Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1791513 times)

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #11100 on: June 26, 2014, 12:46:23 AM »
Soooooooo, had a look at the rough sketch of my first merchandise today.  It's pretty surreal
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline Space version 2.0

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 719
« Reply #11101 on: June 26, 2014, 04:39:29 AM »
Well Harmon is all over the place so there's a good chance that if you like one thing he's connected to you may very well like some other things.

How do you feel about crazy old inventors/scientists and their grandson having wacky adventures?

Funny connection with that, the other creator of Rick and Morty (he did the original version Doc and Mharti*) is the voice of Lemongrab on Adventure Time.

*Warning: NSFW, at all

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #11102 on: June 26, 2014, 09:42:09 AM »
Accepted a friend request from a girl I kind of sort of remember in high school awhile back.  Never really talked to her, she was probably just adding anyone she noticed from the same school.  Didn't think about it after that until the other day when she posted some pictures of models in lingerie and what looked like a news article about them.  Learned a ton about her instantly.  Turns out in the years since graduation, she had become a breast cancer survivor, and after that created a line of lingerie specifically for women who had to have mastectomies.  She'd discovered none of her clothes fit right after her surgeries and started making her own that'd be comfortable and still sexy.

Just thought that was pretty damn awesome.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

jonalame

« Reply #11103 on: June 26, 2014, 02:44:54 PM »
Hey! The Summoner Easter egg version of the Dead Ale Wive's D&D sketch! It's a small world after all.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #11104 on: June 26, 2014, 07:08:50 PM »
Hey! The Summoner Easter egg version of the Dead Ale Wive's D&D sketch! It's a small world after all.

Well, a small forum anyway.  It was your post that inspired mine.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5713
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #11105 on: June 26, 2014, 07:18:26 PM »
Not sure if spam

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4650
« Reply #11106 on: June 26, 2014, 08:02:24 PM »
How DARE they?!

I just saw a cook use flour to thicken the leftover fat in their cooking pan.  I declare, publicly . . .

. . . they will roux the day they did that!
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4650
« Reply #11107 on: June 26, 2014, 08:59:34 PM »
How DARE they?!

I just saw a cook use flour to thicken the leftover fat in their cooking pan.  I declare, publicly . . .

. . . they will roux the day they did that!

I'd bechamel-lion dollars they don't!

Ahhh... food puns...  people just eat 'em up! :)
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #11108 on: June 26, 2014, 09:28:00 PM »
In sports news, America is still in the World Cup because rules. That's what I was able to gather anyway.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #11109 on: June 26, 2014, 09:31:35 PM »
Accepted a friend request from a girl I kind of sort of remember in high school awhile back.  Never really talked to her, she was probably just adding anyone she noticed from the same school.  Didn't think about it after that until the other day when she posted some pictures of models in lingerie and what looked like a news article about them.  Learned a ton about her instantly.  Turns out in the years since graduation, she had become a breast cancer survivor, and after that created a line of lingerie specifically for women who had to have mastectomies.  She'd discovered none of her clothes fit right after her surgeries and started making her own that'd be comfortable and still sexy.

Just thought that was pretty damn awesome.

Interesting times for Ronin on the social medias
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5713
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #11110 on: June 26, 2014, 09:36:30 PM »
In sports news, America is still in the World Cup because rules. That's what I was able to gather anyway.
Maybe it's a Double Elimination Tournament.

Offline Miku Fan

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 527
  • Just letting fly with a flat "douchebag"
« Reply #11111 on: June 26, 2014, 11:42:17 PM »
We can't perceive anything in real time, because our senses are passive...stuff has to come to our eyes, ears, etc., to be perceived, and that takes time. If you look at your hand right now, you will actually be seeing how it was in the (very recent) past.
You can never perceive the present.  And  the further something is from your eyes, the further in the past you see it.  So, if you look at your hands and feet at the same time, your feet are farther in the past than your hands.  Kinda weird.

ミクさんは世界で一番お姫さま!

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2646
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #11112 on: June 27, 2014, 12:22:50 AM »
We can't perceive anything in real time, because our senses are passive...stuff has to come to our eyes, ears, etc., to be perceived, and that takes time. If you look at your hand right now, you will actually be seeing how it was in the (very recent) past.
You can never perceive the present.  And  the further something is from your eyes, the further in the past you see it.  So, if you look at your hands and feet at the same time, your feet are farther in the past than your hands.  Kinda weird.

Imagine what it was like to be a really large dinosaur, with the time it takes for nerve impulses to travel some of them were big enough for it to take several seconds for the feeling of something happening at the tip of their tail to reach their brain.

Offline Lembach

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 8272
  • Hormel Batch Master
« Reply #11113 on: June 27, 2014, 03:04:04 AM »

I don't think Time exists. Everything occurred at once. A big quantum explosion of possibilities. We exist through a series of "now"s and perceive it as time.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6861
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #11114 on: June 27, 2014, 06:38:59 PM »
there's a panel in the men's room labelled "ham. arrestor". now, i know it's something to do with electricity or plumbing, but i prefer to imagine something porcine-related.
dF = 0
d*F = J