Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1789645 times)

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2645
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #11115 on: June 27, 2014, 07:28:01 PM »
there's a panel in the men's room labelled "ham. arrestor". now, i know it's something to do with electricity or plumbing, but i prefer to imagine something porcine-related.

It's in the men's room?  Stay out of there during thunderstorms!

Is there a big antenna on top of your building?  That's usually a term used for lightning protection on antenna towers.

Offline d00hickey

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 478
  • Rohan Stan the Jelly Man
« Reply #11116 on: June 27, 2014, 08:01:46 PM »
I have come completely obsessed with Personal Vaporizers (e cigarettes). I have three different atomizers including Clearomizers and rebuildable tank and dripper atomizers, two ego batteries, a mechanical mod, and a variable voltage mod. I've been building all kinds of different coils using various gauge sizes of kanthal wire to vape my assortment of 15 different e-liquids (my favorites being Cinnamon Roll and Hawk Sauce). It is so much better than cigarettes, it tastes better, it's cheaper, it doesn't make you smell like an ash trey, and best of all, it's not killing me. It's unfortunate that most smokers try the crappy liquor store e cigarettes first and end up thinking e cigarettes suck. I think if smokers knew how good it could be it would be the end of tobacco as we know it.

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #11117 on: June 27, 2014, 09:44:55 PM »
there's a panel in the men's room labelled "ham. arrestor". now, i know it's something to do with electricity or plumbing, but i prefer to imagine something porcine-related.

This men's room... it's a Machine For Pigs...

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4648
« Reply #11118 on: June 27, 2014, 10:27:44 PM »

So you'll know the next time you might need them, there should be pig handcuffs trottercuffs inside the panel - in case the pig in the stall beside you starts getting out of control you can take them in.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #11119 on: June 28, 2014, 10:06:48 PM »
Today, I got it into my head to see if there was a Skyrim mod for addiction to drugs and alcohol. There are several. However, the people who made them either made them RIDICULOUSLY, or they made withdrawals have virtually no effects whatsoever. I decided that something had to be done about that. I'm learning how to use a programming language as well as the game's creation kit because I wanted it to be possible for my characters to get hopelessly addicted to hard drugs.

The idea's pretty simple. You use drugs, which give you great bonuses for several hours. After they wear off, you've got your withdrawals/DT's, which cause you to suffer slightly harsher negative penalties for 24 in game hours. You can counter the negative penalties by taking the drug again. After several days of this cycle in game, using multiple times per day, your character will start to get addicted. 24 hours without taking anything will grant your character a -25 to their magicka, health and stamina pools for 3 days, after which time, they'll have broken the addiction and be clean. If they continue using, though, the cycle will get worse and worse. I'm planning on either making the positive effects of the drugs less effective as your addiction builds, or having the effects last less time. Either way, you would need to take more of the drug for it to be effective, which in turn boosts your addiction level. When it gets to the point where the character is using VERY heavily(8-10 times a day) they'll be hopelessly addicted, and if they don't use the drug for a 24 hour period, their HP, Magicka, and Stamina will all decrease by 25 points per day until they either take the drug again, or die. It'd probably be possible at that point to break the addiction, but that would require at least 2 weeks sans the drugs, which means the character would have to have 350 HP to survive it, so you'd have to be a higher level to do it.

The idea would be to simulate real life addiction as best I can with the game's engine and mechanics. The only thing I'm worried about is it becoming really script heavy, which could negatively impact performance, but there are a lot of mods that do similar things and they don't seem to have performance issues. It would be ESPECIALLY cool if I could tie it to one of the mods that checks if you've eaten and drunk anything yet, and if you haven't, supercharge the drug, but I don't know if I've got that kind of ability. Checking and remembering the addiction level is going to be a lot of work.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #11120 on: June 29, 2014, 07:17:21 AM »
Sounds cool. What about an OD feature?

jonalame

« Reply #11121 on: June 29, 2014, 08:27:27 AM »
Perhaps the Fallout 3/NV system could be more easily adapted for Skyrim than starting from scratch(unless starting from scratch is the whole point)?

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #11122 on: June 29, 2014, 08:33:32 AM »
Sounds cool. What about an OD feature?

Definitely. That shouldn't be to complicated to put in. I actually learned the basics what I need to do really quickly in the tutorials, but there's a lot more to do.

Soguru

« Reply #11123 on: June 29, 2014, 11:21:12 PM »
I'm going through a lot right now. My mom just had knee replacement surgery and I am really scared for her. The pain is slowly getting better day by day. However, there is a cynical, negative part of me that can't help but nag at my positive and optimistic appraisal of the situation.

I hope she can walk again without pain sometime soon. There's a part of my treacherous mind that's so polar opposite to feelings of hope that it makes me believe I could wake up tomorrow morning and find her dead because she couldn't take the pain any longer. :(

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4648
« Reply #11124 on: June 30, 2014, 02:45:00 AM »
I'm sorry that's going on Soguru.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Nobody

• Liked: 617
« Reply #11125 on: June 30, 2014, 03:24:05 AM »
A trip to the ER for my mother yesterday settled some things.  She needs a caregiver, and I'm the logical person.  I know it means big changes, but we are working out the specifics.

I'd do anything for family, so I'm not complaining.  Still, it's a stressful time.  Big decision.  Etc.

Offline RandyMistie

• Liked: 116
  • Hello!
« Reply #11126 on: June 30, 2014, 03:46:31 AM »
I have a sister-in-law with blindness and fluid in her lungs due to almost total renal failure as a result of Malignant Hypertension. She'll be dead soon, but she's all up in jesus so she thinks she's going to a better place... fine... go man.... otherwise I will be paying for your loser no job having ass.  I got my wife's father who is 86 living with me and he smells worse than my cats and he is living in my TV room. I built a shower for him but he won't use it... all he wants to do is watch Spanish speaking, UNI VISION, Soccer and boxing on the HBO. But he can't work the remote so I constantly have to change the channel for him.

My own mother and father died years ago when I told them... I ain't paying for your long term care... I am weaned. I am potty trained... go die already. But my wife, she's all "I love my father and sister..."

And I'm all like I love my money and my TV room.... FUCK! Well, of course, I love them, too. I talk all scary and nasty but I am a big softy... even now I am thinking.... what can I make POP, (my wife's father) for breakfast?

He has sisters that are 96 years old... so, he will probably outlive me. So, I will be making breakfast for him until I die.

Anyways, what were we talking about? Some knee problems?
Hi!  I'm Randy and I'm a Riffaholic...

Offline RandyMistie

• Hello!
« Reply #11127 on: June 30, 2014, 10:36:24 AM »
By the way, I would like to make a nice chicken chilli for Pop sometime this week. I have good tomatoes, beans, garlic, onions, and some boneless, skinless chicken breast that I can pound out and marinate in lemon and lime...

I am only used to seasoning for beef chilli, do youse guyses have any good ideas for chicken chilli?

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #11128 on: June 30, 2014, 11:35:11 AM »
The Johnny Longbone recipe works for everything.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline RandyMistie

• Hello!
« Reply #11129 on: June 30, 2014, 11:38:59 AM »
Oh my god, I was thinking of "Track of the Moon Beast" but I thought "No" these guys would think I was a total geek and they wouldn't answer my questions.... but I see it doesn't matter! And that makes me laugh....

Seriously, though, LOL.... seasonings, yes I have all the ingredients as Johnny Longbone, but more celery? Dill? With the chicken?