login

Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1807234 times)

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #12180 on: October 07, 2014, 10:29:22 PM »
"...you put out wiener-wraps and snacks..."

What are wiener-wraps, then??

Do you mean why aren't they snacks?
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline d00hickey

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
« Reply #12181 on: October 07, 2014, 10:53:55 PM »

Just google it...

Here in Murica we call those Pigs in Blankets. It's name is both superior and adorable.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2662
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #12182 on: October 07, 2014, 11:54:53 PM »

Just google it...

Here in Murica we call those Pigs in Blankets. It's name is both superior and adorable.

My mom called them that, so I do as well, but it's kind of a lie when you use all beef hot dogs...   ;D

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4662
« Reply #12183 on: October 08, 2014, 02:42:33 AM »

Just google it...

My mom called them that, so I do as well, but it's kind of a lie when you use all beef hot dogs...   ;D

So...   'Cows in Overcoats' maybe? :)
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #12184 on: October 08, 2014, 08:23:10 AM »
Starting to feel more and more like the pricks are taking over, this place just feels toxic in many ways with bleating "meh movies/music/people nowdays blah blah blah" white noise.

Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline Nobody

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 617
« Reply #12185 on: October 08, 2014, 08:57:32 AM »
Starting to feel more and more like the pricks are taking over, this place just feels toxic in many ways with bleating "meh movies/music/people nowdays blah blah blah" white noise.
Everyone's a prick sometimes.  Sometimes we're assholes, too.  And then there are the pussies... 

Wait, this would make a great soliloquy...

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2386
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #12186 on: October 08, 2014, 09:50:17 AM »

Lately I've been trying to ignore the negativity more.  If there's an actual conversation worth having on the subject I consider adding to it, but if it's just complaining I'm going to try and stay clear.
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #12187 on: October 08, 2014, 03:25:05 PM »
What the hell do you pricks mean "more negativity"? Why, I outta punch you in the mouth.   :grr:

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5898
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #12188 on: October 08, 2014, 03:31:46 PM »

Lately I've been trying to ignore the negativity more.  If there's an actual conversation worth having on the subject I consider adding to it, but if it's just complaining I'm going to try and stay clear.
You're calling us negative?! I am positively offended!

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3897
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #12189 on: October 08, 2014, 05:09:17 PM »
RRARRGH!!!!! :angry:

Oh wait.. Wrong thread ;D

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1547
« Reply #12190 on: October 08, 2014, 05:41:46 PM »
Used Roll20.net to start a new D&D campaign with my sister and her husband that live half way across the country. Previously we used MapTools, but I'm happy with the switch.

MapTools does two things better: it has a much more robust macro system, and you can create prettier maps using the tile system. Roll20 has macros, but they don't have the power to write information.  They can only read variables and output the result of equations. And while you can import pictures and tiles, it's very hard to manage large amounts of objects with the roll20 interface. Better to keep things simple.

But Roll20 has a bunch more advantages. It's all browser based so there's no need to download an application. There's also no connection issues when trying to get everyone into the same game. Webcam and voice are built in to roll20 so you don't need something like Skype running in the background. The interface is also more user friendly, especially for those who aren't so tech savy like my sister and brother in law. And my favorite feature: 3d dice that roll on everyone's screen. Much more fun than a random number appearing in a text box, and much harder for the PCs to fudge roles if we use real dice.

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #12191 on: October 08, 2014, 08:22:33 PM »
That DOES sound cool! I miss my old pencil and paper D&D group.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #12192 on: October 08, 2014, 09:39:05 PM »
I'm sick, and it's annoying as fuck. At least I'm not puking but I'm so damned tired, and my nose refuses to unstop itself.

Soguru

« Reply #12193 on: October 09, 2014, 02:20:21 AM »
I'm sick, and it's annoying as fuck. At least I'm not puking but I'm so damned tired, and my nose refuses to unstop itself.
I'm so sorry QV. I hope you get well soon. :( Sounds like allergies or a cold. I'm sure you've had them before, just keep doing whatever you do to make yourself feel better. May you have a speedy recovery.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2386
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #12194 on: October 09, 2014, 07:01:00 AM »
Kind of surprised that Miku Fan isn't talking about this, unless I just missed it.  From Letterman last night.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/wzG5pab0CnU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/wzG5pab0CnU</a>
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky