login

Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1786255 times)

Quantum Vagina

Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #14760 on: June 17, 2015, 07:51:15 PM »
For some reason the thought crossed through my head tonight of Kansas with a neckbeard and tipping Nebraska while saying "M'ssouri."

Evening naps make me strange.

soguru

« Reply #14761 on: June 17, 2015, 10:01:42 PM »
For some reason the thought crossed through my head tonight of Kansas with a neckbeard and tipping Nebraska while saying "M'ssouri."
I don't like napping either. Really screws up my sleep cycle.

I wanted to ask... what does it take for someone to love you enough that they actually are willing to spend the rest of their life with you? I mean, I see younger people getting married left and right, I wonder to myself... how did they do that? I mean how do you meet somebody, get past your ego issues to the point where love takes center stage to such a beautiful intensity that you want to put a ring on each others fingers and declare this person your own?

I really, really want to know what that feels like. The idea of someone loving me that much really makes me happy. I know marriage is a big time commitment... and I don't need that(unless of course my someday partner desires). I just need somebody who'll love me so much we could potentially spend lots and lots of time together out in the world: at dinner, mall-walking, going shopping, going on vacations, making each other insanely happy with delight by our mere presence with one another. I know it's probably a lot of work, but this kind of loving relationship is something I think I have needed for such a long time.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #14762 on: June 18, 2015, 05:37:28 AM »
Ramadan Mubarak!  :)
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #14763 on: June 18, 2015, 06:23:03 AM »

I wanted to ask... what does it take for someone to love you enough that they actually are willing to spend the rest of their life with you? I mean, I see younger people getting married left and right, I wonder to myself... how did they do that? I mean how do you meet somebody, get past your ego issues to the point where love takes center stage to such a beautiful intensity that you want to put a ring on each others fingers and declare this person your own?

I think getting married younger is a monumentally bad idea. To me it seems like twenty somethings all over the country are just getting married left and right, and I don't buy that rushing into that major commitment is a good thing. I'm not saying it doesn't work, but it seems iffy to me at best.

I know I love my boyfriend. He and I talk about the whole getting married thing, but we talk about it like it's a distant future, not like he's going to come to America and visit with a ring in his pocket and we're going to get hitched. Right now in my life, I want to spend my life with him. Ten years down the line I may not. Why would I lock myself down in my twenties? Don't put the idea of marriage as something to be attained. Marriage should happen naturally, and it seems like relationships fall out of unexpected locations. I certainly did not see myself falling for a Dutch guy who's 8000 km away, but I did.

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 604
  • In a not too distant future far, far away. . . .
    • Facebook
« Reply #14764 on: June 18, 2015, 08:09:02 AM »

I really, really want to know what that feels like. The idea of someone loving me that much really makes me happy. I know marriage is a big time commitment... and I don't need that(unless of course my someday partner desires). I just need somebody who'll love me so much we could potentially spend lots and lots of time together out in the world: at dinner, mall-walking, going shopping, going on vacations, making each other insanely happy with delight by our mere presence with one another. I know it's probably a lot of work, but this kind of loving relationship is something I think I have needed for such a long time.

I'll tell you how to do it wrong. Be looking for it. Force it when it's not right. Or jump into it without really knowing the person you're committing to for life. My problem was that I thought because of my upbringing that marriage is just something you do in your early to mid twenties as a stage of life. And I was late to the game because I didn't get married until I was 28. I loved my wife, I think, but not in the way that's necessary for that kind of commitment. And we had serious issues in differences in our personalities that would've come to light if we'd dated longer before getting engaged after only 6 months. I see plenty of happily married couples out there, so I don't think marriage is a sham. I do think that it's something not to be taken lightly, though, and not something to jump into blindly like I did. What I'm saying is, don't force it because you think it's something you should have. Make sure it's the right person at the right time.

Offline MSTJedi

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 604
  • In a not too distant future far, far away. . . .
    • Facebook
« Reply #14765 on: June 18, 2015, 11:42:35 AM »
Plus, the sex should be great.

