what was written, or at the very least ignoring ANY possible alternative way of reading it.

I am not red.  But I'm done.
So you directly nitpicked me and now can't take it when I do it back? Get a life.
I don't find Stratton and Varney funny.
Doesn't make me a bad person.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2645
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #17546 on: May 16, 2016, 05:02:05 PM »
Someone doesn't seem to remember who nitpicked first....

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 91
    • Yep, I have a deviantART gallery. But it's pretty cheerful drawings-- no angsty poems or black-and-white photos of wooden chairs.
« Reply #17547 on: May 16, 2016, 06:44:17 PM »
If Sean Bean ever played a redshirt, would he even make it as far as the away mission, or would he just spontaneously combust?
I used to have an image here, but Photobucket got cheap about remote linking. I guess I'll have to think of something witty instead. Which I will. Later. It caught me by surprise, in all honesty. It's hard to be clever on command, I mean, YOU try it. Be funny: NOW! See, tough. So, gimme a bit, 'kay?

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #17548 on: May 16, 2016, 10:04:18 PM »
Show me someone whining "everyone's so offended these days" and 90% of the time I'll show you a straight, white guy frustrated that he's too scared to throw around his favorite slurs as much as he'd like
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #17549 on: May 17, 2016, 03:41:32 AM »
And I found another rat bastard using clips from one of my pressure washing videos here:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/K1XxUz2Ewg4" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/K1XxUz2Ewg4</a>
Time index 0:43 - 0:54 and again at 3:05 - 4:14 are clips from my original video here:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/nVpNBYczN1k" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/nVpNBYczN1k</a>
Filed 2 more copyright claims for each time index..
Guess I'm going to have to keep being vigilant about my videos being ganked like this  :grr: