login

Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1785363 times)

Quantum Vagina

Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #14625 on: June 02, 2015, 07:13:03 AM »
I had a friendship that recently just fell completely apart. I tried resolving things... admittedly, the wrong way. Talking to their friends and family, asking what I should do, and what I did wrong. That eventually led to a lot of very deep unpleasantness. Now they don't want me contacting them or their friends ever again... in terms that scared me a bit. Now i'm freaking out a little.

I've been there. A few years ago I had a very similar situation. If you want to talk about it shoot me a message. I'm actually dealing with a loss of major friendships in my life right now, too.

soguru

« Reply #14626 on: June 02, 2015, 07:21:16 AM »
Thanks QV. I appreciate it a lot. Everything that's been going on feels like a whirlwind. People have been throwing around a lot of accusations at me that feel like nobody's giving me a fair shake or the opportunity to explain my side of things. I find that to be very, very unfair and sickening.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2640
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #14627 on: June 02, 2015, 08:15:07 AM »
Repeat after me everyone:

Remakes. Do. Not. Alter. The. Original. Movie. Nobody. Is. Changing. Or. Taking. The. Original. Movies. Away. And. Nobody. Will. Make. You. Watch. The. Remake. Just. Focus. On. Entertainment. You. Do. Like.

Remakes. Alter. Original. Old. Movie. Dies. Forever. Obama. Makes. Me. Watch. New. Shit.

I think I did that wrong.

remakes. cause. jet. fuel. to. melt. steel. beams.
I. Stretch. 4:3. shows. to. fit. 16:9. screens. to. eliminate. those. annoying. black. side. bars. therefore. I. am. a. evil. human. being. :o

Not evil, just misguided.

I don't know, "avoiding black bars" sounds kind of evil.... 

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 527
  • Just letting fly with a flat "douchebag"
« Reply #14628 on: June 02, 2015, 09:24:50 AM »
Repeat after me everyone:

Remakes. Do. Not. Alter. The. Original. Movie. Nobody. Is. Changing. Or. Taking. The. Original. Movies. Away. And. Nobody. Will. Make. You. Watch. The. Remake. Just. Focus. On. Entertainment. You. Do. Like.

Did someone say something to you on the Tweety?

No, it was a build up of being sick of impotent nerd-rage which came to a head with people being mad about the remake of one of my favorite movies ever, I'm just tired of the childish "this isn't for me therefore I should not exist" mentality.

Ah.  I could see where that would get old very fast.  Your advice to us all is right on the nose.  So, I shall repeat after you:
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5707
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #14629 on: June 02, 2015, 09:38:43 AM »
While no one is forcing you to watch the remake, I can understand the frustration at the endless advertisements and people talking about it on social media.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #14630 on: June 02, 2015, 07:11:36 PM »
While no one is forcing you to watch the remake, I can understand the frustration at the endless advertisements and people talking about it on social media.

Why? who cares? I see ads and people talking about things I don't care about all the time, like every time football happens for example.  It's not something I care about so I don't pay attention
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2638
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #14631 on: June 02, 2015, 07:46:45 PM »

Why? who cares? I see ads and people talking about things I don't care about all the time, like every time football happens for example.  It's not something I care about so I don't pay attention

You pay attention to the people paying attention to the remakes though.
FINE

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #14632 on: June 02, 2015, 07:48:00 PM »

Not caring and not being able to stand something are 2 different things.  If you couldn't stand football and it was constantly being talked about by everyone you know I think you would feel differently.

In fact you are complaining about something you seem to hate, why can't you stop paying attention to people nerd raging against certain movies?

(darn it Grug, stole my last line while I was typing it...)

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
    • Facebook
« Reply #14633 on: June 02, 2015, 07:50:50 PM »

Not caring and not being able to stand something are 2 different things.  If you couldn't stand football and it was constantly being talked about by everyone you know I think you would feel differently.

In fact you are complaining about something you seem to hate, why can't you stop paying attention to people nerd raging against certain movies?

(darn it Grug, stole my last line while I was typing it...)

I largely do, thanks to bullshit like Gamergate it's hardly the biggest example of bad nerd behaviour but it's just so pointless and stupid. 
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2638
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #14634 on: June 02, 2015, 07:51:19 PM »
FINE

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #14635 on: June 02, 2015, 08:30:48 PM »

soguru

« Reply #14636 on: June 02, 2015, 10:08:03 PM »
My therapist told me I need to work on having clearer boundaries in my relationships. I can't believe how damn dense I am. I really should have thought about that a LONG time ago! But I think for a lot of us, we don't think of it. But someone pointed the importance of it a long time ago to me, and that was anais.jude. Thank you so much Anais. :)

I also need to work on my anger. It doesn't really surface, but it's buried deep down inside me somewhere. I also need to learn to wait to respond to something if I see something that upsets me. Usually that's not a big problem because my replies are a lot more tempered than they used to be. I used to be an angry little asshole all the time.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
    • Facebook
« Reply #14637 on: June 02, 2015, 10:59:47 PM »
Then... I'm really glad I came back to the forum because I lost some friends today. I still don't completely understand how all this happened. I didn't want to play the blame game or jump to conclusions. I know one thing for sure-- If you've got a problem with anything I say, you need to come and talk to me about it. It doesn't matter if you think I've hurt your feelings. If I did something offensive, tell me it was so that I know to never to do it again. Friends for me are in short supply so it's always important to settle things and settle them quickly so there isn't this buildup of animosity on either side. Sigh... this has been a sad day.

I'm sorry that you lost friends today.  That is always difficult. :(  And I fully agree with what you said, if people have a problem with something I say or do, it is their responsibility to tell me. 

This seems pretty optimistic
Scottotd on Instagram

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4641
« Reply #14638 on: June 03, 2015, 10:25:22 AM »
Then... I'm really glad I came back to the forum because I lost some friends today. I still don't completely understand how all this happened. I didn't want to play the blame game or jump to conclusions. I know one thing for sure-- If you've got a problem with anything I say, you need to come and talk to me about it. It doesn't matter if you think I've hurt your feelings. If I did something offensive, tell me it was so that I know to never to do it again. Friends for me are in short supply so it's always important to settle things and settle them quickly so there isn't this buildup of animosity on either side. Sigh... this has been a sad day.

I'm sorry that you lost friends today.  That is always difficult. :(  And I fully agree with what you said, if people have a problem with something I say or do, it is their responsibility to tell me. 

This seems pretty optimistic

I don't necessarily expect it to happen - it is just that I don't take responsibility for other people's inability to communicate.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

soguru

« Reply #14639 on: June 03, 2015, 11:26:13 AM »
I was kind of in a tough spot. The situation made me so sad. :( I also felt like a total creep. I'm just letting go and moving on
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 11:44:09 AM by Soguru »