Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1791157 times)

Offline anais.butterfly

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1382
  • Monkey Brains!
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #15975 on: October 07, 2015, 05:32:18 AM »
What does it look like when one of your facebook friend blocks you?

LOL!!   :clap:

I am seriously curious. I knew a super-Republican (the kind that admits to watching nothing but Fox News all day) and we got into an argument about Bernie. Then, I noticed that I hadn't seen any of her laughable, hate-filled posts. When I go to her page, I see no posts past the time her and I had that argument, so I was wondering if she blocked me.

Which is awesome, because in the battle of "who blocks who first" I WIN! I could tolerate her BS more than she could tolerate my logic.
Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2639
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #15976 on: October 07, 2015, 05:54:10 AM »
I have no idea - can you post on her timeline? (You don't have to actually post)
FINE

soguru

« Reply #15977 on: October 07, 2015, 06:51:16 AM »
I don't know myself, it's been about four months since I was last on FB. I might go back some day but it's going to be a while. In the meantime, and... (I'm not kidding about this), this is the ONLY place on the internet or anywhere else I socially interact with other people online. No, I'm serious. I don't do twitter, IG, Skype, or any other kind of IM service. I have this forum, one e-mail address and that's it. I guess I'd rather just try and keep my life as simple as I possibly can.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #15978 on: October 07, 2015, 07:27:51 AM »
It's slow on the Rifftrax forum today. What's eveyone up to?

Work.

Trying for the third damn day to mod Elder Scrolls: Oblivion.

Catch up on The Strain and Cutthroat Kitchen.

Pizza.

Skyrim is a better game. Morrowind is better than Skyrim. Don't mod Morrowind(Except to let it play 1080p) or Oblivion(not worth the headache)

I've finished Skyrim and all its DLC. Morrowind back in ye olden Xbox (original) days.

I'm trying to overhaul Oblivion BECAUSE it's hard. For I am of the:

I don't know, man, I think that there's tremendous replay value in Skyrim. That's why I'm at 900+hours.

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4481
« Reply #15979 on: October 07, 2015, 07:47:07 AM »
Just got the Pioneer Blu-Ray Burner as gift to use as an external Blu-Ray drive and had install Power DVD 12 that was included because neither Windows Media Player nor VLC could actually play the disc.  Power DVD works fine, though I may run into issues in the future trying to locate certain features on a disk.

Online MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2646
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #15980 on: October 07, 2015, 08:05:45 AM »
Just got the Pioneer Blu-Ray Burner as gift to use as an external Blu-Ray drive and had install Power DVD 12 that was included because neither Windows Media Player nor VLC could actually play the disc.  Power DVD works fine, though I may run into issues in the future trying to locate certain features on a disk.

I paid for Power DVD when I first got a Blu-ray drive, it needed constant updates to play newer discs, and then they wanted money for more updates.  So when it got to the point I couldn't play a bunch of my discs I dumped them and went with the Blu-ray player in Nero.

Been so long I forget why programs like VLC don't do Blu-ray, I know the decryption has been figured out long ago.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #15981 on: October 07, 2015, 08:21:40 AM »

I am seriously curious. I knew a super-Republican (the kind that admits to watching nothing but Fox News all day) and we got into an argument about Bernie. Then, I noticed that I hadn't seen any of her laughable, hate-filled posts. When I go to her page, I see no posts past the time her and I had that argument, so I was wondering if she blocked me.

Which is awesome, because in the battle of "who blocks who first" I WIN! I could tolerate her BS more than she could tolerate my logic.
If they had blocked you you wouldn't have seen that much, I assume they defriended you though based on your description.

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
« Reply #15982 on: October 07, 2015, 09:00:48 AM »

I paid for Power DVD when I first got a Blu-ray drive, it needed constant updates to play newer discs, and then they wanted money for more updates.  So when it got to the point I couldn't play a bunch of my discs I dumped them and went with the Blu-ray player in Nero.

Been so long I forget why programs like VLC don't do Blu-ray, I know the decryption has been figured out long ago.
Know where I can pick up Nero or a good player software?

Online MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2646
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #15983 on: October 07, 2015, 10:31:35 AM »
Hmmm, all the different packages on the Nero.com site and I don't see a list of the ones that include the blu-ray player.  I bought the full Nero suite many years ago so when I upgrade every 4 years or so it's at a big discount, looks like the full suite (Nero Platinum) is on sale now for about $80 if you are a new customer.  I like their video editing software and of course Nero Burning Rom for making all kinds of discs from CDs to Blu-rays.  They have a bunch of cheaper packages but it's not obvious which one you'd have to buy to get Blu-ray playback.

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
« Reply #15984 on: October 07, 2015, 10:42:25 AM »
Yeah, I just need something that will play Blu-Rays.  I may end up getting the Fantasia Blu-ray and will possibly need to access one of the features (the Claire de lune sequence).

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 527
  • Just letting fly with a flat "douchebag"
« Reply #15985 on: October 07, 2015, 10:43:07 AM »

I understand....I was just laughing at Grug.  ;)   I have never been on facebook.  I'm proud of you for getting blocked!  :highfive:
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 527
  • Just letting fly with a flat "douchebag"
« Reply #15986 on: October 07, 2015, 01:20:15 PM »
It's slow on the Rifftrax forum today. What's eveyone up to?

It's not really slow. It just seems that way because RVR isn't posting as much.  ;D

I've been waiting for gifs to load for the last week.  :speechless:
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
« Reply #15987 on: October 07, 2015, 02:34:20 PM »
A preacher friend of mine blocked me on facebook, for being too reasonable (serious), basically I couldn't comment on anything they said or post on their wall.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4650
« Reply #15988 on: October 07, 2015, 03:00:33 PM »
I don't do Facebook, so I can't comment on that.

In the random thought vein:

With season 2 of Gotham, I wasn't sure there was anything potentially worse than apparently giving the Joker a backstory [seemed like it for episodes 1 and 2]... and then episode 3
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

soguru

« Reply #15989 on: October 07, 2015, 07:33:27 PM »
Seriously?! That pisses me off. I'm going back to watching Justice League and Justice League Unlimited.