Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1896005 times)

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 7115
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #12945 on: January 17, 2015, 05:33:38 PM »
"oh, you're definitely hot, but i'm looking for someone with syphilis."
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 527
  • Just letting fly with a flat "douchebag"
« Reply #12946 on: January 17, 2015, 08:41:22 PM »
You've changed, since you got that new hat.
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Soguru

« Reply #12947 on: January 17, 2015, 10:23:53 PM »
My friend, she got a tattoo just the other day. She was in a LOT of pain. You have to understand, I just don't see the point of tattoos on certain parts of the body, especially when nobody's ever going to see them unless you're in swimwear or something. Also, I just could never possibly rationalize to myself the expense of body art, jewelry, etc. The way I see it, you're basically paying for the privilege of people saying "Hey, cool tattoo". Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticizing anybody who's into that stuff, I just could never see myself spending money on it.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 10:35:08 PM by Soguru »

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #12948 on: January 17, 2015, 10:58:01 PM »

I've always wanted to get something like this from Fallout.

A couple things stopping me:

Pathological fear of needles.
The dread that I'll hate myself at 80 years old for getting a game icon permanently drawn on me.

Plus, every hipster and his sister is doing it. I hate hipsters.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 4424
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #12949 on: January 18, 2015, 12:36:33 AM »
Just realized it's after 3:30am and Not 7:30am :speechless:

Soguru

« Reply #12950 on: January 18, 2015, 12:14:24 PM »
When that happens to me, I'll sit up in bed with my arm to support me, then after about 15-20 minutes, my body is ready to go back to sleep.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #12951 on: January 18, 2015, 02:37:52 PM »
When that happens to me, I'll sit up in bed with my arm to support me, then after about 15-20 minutes, my body is ready to go back to sleep.
I had already got up, popped open a morning Cherry Coke and started catching up on the web stuff till I looked and the little clock in the bottom right corner and then confirmed with 2 other clocks in the house.. So I downed my Coke and went back to bed and then woke up at 9am :o

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3596
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #12952 on: January 18, 2015, 04:06:02 PM »

I've always wanted to get something like this from Fallout.

A couple things stopping me:

Pathological fear of needles.
The dread that I'll hate myself at 80 years old for getting a game icon permanently drawn on me.

Plus, every hipster and his sister is doing it. I hate hipsters.

I have a tramp stamp. Back when I got this tattoo, the term didn't exist, but now I have a tramp stamp. So yes, things change. Trends change, and tastes cha nge.

Soguru

« Reply #12953 on: January 18, 2015, 04:17:49 PM »
I had already got up, popped open a morning Cherry Coke and started catching up on the web stuff till I looked and the little clock in the bottom right corner and then confirmed with 2 other clocks in the house.. So I downed my Coke and went back to bed and then woke up at 9am :o
I have a friend who actually goes right to sleep if he has too much sugar. I admit I don't remember much about anatomy and physiology, but I still find that to be kind of ironic metabolism. 

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4925
« Reply #12954 on: January 18, 2015, 05:10:56 PM »
I have a friend who actually goes right to sleep if he has too much sugar. I admit I don't remember much about anatomy and physiology, but I still find that to be kind of ironic metabolism.

It's because the liver (that processes excess sugar) tells the pancreas to dump a massive dose of insulin into the bloodstream because there's too much glucose/fructose there (sugars are an irritant to basically every system in the body, so they are a threat to the body when in excess).  So it 'over-dumps' insulin, which converts the sugar directly to fat, and the net effect is taking glucose (fuel) out of the blood.  No fuel to the brain: no functioning.  So, despite the 'bouncing off the walls' kids experience (likely because their system isn't as accustomed to 'too much sugar' like adults' bodies are, so less able to produce enough insulin to compensate, or to process it quickly), it does make some sense for adults.  (And explains the 'sugar crash' that most people experience to one degree or another.)

[[Sorry, just woke and spacey, so a few sentences are convoluted with secondary clauses within them that make them even more difficult to comprehend.  Not functioning well enough to fix them.]]
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Soguru

« Reply #12955 on: January 18, 2015, 06:40:58 PM »
That makes sense. I'm surprised I forgot so much that I learned about the pancreas and blood sugar in college.

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #12956 on: January 18, 2015, 07:00:35 PM »
My family and I found ourselves in the midst of a high speed chase this evening.  We were on the freeway, and I saw about 6 cop cars coming up behind us. A black sedan came speeding past and almost hit a car in front of us. They all passed us, then about a half mile later there was a bunch of debris on the road,  and the sedan was on top of a cop car on the side of the road. The guy was already handcuffed and being dragged from the wreckage. You can see our car on the footage on the news.

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 527
  • Just letting fly with a flat "douchebag"
« Reply #12957 on: January 18, 2015, 07:05:09 PM »
whoa!   :speechless:
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #12958 on: January 18, 2015, 07:16:59 PM »
My family and I found ourselves in the midst of a high speed chase this evening.  We were on the freeway, and I saw about 6 cop cars coming up behind us. A black sedan came speeding past and almost hit a car in front of us. They all passed us, then about a half mile later there was a bunch of debris on the road,  and the sedan was on top of a cop car on the side of the road. The guy was already handcuffed and being dragged from the wreckage. You can see our car on the footage on the news.
BAD BOY-BAD BOY! WHATCHA GONNA DO..
Whatcha gonna do when Kete comes for you! :o

Glad you weren't caught up in that mess! Got a link to said footage??

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #12959 on: January 18, 2015, 07:23:01 PM »