Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1804246 times)

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4662
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #12990 on: January 26, 2015, 10:37:15 AM »
My wife's friend's kid looks like a ventriloquist's dummy. I find him super creepy.

Does he like ham?
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Online Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1545
« Reply #12991 on: January 26, 2015, 11:06:31 AM »
Guess who has two thumbs and showed up 2 hours early for her doctors appointment because she thought it was at 10 and not 11? >_<

Is it Werner Herzog's character from Jack Reacher? No, that can't be right.

LIKE!

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5896
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #12992 on: January 26, 2015, 11:22:26 AM »
I have no idea.

Here's the pic in question:
(spoilered for the infantophobic)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Maybe I just hate other babies.
I don't find him creepy, but I do get what you are talking about.

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 527
  • Just letting fly with a flat "douchebag"
« Reply #12993 on: January 26, 2015, 12:21:07 PM »
 8)  @ QV
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

jonalame

« Reply #12994 on: January 26, 2015, 04:47:16 PM »
MIKU. I find your love of this strange vocaloid music thing strange, but I certainly can't question your devotion to MST3K or Rifftrax and I appreciated reading your input in the "Finish Harry Potter, damn it!" thread. The board needs more new members like yourself. There is no thread for telling people you think they are cool and it usually comes out strange when I do it in say... any thread, so here we are. Alright.

Soguru

« Reply #12995 on: January 26, 2015, 08:27:44 PM »
I recently discovered a new dimension to my brain disorder. Part of my brain insists on reading too much into certain things.  :( That is not a good thing.

Offline RandyMistie

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 116
  • Hello!
« Reply #12996 on: January 26, 2015, 09:03:40 PM »
Yes, that has been a bane of mine my whole life.... overthinking... example: A crossword puzzle, 3 Down; begins with F, the clue was "Armada" I was thinking of every Spanish word for ships, sloops, sails, Greek, Latin, Chinese, Japanese...

"Fleet", obviously. So stupid... I have too much junk in my head, I fear.

Hi!  I'm Randy and I'm a Riffaholic...

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #12997 on: January 26, 2015, 10:08:01 PM »
My wife's friend's kid looks like a ventriloquist's dummy. I find him super creepy.

Does he like ham?

Lucas, Can you explain? I don't get the ham reference.  :o
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #12998 on: January 26, 2015, 10:09:31 PM »
I have no idea.

Here's the pic in question:
(spoilered for the infantophobic)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Maybe I just hate other babies.

He looks familiar.  I don't mean I've seen this baby before, but he reminds me of some actor...like a baby pic of an adult actor.
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #12999 on: January 26, 2015, 10:10:18 PM »
MIKU. I find your love of this strange vocaloid music thing strange, but I certainly can't question your devotion to MST3K or Rifftrax and I appreciated reading your input in the "Finish Harry Potter, damn it!" thread. The board needs more new members like yourself. There is no thread for telling people you think they are cool and it usually comes out strange when I do it in say... any thread, so here we are. Alright.

Thank you very much!  What a nice thing to say. I like you, too!  8)
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #13000 on: January 26, 2015, 10:16:58 PM »
I recently discovered a new dimension to my brain disorder. Part of my brain insists on reading too much into certain things.  :( That is not a good thing.

Soguru,
     I recently watched some documentaries on various disorders...ones that involved people cutting themselves.  "They" determined that most people cut because it takes their mind off emotional pain.  Some doctor tried an experiment. She had her patients hold ice cubes in their hands, when they felt like cutting.  The ice cubes start hurting pretty quickly, and her patients that used the ice cubes stopped cutting themselves. 

Worth a try, next time you have intense emotional pain. 

I have an anxiety disorder. I don't self-mutilate or anything like that. But, I do seriously over-think things. When I knew I was going to meet MKB this past summer, I was very nervous, wondering what to say to them.   i finally decided to not think about it at all, and just show up, with no preplanned comments or questions.  I ended up having a great time, and wasn't anxious at all. 

It's an ingrained habit, over-thinking.  If you can, try to NOT think about things, and see how they work out, if you just "wing it."
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #13001 on: January 26, 2015, 10:19:41 PM »
Yes, that has been a bane of mine my whole life.... overthinking... example: A crossword puzzle, 3 Down; begins with F, the clue was "Armada" I was thinking of every Spanish word for ships, sloops, sails, Greek, Latin, Chinese, Japanese...

"Fleet", obviously. So stupid... I have too much junk in my head, I fear.

