login

Author Topic: Completely Random Thoughts  (Read 1790021 times)

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
Re: Completely Random Thoughts
« Reply #11085 on: June 25, 2014, 01:21:15 PM »
Well that was a fast turnaround.

Starts with a guy just popping up on my Facebook feed because he's in an MST3K group.  Posted a few things about the show, got some discussion going.

Next he just posts a pic of a Confederate flag...okay.  No text, no explanation, just the pic.  Not my thing, don't personally like people waving it, but for some they look past the bad symbolism.  Maybe he's just a Skynyrd fan or whatever.

Hey look, another picture with no text.

Isn't that? (checks Google)  Yup...that's a KKK badge.

So much for that guy on my feed.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Quantum Vagina

« Reply #11086 on: June 25, 2014, 02:20:56 PM »
Could just be a Kanye fan with just the flag, in all fairness... But yeah, pretty good indicator.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #11087 on: June 25, 2014, 02:22:02 PM »
The flag was a literal red flag for me.  Didn't block him right away, but I was ready to watch carefully to see if he had to go.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #11088 on: June 25, 2014, 02:53:37 PM »
The flag was a literal red flag for me.  Didn't block him right away, but I was ready to watch carefully to see if he had to go.

We're all just happy you made it out unharmed. 

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
« Reply #11089 on: June 25, 2014, 03:44:41 PM »
The bulk of my TV watching is after the show is finished. The rental list currently has The Shield, The Wire, Chuck, Breaking Bad. I prefer to watch shows on my schedule rather than whenever they happen to be aired.

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #11090 on: June 25, 2014, 03:55:25 PM »

We're all just happy you made it out unharmed. 

Speak for yourself!  I happen to believe a few flesh wounds here and there builds character.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2639
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #11091 on: June 25, 2014, 04:03:49 PM »
The bulk of my TV watching is after the show is finished. The rental list currently has The Shield, The Wire, Chuck, Breaking Bad. I prefer to watch shows on my schedule rather than whenever they happen to be aired.

Also it can't be cancelled out from under you.
FINE

Offline Nobody

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 617
« Reply #11092 on: June 25, 2014, 04:15:12 PM »
I usually do that too, like I did with Dexter, or accidentally, as with Firefly.  Every third shirt on most of the nerdy t-shirt sites refer to the show, but there was only one season.  Not sure how that happens, but I was a little surprised when I watched it on Netflix and the show ended just as I was starting to like it.

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #11093 on: June 25, 2014, 05:09:10 PM »
I usually do that too, like I did with Dexter, or accidentally, as with Firefly.  Every third shirt on most of the nerdy t-shirt sites refer to the show, but there was only one season.  Not sure how that happens, but I was a little surprised when I watched it on Netflix and the show ended just as I was starting to like it.

I see a metric shitton of Doctor Who t shirts also.  I wish they would move on to something else, but if thats what is selling I guess they gotta do what they gotta do...

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5712
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #11094 on: June 25, 2014, 06:19:17 PM »

I see a metric shitton of Doctor Who t shirts also.  I wish they would move on to something else, but if thats what is selling I guess they gotta do what they gotta do...
Even as someone who isn't much of a Doctor Who fan, I wouldn't mind it so much if they were actually creative. But most of them are just inserting a Tardis into some other random geek property.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #11095 on: June 25, 2014, 06:25:06 PM »
Yes and often it's Firefly the mashups are just so boring.

However Firefly is a great example of a show that's better to watch on disc than as broadcast; you can watch it in intended order for one thing.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 08:37:13 PM by Tripe »

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #11096 on: June 25, 2014, 07:07:46 PM »
Huh, this is cool.  So you know that old D&D audio sketch?  The one that everyone's heard?  This one:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/vChEPj0dXXk?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/vChEPj0dXXk?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

It was a sketch by a comedy troupe called the Dead Alewives.  Amongst their members was Rob Schrab, the producer of the Sarah Silverman program (and he's done a bunch of other stuff I like).  But more interesting to people here would the other member, Dan Harmon, creator of Community. 

I always like finding connections between seemingly unrelated things that I like. 

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #11097 on: June 25, 2014, 07:16:18 PM »
Well Harmon is all over the place so there's a good chance that if you like one thing he's connected to you may very well like some other things.

How do you feel about crazy old inventors/scientists and their grandson having wacky adventures?

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
« Reply #11098 on: June 25, 2014, 08:29:50 PM »
Don't think I know what you're referencing, but I'd like to.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #11099 on: June 25, 2014, 08:36:29 PM »
Here's a (the) preview:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/F2KnFDfHm4o" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/F2KnFDfHm4o</a>