Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1789633 times)

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3563
  • All joking a salad.
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #12525 on: November 11, 2014, 08:59:02 PM »
A behind the scenes view of the photoshoot.

Meet Sarah!  Sarah dreams of becoming an Astronaut/Space Explorer!  She is also one of the most outgoing and sassiest cancer fighters I have ever met.  She has dealt with countless difficulties throughout her treatment.  Since her diagnosis Sarah has been in the hospital for a total of over 300 days!  If you have ever been in a hospital for even one day, then you know that even a single day is one day too many!  300 is unfathomable!  Sarah is from Montana and travels to SLC for treatments and doctor appointments.  She was in town for a couple of days so yesterday we decided do her photo shoot and make the most of it!

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #12526 on: November 12, 2014, 04:12:03 AM »
A behind the scenes view of the photoshoot.

Meet Sarah!  Sarah dreams of becoming an Astronaut/Space Explorer!  She is also one of the most outgoing and sassiest cancer fighters I have ever met.  She has dealt with countless difficulties throughout her treatment.  Since her diagnosis Sarah has been in the hospital for a total of over 300 days!  If you have ever been in a hospital for even one day, then you know that even a single day is one day too many!  300 is unfathomable!  Sarah is from Montana and travels to SLC for treatments and doctor appointments.  She was in town for a couple of days so yesterday we decided do her photo shoot and make the most of it!

It's suddenly all dusty in here.
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Online The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4475

Offline anais.butterfly

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1382
  • Monkey Brains!
« Reply #12528 on: November 12, 2014, 05:51:14 PM »
Because I will be in Rehab for the time leading up to Christmas, I told my mom to tell my family that all I want is a card from each member of the family telling me that love me and why.

I hope they do it.
Anais is the Coolest Butterfly I know  ;D

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #12529 on: November 12, 2014, 06:04:58 PM »
I hope you'll stay tuned to my adventures in Mexico starting December 10 :-\

Soguru

« Reply #12530 on: November 12, 2014, 06:07:15 PM »
Because I will be in Rehab for the time leading up to Christmas, I told my mom to tell my family that all I want is a card from each member of the family telling me that love me and why.
I know you'll do great. :) Best of luck to you.

Gah... that doesn't sound pleasant.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #12531 on: November 12, 2014, 06:15:54 PM »
Gah... that doesn't sound pleasant.
Well,, It will be a working vacation..
I need to sell stuff in our boutique along with collect money from my brother in law but I do plan on touring around 'cautiously' :o
I'll make the best of it ;D

Soguru

« Reply #12532 on: November 13, 2014, 01:48:14 AM »
Of the two songs "Have you never been mellow" By Olivia Newton John and the song "Mellow Yellow" by Donovan, I think Have you never been Mellow is the better song. Sure, I'm biased because I've always loved ONJ, but seriously, how could that affect my objectivity in any way at all?

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
    • Facebook
« Reply #12533 on: November 13, 2014, 01:58:33 AM »
What do you love her based on, Grease?  I can't understand why that woman is still famous based on one movie and a couple of hits.
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

Soguru

« Reply #12534 on: November 13, 2014, 02:14:56 AM »
What do you love her based on, Grease?  I can't understand why that woman is still famous based on one movie and a couple of hits.
She had some great albums in the 70's, 80's, and even the 90's. I'm particularly fond of her cover album "Making a good thing better". Some of her songs from Xanadu are really beautiful, especially "Magic". I've always loved that song, it's so hauntingly beautiful. I think "Physical" is also a wonderful album that gets overlooked because everybody hears only the title track and no other songs on the record. Her record "The Rumour" was pretty damn good too.

That one truly special album though is "Gaia", an album which she wrote around the time she was recovering from chemotherapy due to her breast cancer. It is a bit surreal and somber in parts, but it is also definitely an uplifting experience with a message that is about protecting the environment, unconditional love and coming through adversity as a stronger person.

Seeing her in concert is a treat too. She's got a great sense of humor and she's got this very down to Earth type quality about her.
I actually got to meet her way back in 2000. She was so unbelievably warm and sweet. Getting to meet her and get my picture taken with her was one of the highlights of my life. :)

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
    • Facebook
« Reply #12535 on: November 13, 2014, 02:33:41 AM »
That is a far more detailed answer than I was expecting, you do indeed love her.

It's hard to judge her actual popularity here because we go on about anyone who was in anything popular and treat them like a celebrity. 

Scottotd on Instagram

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #12536 on: November 13, 2014, 07:21:06 AM »
If I ever get a ferret, I'm naming it Ferret Beuller.

Soguru

« Reply #12537 on: November 13, 2014, 09:14:22 AM »
sigh...I wish I had said that.

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 527
  • Just letting fly with a flat "douchebag"
« Reply #12538 on: November 13, 2014, 11:04:14 AM »

"You will, Oscar, you will."
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Soguru

« Reply #12539 on: November 13, 2014, 12:19:50 PM »

"You will, Oscar, you will."
Way to go! Damn! I thought nobody would get that reference!  ;D

Anyways, I took my cat to the vet today. Turns out he has asthma! We have so much in common.  :P