login

Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1788241 times)

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #12300 on: October 23, 2014, 06:59:04 AM »
I'm ready to skip halloween and move into the Christmas season.  Fucking November.
Could be worse, could be January.

You know, I don't actually hate November. At least there's some anticipation involved.  And January isn't bad as a sort of "cleansing the palate" month. It's the soda cracker of the calendar year.

February, though? February's just awful. Really, really awful.

RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Quirk

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 407
  • Second Quirk, same as the first
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #12301 on: October 23, 2014, 07:13:42 AM »
I've finally been to see Rocky Horror Picture Show in a theater.

I actually much prefer seeing it at home.  Some of the crowd participation is funny, but the vast majority of it isn't.  A lot of it is just kind of yelling what the people are doing at the time they're doing it.

There's a way to make the Rocky Horror Picture Show worse?  :speechless:
QuipTracks VS Alone in the Dark is NOW AVAILABLE!

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #12302 on: October 23, 2014, 07:18:23 AM »
I've finally been to see Rocky Horror Picture Show in a theater.

I actually much prefer seeing it at home.  Some of the crowd participation is funny, but the vast majority of it isn't.  A lot of it is just kind of yelling what the people are doing at the time they're doing it.

There's a way to make the Rocky Horror Picture Show worse?  :speechless:

While I actually like the movie, yeah, anything can be made worse with people who think they are funnier than they are.

That said, I'm not saying I had a bad time.  Just that in the end I'd rather just watch the movie than hear some guy behind me yell "hit that car" right before Brad hits a car.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #12303 on: October 23, 2014, 07:35:17 AM »
My dog is a peeping tom. Every time I close the door to my room so that you can't see in, but it's not latched, he'll poke his way through. Mom's changing in here, gotta watch! It doesn't matter f I'm the only one awake or not. Always the same...

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6861
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #12304 on: October 23, 2014, 03:32:29 PM »
you just keep on pushin' my love over the borderline.
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #12305 on: October 23, 2014, 03:46:47 PM »
Thanks for joining us, Madonna.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #12306 on: October 23, 2014, 04:37:57 PM »
you just keep on pushin' my love over the borderline.

Yeah, usually you and I share a love of 80s music. But not here.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #12307 on: October 23, 2014, 05:22:35 PM »
Thursday night football and every fucking commercial is about North Carolina politicians..
I'm in South Carolina and DON'T GIVE A SHIT! :angry:
I have to drop my food, grab the remote and hit the mute button every few minutes :grr:

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #12308 on: October 23, 2014, 10:39:31 PM »
This may be of interest to some of you: http://doesthedogdie.com/
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 527
  • Just letting fly with a flat "douchebag"
« Reply #12309 on: October 24, 2014, 03:56:12 AM »
This may be of interest to some of you: http://doesthedogdie.com/

That's an interesting idea for a website.  But, I just checked, and Manos: the Hands of Fate is not listed. Neither is Moose Baby nor Hormel.  Hmm, I guess it would be insane to expect them to be listed, but I'm anal before breakfast. Aren't we all?
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #12310 on: October 24, 2014, 04:06:45 AM »
Someone knocked on my door at 2:30 this morning. I thought, "No chance,Effer!" and eventually went back to sleep.

A dream awoke me around 6 am. I dreamed my  neighbor knocked on my door until I finally answered. He and a friend of his were on crack and wanted money. In my dream, I pretended to look for money but grabbed my gun and shot both of them.  They both shot me.  They got out on bail before I got home from the hospital (LOL)

I assume the dream is connected to the person that knocked on my door. But, a 4 hour lag is interesting.  Also, that neighbor wasn't a crack user and moved out of town years ago.  Odd.
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #12311 on: October 24, 2014, 05:03:49 AM »
Someone knocked on my door at 2:30 this morning. I thought, "No chance,Effer!" and eventually went back to sleep.

A dream awoke me around 6 am. I dreamed my  neighbor knocked on my door until I finally answered. He and a friend of his were on crack and wanted money. In my dream, I pretended to look for money but grabbed my gun and shot both of them.  They both shot me.  They got out on bail before I got home from the hospital (LOL)

I assume the dream is connected to the person that knocked on my door. But, a 4 hour lag is interesting.  Also, that neighbor wasn't a crack user and moved out of town years ago.  Odd.

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #12312 on: October 24, 2014, 05:10:02 AM »
Heh. No drugs involved.  Just my weird brain, which is scary enough.  :speechless:
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #12313 on: October 24, 2014, 12:46:29 PM »
Okay, so my CPAP machine has a humidifier. They issued it to me with the very stern warning that I was never to use tap water for the reservoir. Never ever ever.
I rarely leave the house, so that means importing distilled water. Amazon sells it in little bottles. Or huge 3 gallon laboratory-grade. Kind of cost-prohibitive either way.

I order it from Safeway, but sometimes they fuck me over and say they don't have it in stock. Really? You don't have any brand of distilled water at all? In any size. Whatever. The price you pay for being a recluse and having someone else schlep your groceries.

That means I have to ask the roommate to grab me one. It's cool if he's going by the store and remembers. But even then he's grabbing anything like bottled spring water. I'm not sure that's the same thing. I read most of these companies just bottle any old tap water and put a pretty picture on the label.

So fuck it. I bought a steam distiller. I'll make my own! Distillate Capacity: 1 Gallon in 4 hours. At $300, it should pay for itself in 337 uses (at about .89/gallon).

Online MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2644
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #12314 on: October 24, 2014, 01:06:16 PM »
I suppose in the long run that will be cheaper than a deionizing filter that needs to be replaced every so many gallons.  That is if the still lasts for many years, boilers get corroded something fierce from the minerals in tap water. 

The big ones we have at work can do about a thousand gallons before needed to be replaced, but cost something like $600.  And they are only that cheap because the company that replaces them takes the old cylinders and regenerates them.  Not sure if they have small units for home installation, the company name is Mar Cor Purification.