Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1913824 times)

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4992
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #13050 on: February 03, 2015, 03:28:17 AM »
Getting on a 15 hour flight to New Zealand for our honeymoon! See you guys in two weeks.

Hmmm... I guess 'Variety' really is the spice of life - or at least the spice of someone's life. ;)

Congrats! :)
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3620
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #13051 on: February 03, 2015, 08:38:18 AM »
Catching up on listening to the Cracked podcast, and I found this quote to be pretty insightful:

Of the many useless words written on the internet, I think people criticizing culture they lack the proper context to understand is the most pointless and prodigious waster of time and energy on an internet that is jam-packed with the ruins of people’s wasted time and energy. The internet’s number one export is fool’s errands.

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #13052 on: February 03, 2015, 04:26:38 PM »
It is scary, how many times a day I speak with people that think Fire TVs and Fire TV Sticks generate their own "internet".

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1457
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #13053 on: February 03, 2015, 04:32:14 PM »
Do some people think remakes are recorded over copies of the original or are they just whiny assholes?
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Quirk

« Reply #13054 on: February 03, 2015, 05:22:49 PM »
I wonder how close we are to isolating and fixing the gene that causes some people to repeat movie lines right after they've happened.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3053
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #13055 on: February 03, 2015, 05:45:17 PM »
Right after they happened!
FINE

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6326
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #13056 on: February 03, 2015, 05:52:40 PM »
fixing the gene...DAMNIT!

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #13057 on: February 03, 2015, 06:18:32 PM »
I wonder how close we are to finding and correcting the DNA that causes some people to repeat movie lines right after they've occurred.

I think I'd prefer it if they found the gene that makes people incorrectly quote movie lines.

Quirk

« Reply #13058 on: February 03, 2015, 06:45:05 PM »
I wonder how close we are to finding and correcting the DNA that causes some people to repeat movie lines right after they've occurred.

I think I'd prefer it if they found the gene that makes people incorrectly quote movie lines.

:clap:

EDIT: Actually, likes all around!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 06:49:21 PM by Quirk »

Online The Lurker

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 5015
« Reply #13059 on: February 03, 2015, 06:52:33 PM »
🎶Nationwide your kid just died🎶

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
« Reply #13060 on: February 03, 2015, 07:58:34 PM »

Hmmmm...    <Ahnold>"I'll return shortly!"</Ahnold>

Agree with both thoughts.  And I would add: find and eliminate the genes that cause people to make animated GIFs of key plot points and immediately use them online.

e.g. I was rather pissed to see the animated GIF [spoiler for Guardians of the Galaxy]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
when I was finally able to see the film, as it gave away the ultimate resolution of what would otherwise have been a potential emotional part of the film.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Soguru

« Reply #13061 on: February 03, 2015, 10:01:34 PM »
"Cause the transporter to redirect my molecules to a position proximal to yours, Mister Scott!"

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
« Reply #13062 on: February 04, 2015, 01:07:16 AM »
Seems we may have the underpinnings of a potential new thread here. ;D

Offline anais.butterfly

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1384
  • Monkey Brains!
« Reply #13063 on: February 04, 2015, 07:42:02 AM »
I don't get business (apparently). I have been working with my brother at his side job. It's a new company that is trying to get their website up and running. I was tasked with updating the phone number and website address on two documents. Ok, no problem. But.... when I mentioned that there were a LOT of simple grammatical mistakes, my brother basically lectured me and said I wasn't hired to do anything but the task assigned to me.

I want to help the company, so if I see something that can easily be fixed, why wouldn't I want to change it (or at least point it out)?

This is what I don't get. Working at my last company was the same way. I guess I was too low on the totem pole to be allowed to point out the stupid things the company was doing.

I don't understand. Good thing I will be my own boss in my new career!
Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 4605
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #13064 on: February 04, 2015, 08:05:45 AM »
Yeah that's weird ???
I encourage our part timers to point out and even correct any discrepancies they come across. It shows initiative.
Why a boss or manager would discourage something like that makes me think they're poor in their own managing skills or take offense that someone beneath them would bring something to their attention that they should have thought of first  :-\