login

Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1786758 times)

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3563
  • All joking a salad.
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #12540 on: November 13, 2014, 12:29:34 PM »
If I ever get a ferret, I'm naming it Ferret Beuller.
sigh...I wish I had said that.

"You will, Oscar, you will."
Way to go! Damn! I thought nobody would get that reference!  ;D

Anyways, I took my cat to the vet today. Turns out he has asthma! We have so much in common.  :P

TWINS!!!......heh.....heh....heh.....

Soguru

« Reply #12541 on: November 13, 2014, 03:46:29 PM »

Anyways, I took my cat to the vet today. Turns out he has asthma! We have so much in common.  :P

It's probably all your dander bothering him.
Take a gander, no dander.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6861
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #12542 on: November 13, 2014, 04:54:33 PM »
ladies, the most important question you must ask yourself today: is your butt as shiny as kim kardashian's?
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline Space version 2.0

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 719
« Reply #12543 on: November 13, 2014, 06:23:44 PM »
ladies, the most important question you must ask yourself today: is your butt as shiny as kim kardashian's?
There's a Pam Poovey based "fix the internet" on the facebooks that I can't seem to get a direct link to.

Soguru

« Reply #12544 on: November 13, 2014, 08:28:49 PM »
I find it disturbing when butts look that... "shiny" Skin should not look like that unless you just got out of the swimming pool... or just got through eating a glazed donut.

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 527
  • Just letting fly with a flat "douchebag"
« Reply #12545 on: November 13, 2014, 08:48:59 PM »

That's an old favorite of mine!  My cat has asthma, too.  I have to give him medicine each evening.  Luckily, it is liquid and tuna flavored.  So, he likes taking the meds. Just squirt it into his mouth.   Hope your cat doesn't need any meds.
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline Quirk

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 407
  • Second Quirk, same as the first
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #12546 on: November 13, 2014, 08:52:39 PM »
My wife is allergic to cigarette smoke, and there's this woman that always smokes in our apartment's stairwell. I'm fairly certain it's against the lease (though I'm frustratingly unable to find that part now), and the smoke comes right into our living room. So tonight as I come home with the wife, this woman's out smoking, and I am just fed up enough to say something. I'm not used to this kind of confrontation, so I come off as a jerk, my adrenaline starts pumping, she's being a jerk back, I make it back inside and break down. My wife has to go down and sort things out with the neighbor. She comes back and says she's proud that I stuck up for her, but I feel... less than a man. Bah.
QuipTracks VS Alone in the Dark is NOW AVAILABLE!

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #12547 on: November 13, 2014, 08:56:39 PM »
My wife is allergic to cigarette smoke, and there's this woman that always smokes in our apartment's stairwell. I'm fairly certain it's against the lease (though I'm frustratingly unable to find that part now), and the smoke comes right into our living room. So tonight as I come home with the wife, this woman's out smoking, and I am just fed up enough to say something. I'm not used to this kind of confrontation, so I come off as a jerk, my adrenaline starts pumping, she's being a jerk back, I make it back inside and break down. My wife has to go down and sort things out with the neighbor. She comes back and says she's proud that I stuck up for her, but I feel... less than a man. Bah.
Gender conformity is an unpleasant thing.

Offline Quirk

• Big Montana
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #12548 on: November 13, 2014, 08:59:25 PM »

What? Are you referring to the last line? Because I meant less as in a child, not a woman.

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #12549 on: November 13, 2014, 09:02:59 PM »

It's not being less  than a man to feel bad about being a jerk! That's called having a conscience. That is a great thing.  Now, if you had come back into your apartment with a pack of cigarettes shoved up your ass... :o  Just kidding. It's the people that don't feel bad after being a jerk that have a problem. You sound normal, to me.

She probably feels stressed every time she smokes, and hates standing in the stairwell. She's going out there because of drug withdrawal, not because of the rich, satisfying flavor  of the tobacco.
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline Quirk

• Big Montana
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #12550 on: November 13, 2014, 09:10:41 PM »
It's not being less  than a man to feel bad about being a jerk! That's called having a conscience. That is a great thing.  Now, if you had come back into your apartment with a pack of cigarettes shoved up your ass... :o  Just kidding. It's the people that don't feel bad after being a jerk that have a problem. You sound normal, to me.

She probably feels stressed every time she smokes, and hates standing in the stairwell. She's going out there because of drug withdrawal, not because of the rich, satisfying flavor  of the tobacco.

Yeah, I don't feel bad about feeling bad. I should've been able to handle it without going into fight or flight and seeing this woman as my enemy. It didn't help my wife at all, so I felt like a bit of a failure as a husband. I'm getting over it, but it'll be in my mind for a few days.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #12551 on: November 13, 2014, 09:43:14 PM »

What? Are you referring to the last line? Because I meant less as in a child, not a woman.

I think she meant you not feeling like a man because you don't like confrontation.
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #12552 on: November 13, 2014, 09:56:03 PM »

Yeah, I don't feel bad about feeling bad. I should've been able to handle it without going into fight or flight and seeing this woman as my enemy. It didn't help my wife at all, so I felt like a bit of a failure as a husband. I'm getting over it, but it'll be in my mind for a few days.

Maybe next time you see her, you could apologize for being a jerk, and explain you were just worried about your wife.   Hopefully, she will realize you're not a jerk, and also start thinking about your wife.  But, if she is rude to you after you apologize, she's a jerk, and it's her burden to carry.
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline d00hickey

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
« Reply #12553 on: November 13, 2014, 10:16:32 PM »

Maybe next time you see her, you could apologize for being a jerk, and explain you were just worried about your wife.   Hopefully, she will realize you're not a jerk, and also start thinking about your wife.  But, if she is rude to you after you apologize, she's a jerk, and it's her burden to carry.

I agree. People are almost always reasonable if given the opportunity.

Also, not saying you're anything like this, but many people assume smokers are bad people who don't care about others which is not true. If you find smokers acting like this to you it's probably because of the way your treating them in the first place.

I smoked for many years and I always did my best to not bother other people, I never smoked indoors or around lots of people. I smoked in my own car, backyard or while walking on an empty street, park etc. Even so there was always people who would walk by and pretend to cough or make passive aggressive comments as they walked past me on my own patio. Could you really blame a smoker for wanting to make sure those specific people got a little more smoke in their face as they walked by? 

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2644
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #12554 on: November 13, 2014, 11:58:31 PM »
As for the smoke coming through the door, since it's a hallway door it probably has no weather sealing so lots of air can move through the cracks.  Some weather strips can cut that down quite a bit, I had to add them to my door years ago when there were a lot of smokers in the building.  It's so pervasive it's hard to stop it completely but you can cut it way down with some foam strips or those V shaped plastic strips.  And a flap type strip for the bottom.