login

Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1808518 times)

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1547
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #12195 on: October 09, 2014, 09:30:11 AM »
That DOES sound cool! I miss my old pencil and paper D&D group.

I'd recommend a rifftrax D&D group, but I barely have time to run the one with just my sister and brother in law. Though if someone else wanted to DM I might be able to play on the weekends.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #12196 on: October 09, 2014, 09:55:53 AM »
Ein and I went outside this morning, and as we were walking along, I heard a quack. I look up and see a duck and it was really cute and pretty. Then Ein saw it. He chased it and it flew away. He's in trouble >:(

Offline Quirk

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 407
  • Second Quirk, same as the first
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #12197 on: October 09, 2014, 10:00:07 AM »
Ein and I went outside this morning, and as we were walking along, I heard a quack. I look up and see a duck and it was really cute and pretty. Then Ein saw it. He chased it and it flew away. He's in trouble >:(

QuipTracks VS Alone in the Dark is NOW AVAILABLE!

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 527
  • Just letting fly with a flat "douchebag"
« Reply #12198 on: October 09, 2014, 03:56:38 PM »
Kind of surprised that Miku Fan isn't talking about this, unless I just missed it.  From Letterman last night.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/wzG5pab0CnU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/wzG5pab0CnU</a>

I posted about it in the music thread.  I'm glad someone else knew about it! :highfive:
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2386
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #12199 on: October 09, 2014, 04:40:35 PM »
I noticed it in the trending topics on Facebook.
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #12200 on: October 09, 2014, 10:50:22 PM »
I couldn't get into the music, but I was captivated by the visuals of the performance.  :)

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #12201 on: October 09, 2014, 11:26:11 PM »
I couldn't get into the music, but I was captivated by the visuals of the performance.  :)

I understand.  She has an extremely wide range of song styles.  That's not my favorite song, either. But, I'm glad she was on Letterman.  You should see her live, in a large auditorium. The visuals get quite amazing.  She has a new concert set in development that involves a series of very large, concentric clear tubes, and a planetarium-like ceiling, instead of a flat screen.   It looks pretty wild. Not sure how it will work, because I saw it on a teaser video and they were pretty tight-lipped about it.   

Anyway, glad you enjoyed the visuals! :)   
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #12202 on: October 09, 2014, 11:33:56 PM »
Facebook has made death weird.  My aunt died about a year ago; today's her birthday, as facebook just reminded me, and I clicked on the link.  Her wall is covered with people remembering her and missing her.

I just feel strange about it.  It also seems weird that she's gone, and has been for almost a year, when I still have emails from her and FB messages in an inbox.  It's just odd.

When my older brother died about 10 years ago, they had a DVD display on a large screen, showing various pics and clips of him.  Completely unexpected, and weirded me out.   Strange how technology changes things like remembering those who have passed on.

My grandfather died in 1977. Two years ago, a cousin of mine found an audio track of him on the internet! We were amazed, to hear his voice after 35 years.  It was a recording of him introducing a blues singer he was trying to  promote on his independent record label.  You never know what you will find in life.

I hope your pain has eased, and that you can remember the good things about her.  That's what "still alive in our hearts" is all about.
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Soguru

« Reply #12203 on: October 10, 2014, 02:47:32 AM »
Facebook has made death weird.  My aunt died about a year ago; today's her birthday, as facebook just reminded me, and I clicked on the link.  Her wall is covered with people remembering her and missing her.

I just feel strange about it.  It also seems weird that she's gone, and has been for almost a year, when I still have emails from her and FB messages in an inbox.  It's just odd.
I can understand that. However, it's good that people remember and miss her. Somebody's never truly gone as long as they're remembered.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2386
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #12204 on: October 10, 2014, 02:59:40 AM »
While I haven't he that experience with family, I do have a friend through work who died over a year ago who's Facebook wall still constantly is filled with pictures of him and friends from old parties. It's weird anyway, and especially since I knew him from work and was outside the circle of friends that keep posting.
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #12205 on: October 10, 2014, 04:34:37 AM »
I had a couple of friends commit suicide in the last couple of years, one a week before his birthday, the fact their names come up on the birthday lists is really weird and saddening.

Though not as strange as that of another friend who was killed in a hit and run. His brother transformed the account into a memorial page and, I guess, forgets to switch from that to his account, so you get the slight queasy feeling when "Paul" likes a post half a decade after his death.

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #12206 on: October 10, 2014, 04:43:20 AM »
I had a couple of friends commit suicide in the last couple of years, one a week before his birthday, the fact their names come up on the birthday lists is really weird and saddening.

Though not as strange as that of another friend who was killed in a hit and run. His brother transformed the account into a memorial page and, I guess, forgets to switch from that to his account, so you get the slight queasy feeling when "Paul" likes a post half a decade after his death.

:(  That's rough!
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Soguru

« Reply #12207 on: October 10, 2014, 06:21:57 AM »

It's times like this when I can't find the right words to say about that kind of thing. We grieve, and then when stuff like that happens its like this emotional whiplash. I'm so sorry Tripe. :(

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #12208 on: October 12, 2014, 06:16:53 PM »
I ate a Trinidad Scorpion pepper Saturday night.  My mouth burned for about 20 minutes.  Hottest pepper I have ever eaten, by far.
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #12209 on: October 12, 2014, 09:02:42 PM »
I did enjoy it, as an adventure. Everyone else got a hearty laugh. 8)    Always wanted to try one. It's been confirmed: they can kick my butt, with ease.  It was weird, in that it wasn't hot, the way I expected,  it just actually hurt.  The inside of my mouth felt the way your skin would feel, if you had a moderate sunburn.  Heck of a pepper.  Some people call them and similar peppers, "7 pot" peppers, because one is enough to make "7 pots" of hot chilli.
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!