Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1786373 times)

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 527
  • Just letting fly with a flat "douchebag"
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #12225 on: October 14, 2014, 12:57:08 AM »
I like you, simply for your posts here.  I haven't seen (read) anything about or from you that causes me to have a bad opinion of you.

As far as what other people think: Listen to the good things, ignore the bad.  Good things CAN include criticism about you. But, if someone simply dismisses you as a "loser," recognize that you are listening to someone who doesn't know what they are talking about. Learn from what other people think of you, but differentiate a valid opinion and a neurotic opinion.  "You suck" and "your pants are on fire!" are very different statements.  One is worth listening to, the other is someone's sucky opinion.

We all have value. We all have meaning. Life is precious, and you are life.  Treat yourself as what you are: a valid, unique life form.

ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #12226 on: October 14, 2014, 01:49:34 AM »
Where do you want it to go?
Anywhere but here, a refrigerator box or under a bridge somewhere. I just want to make a living.

Maybe I overestimate my talent, maybe I do have too fragile of an ego, but I think I can be very funny when I'm writing. I want to make videos to make people laugh while also putting food on the table and keeping the bills paid. If all else fails(which it has), I want to fall back on the fail-safe of advertising revenue. I also know that takes a lot of views to make it, but I know in my heart if I give my vision some effort that it can be done.

Are you working on videos now in your spare time?

If it is any consolation, Soguru, I don't know what the hell I'm doing. I have a sneaking suspicion that most others don't, either. I'm just flailing about. I do a manual labor job any Joe could do because I find putting stress on my body is much easier to deal with than putting stress on my mind. The task at hand is physically strenuous enough that I don't get caught up thinking and worrying during the day and I sleep like a rock afterward(where normally I had insomnia). I'm just slowing saving, for what I do not know.

So you're Peter Gibbons?
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

jonalame

« Reply #12227 on: October 14, 2014, 01:00:18 PM »
Ha! Now that you mention it, I did lose my mind in a cubicle job.

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4470
« Reply #12228 on: October 14, 2014, 01:34:20 PM »
Since we don't have a Rifftrax speculation thread.  From Conor's Twitter:
We are working on a truly special RiffTrax. Here's a pic of the screenwriter in action (This is 100% real dialogue.)

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #12229 on: October 14, 2014, 01:59:29 PM »
There ain't no freak in French Fries!! :angry:
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #12230 on: October 14, 2014, 06:24:04 PM »
I'm watching Sweet Genius. This show is fucking insane, and so is Ron Ben Israel.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #12231 on: October 15, 2014, 03:11:37 PM »
I think I want to get my hair dyed, but I can't figure out what would be a good colour to do... I'm sick of brown and dark colours, so probably something lighter, if I can come up with something that won't make me look horrible. :/

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5708
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #12232 on: October 15, 2014, 04:06:05 PM »
We are working on a truly special RiffTrax. Here's a pic of the screenwriter in action (This is 100% real dialogue.)

UHHHH...I think I know what this is...and I am duly terrified! The Cinema Snob just released his review of Fun In Balloon Land, and that dialog definitely sounds like it came from this.

<a href="http://blip.tv/play/hJFxg66cIwI" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://blip.tv/play/hJFxg66cIwI</a>

Online Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2638
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #12233 on: October 15, 2014, 04:55:42 PM »

UHHHH...I think I know what this is...and I am duly terrified! The Cinema Snob just released his review of Fun In Balloon Land, and that dialog definitely sounds like it came from this.

Sounds great!

They are prepping the Christmas episode much earlier than I would have thought they would though.
FINE

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #12234 on: October 15, 2014, 05:38:26 PM »
I was also told they are in the early stages of a Christmas show. I'm thrilled to have confirmation there is going to be one! YAY!  Thank you, Edward!
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #12235 on: October 15, 2014, 05:43:15 PM »
When I saw "Balloon Land" I thought it was the insane looking cartoon the mom and kid are watching in Merlin's Shop of Magical Wonders, with the evil pincushion killing the balloon people.

This looks disturbing too though.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Online Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #12236 on: October 15, 2014, 05:47:28 PM »
I was also told they are in the early stages of a Christmas show. I'm thrilled to have confirmation there is going to be one! YAY!  Thank you, Edward!

I didn't do anything but comment on Darth's post! I've never heard of it before.

I hadn't heard there was going to be a Christmas show. That's actualyl a bummer to me then, because I won't get to see it until next year if that's the case.
FINE

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5708
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #12237 on: October 15, 2014, 05:54:46 PM »
When I saw "Balloon Land" I thought it was the insane looking cartoon the mom and kid are watching in Merlin's Shop of Magical Wonders, with the evil pincushion killing the balloon people.

That was my first thought too, when I saw it on his page! But this is definitely more bizarre than even that short.

That short is Balloon Land. You can see it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxucYzKXXCI

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #12238 on: October 15, 2014, 06:25:46 PM »

I didn't do anything but comment on Darth's post! I've never heard of it before.

I hadn't heard there was going to be a Christmas show. That's actualyl a bummer to me then, because I won't get to see it until next year if that's the case.

Why can't you see it until next year?

Edited to add: I retract my "confirmation" statement. :(
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Online Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #12239 on: October 15, 2014, 06:29:05 PM »

Why can't you see it until next year?

Edited to add: I retract my "confirmation" statement. :(

Because I live in Australia and live shows aren't screened here.

Unless when you said 'show' you meant one of those VODs with the hosting segments (which I hope is the case)
FINE