Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1914700 times)

Offline anais.butterfly

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1384
  • Monkey Brains!
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #13065 on: February 04, 2015, 08:10:34 AM »
Yeah that's weird ???
I encourage our part timers to point out and even correct any discrepancies they come across. It shows initiative.
Why a boss or manager would discourage something like that makes me think they're poor in their own managing skills or take offense that someone beneath them would bring something to their attention that they should have thought of first  :-\

I would LOVE having you for a boss, RVR  :highfive:
Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 4613
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #13066 on: February 04, 2015, 08:35:19 AM »
Yeah that's weird ???
I encourage our part timers to point out and even correct any discrepancies they come across. It shows initiative.
Why a boss or manager would discourage something like that makes me think they're poor in their own managing skills or take offense that someone beneath them would bring something to their attention that they should have thought of first  :-\

;D
I'd love to hire you but unfortunately things in my business are not improving.. :-\
In fact, I'm looking for a full time job again; possibly working for the Post office.. Hope to hear from them soon

Offline anais.butterfly

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1384
  • Monkey Brains!
« Reply #13067 on: February 04, 2015, 09:07:46 AM »
Yeah that's weird ???

;D
I'd love to hire you but unfortunately things in my business are not improving.. :-\
In fact, I'm looking for a full time job again; possibly working for the Post office.. Hope to hear from them soon

Are you going to get some pointers on pooping in cornfields from BTA?
Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #13068 on: February 04, 2015, 09:12:49 AM »
Yeah that's weird ???

;D

Already have, though being in the city, there are no cornfields to be found.. :scared:
The woods will be my best bet :P

Online Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6329
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #13069 on: February 04, 2015, 10:05:04 AM »
Yeah that's weird ???

;D

Already have, though being in the city, there are no cornfields to be found.. :scared:
Just don't steal the bears' toilet paper.

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #13070 on: February 04, 2015, 10:15:14 AM »
Yeah that's weird ???

;D

Just don't steal the bears' toilet paper.
Yeah that could be baad :speechless:

Soguru

« Reply #13071 on: February 05, 2015, 10:42:38 PM »
At this juncture I think it's only fair that I point out that if a bear shits in the woods, said bear is probably also quite used to having to utilize foliage to clean the backside.

Offline Space version 2.0

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 719
« Reply #13072 on: February 06, 2015, 02:21:17 AM »
Yeah that's weird ???

;D

What kind of job were you applying for there?

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #13073 on: February 06, 2015, 04:59:45 AM »
Yeah that's weird ???

;D

What kind of job were you applying for there?
1st job was a Rural Carrier and the 2nd was a City Carrier (Hoping I get the Rural Carrier position)

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #13074 on: February 07, 2015, 01:51:13 AM »
I'm 24 today, and I'm immediately associating with it. No idea why. Even more weird is I'm looking at posts from 20-23 year olds and feel like an adult. Dammit. I'm too young to feel old. -_-

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #13075 on: February 07, 2015, 05:02:35 AM »
I'm 24 today... Dammit. I'm too young to feel old. -_-
Just wait till you get into your mid 40s  :scared:

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #13076 on: February 07, 2015, 05:35:20 AM »
Turned 48 last December. I fucking remember flaired jeans, Elvis, and moonlandings.

I lived through the age of Disco, goddammit!

Pffttht. 24 indeed.

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #13077 on: February 07, 2015, 07:23:20 AM »
You know what, you start to feel old at any age.  I know it isn't the most helpful advice to say don't worry about it, but you really shouldn't.  Heck, I think you'll learn to stop.  Oh, that feeling will always come back from time to time, but then you'll also have feelings were you feel young and energetic.  I think anyway.  It wouldn't be fair to generalize.  Just basing things on my human condition.

And there are advantages to feeling old depending on how you feel old.  If you feel old in the sense that you feel like you can be someone's mentor or someone who seems dependable in a certain way, and that's a good feeling.

In some ways, I feel old, but in others, I feel like someone who is still a child acting like an adult and thinking that I am the exception.  But I don't think I am (especially since in recent years there seems to be a lot of pop culture that explores that concept).

I'll admit this is more stream of consciousness on my thoughts of aging, but here's my advice: as I said, from time to time you're going to get hung up on it, probably.  And I know you've been through enough so a The Room-style "don't worry about it" isn't a sufficient answer sometimes.  But I think you are going to find yourself feeling, if not "young", then perhaps vibrant, re-invigorate or energetic and know that you will experience things that will make you question this whole "how old do I feel".

So I guess, I am saying "don't get hung up on it".  At least in terms of expectations of what age and what you might be expected to feel.

Hmm...  Does that even help.  All you really said is "I feel kind of old recently".  I hope some of my ramblings produced something to take in.

Online Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6329
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #13078 on: February 07, 2015, 09:01:03 AM »
Very well put, Johnny. I am 38, so I am certainly middle aged, but I am fortunate enough to still be healthy (althoug I need to lose some weight). So while I often feel that I am too old, it is mostly emotional from society's, and my own, expectations of me.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3054
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #13079 on: February 07, 2015, 02:00:04 PM »
The good news is these other guys are making me feel young.
FINE