There's that, too. Quality (sexual compatibility) is important, but so is quantity. Within reason, of course. Everyone has busy lives that need to be worked around, but if it gets infrequent enough that you're dissatisfied, then it's a clear sign something could be seriously wrong that needs to be dealt with ASAP. Mind you, all of this is hindsight. It's too late in my case, but for you, forewarned is forearmed. And at least I know for any future relationship.

Also, never be afraid to fight. Without disagreements, nothing gets resolved. That was another failing in my marriage. Mostly on my part. She would criticize me and I never called her on it. And by doing that, all I did was prolong our misery. We may have broken things off years ago if I had stood up for myself, but at least it would've been honest. Honesty is key in any long-term relationship.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #14766 on: June 18, 2015, 11:47:39 AM »
Plus, the sex should be great.

There's that, too. Quality (sexual compatibility) is important, but so is quantity. Within reason, of course. Everyone has busy lives that need to be worked around, but if it gets infrequent enough that you're dissatisfied, then it's a clear sign something could be seriously wrong that needs to be dealt with ASAP. Mind you, all of this is hindsight. It's too late in my case, but for you, forewarned is forearmed. And at least I know for any future relationship.

Also, never be afraid to fight. Without disagreements, nothing gets resolved. That was another failing in my marriage. Mostly on my part. She would criticize me and I never called her on it. And by doing that, all I did was prolong our misery. We may have broken things off years ago if I had stood up for myself, but at least it would've been honest. Honesty is key in any long-term relationship.

I agree that sexual intimacy is really important. In a long distance relationship, it's really hard for us to get that but we make do rather well. Skype is a wonderful thing ;)

soguru

« Reply #14767 on: June 18, 2015, 08:08:36 PM »
I've got two pairs of glasses with metal frames now, and I find metal frames to be VERY uncomfortable. Any hacks for making the nose pads and ear pieces a little more comfortable?

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4641
« Reply #14768 on: June 18, 2015, 09:08:05 PM »
I've got two pairs of glasses with metal frames now, and I find metal frames to be VERY uncomfortable. Any hacks for making the nose pads and ear pieces a little more comfortable?

If you can find some in an inobtrusive color, for the ear pieces you could try some of the liquid rubber dip you can buy in a hardware store for tool handles.  I'd test it on a piece of wire about the same size as the earpiece to see how thick it is though (it may be way too thick, making it just 'differently uncomfortable').  At a hobby shop they may have 'paint on' latex rubber (like, for mold-making of tiny, intricate parts) that you could try also.

Not sure for the nose pieces.  You could ask at the shop where you got the frames if they have any softer ones that could fit.  Many of the plastic nose pieces are held in by either tiny screws or a ball and socket type pressure and can be exchanged easily.

Hope one of those might help a bit.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

soguru

« Reply #14769 on: June 18, 2015, 09:10:14 PM »
Well, I'll check into it. Thank you Lucas. :)

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
« Reply #14770 on: June 18, 2015, 09:53:04 PM »
I still have to order some new glasses this summer. It's been 4 years or so since my last pair. Got my eyes checked in...March I think, and my prescription has changed (weirdly, my eyes have gotten BETTER), but the place I got them checked wanted $400 for a pair of glasses, so fuck them.  Will do either discounteyewear or warby parker or something like that online.

Funny... I first read that as "Discountey eWear". ;D  I am clearly WAYYYY too far past my capacity today!
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

soguru

« Reply #14771 on: June 18, 2015, 10:19:21 PM »
I still have to order some new glasses this summer. It's been 4 years or so since my last pair. Got my eyes checked in...March I think, and my prescription has changed (weirdly, my eyes have gotten BETTER),
For most patients I usually recommend Retnax V.

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #14772 on: June 19, 2015, 01:03:29 AM »
Was perusing Netflix on my Kindle whilst I cooked a burger on the George Foreman.

So much to watch and nothing good. Settled on Saw 2 more or less randomly.  Not really enjoying it.

Early in Jigsaw says "There will be blood." and I thought "Now THERE is a good movie!" and started watching that.

I abandoned my Jigsaw! I've abandoned my horror flick!

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
« Reply #14773 on: June 19, 2015, 02:42:30 AM »

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #14774 on: June 19, 2015, 07:05:50 AM »

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
I hate getting old :'(