Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1790632 times)

Offline RandyMistie

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 116
  • Hello!
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #11865 on: September 01, 2014, 08:37:34 PM »
Diet soda is so bad for you. I have a friend who only drinks diet cokes. When he comes to my house, I try to give him filtered water from my fridge, but he refuses...

Eh, he'll prolly outlive me.
Hi!  I'm Randy and I'm a Riffaholic...

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 527
  • Just letting fly with a flat "douchebag"
« Reply #11866 on: September 01, 2014, 10:36:14 PM »
I drink diet soda all the time. Daily.   I only really drink still water if I have no other options.

I used to be that way with whiskey.  I drink iced tea now.  Water is kind of boring, and because of the pipes it comes through, doesn't taste right.  Probably why it's boring.

I discovered I could make iced tea with almost any type of tea, and like it. Ex: Earl Grey (Gray) is excellent, as an iced tea.
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline RandyMistie

• Hello!
« Reply #11867 on: September 01, 2014, 10:49:38 PM »
Earl Grey is excellent as an Iced Tea! I enjoy it, too!

Um, diet soda, in excess, apparently, according to some studies, causes the tissues of the body to retain salt. And can also, according to the studies, which are inconclusive at this point, cause a thickening of the para-cardium... I'm sure I am not spelling that right. The sack around the heart? This can lead to malignant hyper-tension, according to some physicians...'

Don't hit, Imrahil.... Oh, he is going to hit me.... try some Earl Grey iced tea?

You know, Imrahil reminds me of my friend Mark. He is always hitting me and drinking diet cola. Punch, drink, punch, drink...

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #11868 on: September 01, 2014, 11:00:01 PM »
Earl Grey is excellent as an Iced Tea! I enjoy it, too!

Um, diet soda, in excess, apparently, according to some studies, causes the tissues of the body to retain salt. And can also, according to the studies, which are inconclusive at this point, cause a thickening of the para-cardium... I'm sure I am not spelling that right. The sack around the heart? This can lead to malignant hyper-tension, according to some physicians...'

Don't hit, Imrahil.... Oh, he is going to hit me.... try some Earl Grey iced tea?

You know, Imrahil reminds me of my friend Mark. He is always hitting me and drinking diet cola. Punch, drink, punch, drink...

I virtually stopped drinking sodas.  Eventually, I started feeling "unwell" after drinking them. That's regular soda. I never liked diet.  i drink one or two a month now, instead of three of four a day.
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline RandyMistie

• Hello!
« Reply #11869 on: September 01, 2014, 11:36:26 PM »
Regular soda, that is a lot of sugar... did you have your blood tested? If you felt "unwell" could it be the onset of diabetes?

My wife has diabetes and she is going through perry-menapause... oh it's a roller coaster ride to hell! We have a blood pressure cuff and testing strips. Often she lashes out at me... Much as Imrahil does.

Oh by the gods! What must I do to appease thee!

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #11870 on: September 02, 2014, 12:39:14 AM »
Regular soda, that is a lot of sugar... did you have your blood tested? If you felt "unwell" could it be the onset of diabetes?

My wife has diabetes and she is going through perry-menapause... oh it's a roller coaster ride to hell! We have a blood pressure cuff and testing strips. Often she lashes out at me... Much as Imrahil does.

Oh by the gods! What must I do to appease thee!

Yeah, I have a blood sugar issue.  I know what that feels like. I get some nasty chemical feeling when I drink sodas.  Maybe it's just aging. I'm in my 600's  now, and am more sensitive to chemical additives.  (yes, I was born in the 1400's)
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline RandyMistie

• Hello!
« Reply #11871 on: September 02, 2014, 12:41:53 AM »
What?!! Are you messing with me, Miku Fan? Or are you.... Doctor Who?

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #11872 on: September 02, 2014, 12:44:31 AM »
What?!! Are you messing with me, Miku Fan? Or are you.... Doctor Who?

No, I am an alien. i am just waiting for "The Disclosure" before publicly admitting it.  I remember that Bastard Columbus landing, singing "wat's a-matta you?" and his constant talk of pizza.  You better believe, HE got a probin'!
ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline RandyMistie

• Hello!
« Reply #11873 on: September 02, 2014, 12:53:18 AM »
HAHAHAHA!!!! Yes, I remember this wonderful quote from the movie "Bobby" about Robert Kennedy... a Mexican in the kitchen said, "I didn't jump the border, the border JUMPED ME!"

My wife is Mexican, and her Mexican father lives with us. I have an affinity for their plight. Most of Texas was once Mexico, until some white man said it wasn't.

Now, I don't wanna mess with Texans, cuz they are mean! I'm jus' sayin' it was a good line...

Offline RandyMistie

• Hello!
« Reply #11874 on: September 02, 2014, 01:10:03 AM »
I just thought of this, apropos of nothing, but it might be a good tip. I used to always go through the metal detectors at airports with my hands raised. One time the guy with the wand said to me, "Don't raise your hands like that. The federal marshal over their might think you are surrendering and take you into custody."

Good tip, I think.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #11875 on: September 02, 2014, 06:27:24 AM »

My wife is Mexican
That's one thing we have in common 8)

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #11876 on: September 02, 2014, 06:53:13 AM »
I am still waiting for that red head that I am supposed to marry to find me, Randy.  Whats up with that?

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #11877 on: September 02, 2014, 07:27:39 AM »
There's nothing really wrong with diet soda... the aspertane crazies are... crazy. The only thing that some people claim that might be true is that you can start craving sweet foods after having something that's been artifically sweetened, which I buy. You can counter that by having some slight self control. Technically, you can lose weight and still drink regular soda, if that's your goal. It's definitely not reccomended though.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #11878 on: September 02, 2014, 08:11:46 AM »
There's nothing really wrong with diet soda...
Other than it tastes bad IMHO..  :-X

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6861
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #11879 on: September 02, 2014, 10:57:31 AM »
There's nothing really wrong with diet soda...

well, except that the artificial sweetener tricks your body into thinking a sugar rush is imminent, and starts producing more insulin, which (due to the lack of actual carbs to process with said insulin) causes you to be hungrier than you really are. so, unless you're diabetic like moi, avoid it at meals.
dF = 0
d*F = J