I went to psycho-therapy back in the late 80's.  A doctor told me, "Miku Fan, most people think a inch...you think  a mile."     That's fine, if you are doing it in a positive manner, but if you over-think something that's negative, or just "brain garbage," yeah, it becomes a pain.
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline RandyMistie

• Hello!
« Reply #13002 on: January 26, 2015, 10:42:24 PM »
Ham for Hugo, the ugly dummy.... MST3K; "Devil Doll" hilarious episode. Bad, bad movie. The fear of dummies or puppets is called "Anthrophobia" I know several people with this fear but I don't understand it. I have no fear of snakes or lizards, either but, spiders... whoa, lordy... A good sized spider will send me to ruin.

Whereas, I have sat with a fairly large alligator, knowing that she had fed recently and was not angry at me and simply communed with her. I even petted her snout. She was very sleepy... I could tell. I love rats. I nursed an American Brown Bat to health after it flew into my car windshield. I love bats.

It's funny, some of you have no fear of spiders. I can't understand that, LOL!!! Spiders are the most horrifying of creatures. When I was in Nevada, I saw a black scorpion the size of a lobster, I almost fled the state!

Oh, let me tell you this! I saw a doc about a family in Pennsylvania, (which is too damn close for my reckoning!) who are black widow anti-venin farmers. Their basement is full of thousands upon thousands of Black Widow spiders in little plastic drawers, and the husband, the wife, and the two teenage kids, milk the widow venom from the spiders and send it to pharmaceutical companies for anti-venin....

There are two farms in the US one here and one on the West Coast, I don't want to know where... It was horrifying, to me. They make good money, but it is hard work. It takes about 50 spiders to get an ounce of venom. Holy moly.... I feel faint just thinking about it...!

Anyways, I am just waxing philosophic as the snow comes down.

Soguru

« Reply #13003 on: January 26, 2015, 11:32:51 PM »
     I recently watched some documentaries on various disorders...ones that involved people cutting themselves.  "They" determined that most people cut because it takes their mind off emotional pain.  Some doctor tried an experiment. She had her patients hold ice cubes in their hands, when they felt like cutting.  The ice cubes start hurting pretty quickly, and her patients that used the ice cubes stopped cutting themselves. 
I do it because I'm punishing myself for something. These days I usually just hit myself with my fist. Sometimes I just can't help it, I'll be so upset, so angry that I couldn't carry out a rudimentary task or maintain the integrity of carrying out something so simple that I'll just hit myself. The ice cube thing does sound like an interesting alternative nonetheless. Maybe I'll give it a try. Thank you. :)
I have an anxiety disorder. I don't self-mutilate or anything like that. But, I do seriously over-think things. When I knew I was going to meet MKB this past summer, I was very nervous, wondering what to say to them.   i finally decided to not think about it at all, and just show up, with no preplanned comments or questions.  I ended up having a great time, and wasn't anxious at all.
I think I'm plagued with a lifetime of regrets. So many times I've thought about how if I could have changed something, or did something slightly different then things would have turned out so much better. I look forward to the appointment with my psychiatrist. I hope between counseling and some meds maybe I can get past some of my anxiety and paranoia. I fear that the depression isn't going to get much better. Ever since I left my old religion and took on a more atheistic view of the world, I've been so sad and depressed in having to cope with the belief that this life is the only one we have... and the thought that my mother and father will grow old and die someday.... that I may not have a child... it kills me, at the very least it pains me deeply.
It's an ingrained habit, over-thinking.  If you can, try to NOT think about things, and see how they work out, if you just "wing it."
I have some coping mechanisms I have developed. Sometimes they work, and some days I have to just keep repeating them in an effort to shut out the voices that say irrational things over and over.

Offline RandyMistie

• Hello!
« Reply #13004 on: January 27, 2015, 01:53:51 AM »
Soguru, what could you possibly be punishing yourself for! All of you who cut or otherwise hurt yourselves, why? You are good people.

I am just putting this out there, don't wear this shoe if it doesn't fit. Many cutters and self punishers do so because of some childhood abuse. If that is the case, you must understand that it is not your fault. Sounds hollow even as I type it...

Another reason is for attention. Although I don't believe that is true of you.

I have an anxiety disorder and I just drink through it, like an Irishman does, but, you may want to ask your doctor for Zanax or Vallium or some other of the Benzo family-- Lorazipam, Diazipam. I do not trust SSRI's or MAO inhibiters.

What made you guys so nervous? You are young, you are pretty, you have your whole life ahead of you! Infinite possibilities! Believe in yourself, and stop hurting yourself!

The Benzos can get you a good night's sleep-- sometimes, that is all you need to face the challenges of the day.

I wish I could help you more...